1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

"fearfully And Wonderfully Made"

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Euphemia, Jun 8, 2014.

1. This is an oil painting entitled, "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" that I did a few years ago, and which I will be re-doing again this year, and having prints made up.

Abdicate, Mitspa and TezriLi says Amen and like this.
  2. Very nice. Can you tell us more about it? Thank you.
  3. Gladly!

Hmmm...well, when I had my first child, of course as with any other young mother, it was a wondrous time! My mother gave me a book which was a photographic journal of one couple's baby's first year, which was sometime in the late 40's. I loved the black and white photos, and fell in love with the photo I depicted in my portrait above. It just spoke to me. Apparently, the husband snapped a shot of his wife sitting with her baby on her lap, just after the storm of a bout of colic had passed.

I can't find that book, now! I wish I could! There were so many other pics there I could use as inspiration!

For me, I desired to interpret it as a mother, lost in wonder, looking out a window with her tender baby on her lap. I have had many comments from people who have seen it, some with very emotional responses. This is the second one I did---the first I have, but the second one, the best, was given to my sister who has it hanging in her living room. She lives so far away that I cannot just go and borrow it and have prints made, so I plan on repainting the same subject so that I can actually sell them.

Thanks for your comment!
    TezriLi likes this.
  4. Super. I hope you can find your book and do all you intended . . . .
  5. I've always been amazed by people that can reflect life on a medium. I used to draw a lot when i was a kid, but I could never get out of the stick-figure stage - even today :D

Great work!
  6. Thank you---me too!
    TezriLi likes this.
  7. Thanks so much!