FEAR

Have you ever feared driving over a high bridge? If so, you're not alone. In fact, some people are so afraid of bridges that they will drive hours out of their way to avoid them. Others try to cross but have a panic attack in the middle of a bridge and can't go on. They block traffic.

Because of this the operators of some of the longest and highest spans in America now offer a driving service. On request, one of the bridge attendants will get behind the wheel and drive the car over the bridge.

In 1991 Michigan's Timid Motorist Program assisted 830 drivers across the Mackinac Bridge, which is five miles long and rises two hundred feet above the water.

At Maryland's Chesapeake Bay Bridge, which is over four miles long and rises two hundred feet above the water, authorities took the wheel and helped one thousand fearful motorists.

Bridges aren't the only things causing fear in people's heart. In any terrifying situation the way to get over the paralysis of fear is to do like these motorists---turn the wheel over to someone else. Turn the situation over to God and then trust him. You have to cross that bridge, but you're not doing it alone, and God is the One in control.

Panic, Prayer, Trust
Ps. 56:3; 1 Peter 5:7

In 1991 Michigan's Timid Motorist Program assisted 830 drivers across the Mackinac Bridge, which is five miles long and rises two hundred feet above the water.
Hi Godbe4me,
I just wanted to say something about this bridge in Michigan. When the wind blows this bridge sways, flex's and twist. It feels strange and if the wind gets very strong they shut this bridge down so no vehicles get thrown off.

Blessings
FCJ

Hi Godbe4me,
I just wanted to say something about this bridge in Michigan. When the wind blows this bridge sways, flex's and twist. It feels strange and if the wind gets very strong they shut this bridge down so no vehicles get thrown off.

WOW!!! Sounds like they need to shut that one down and make some major repairs to prevent that type of swaying.

WOW!!! Sounds like they need to shut that one down and make some major repairs to prevent that type of swaying.
Actually that was incorporated into the design to combat against the strong winds on such a long bridge.

Lol I don't mind bridges but I do like what I am driving on to be still. Lol
Blessings

Back