1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Sport

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by flip_flops, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Hello friends,

What is your favorite sport game. I mostly like Cricket and football.
  2. I am guessing by 'football' you mean 'soccer' to us Americans?

When I was younger I enjoyed cycling and hiking...Not sure if that is a qualifying 'sport' nowadays.
  3. I'd guess so drs. At least with the mention of cricket too. Football (soccer) has just got so monied these days. Cricket
    I could still for example remember the Clive Lloyd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Lloyd era when the West Indies
    were so dominant.

I seem to get more and more doubtful about marveling about it though. Sure I would say "Wow" as say Chris Gayle crashing six sixes the other day.

But maybe if I was fit enough, I'd get more out of hiking. There are things I could not see as a child that maybe I'd appreciated more
    if I'd had the right head at the right time. This particular one still does have nice childhood memories for me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuillin

I was talking just yesterday with my mother about paths we knew when we lived in Wales. How to walk down "Bogey Lane", the magnificent oak tree in Bodysgallen, how to cut across "The Nant", etc. I'm only talking a small area of a couple of miles here but there were paths you could find.

One crossing the Nant is full of bracken - sort of 6 feet tall stuff. But there is a clearing where you look down and maybe two miles away you see this place http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_David's_College,_Llandudno. You can sort of think spots like that are your own secrets but of course other people know them too,and maybe more...

My mother could talk me through walking down the (I think) Hinwood Road in Westbury on the England/Wales borders when she was little. My grandmother apparently knew every flower down there. And sometimes I really do as an older person that learning just what is there in nature can be more that say pondering how someone kicks/bashes a ball.

It's taken me years but:
    yet I tell you that even Solomon in all
    his glory was not dressed like one of these.
    DavidG likes this.
  4. You may also share our favorite player with us..
  5. Love "Soccer"/futbol, Hate Football and Basketball. Really, really, really hate Cricket. Ok, well, I don't hate it. I just don't get it no matter how many times I try to play it.
  6. Baseball (Lets Go Mets), Fencing (on team in college), Lacrosse, Curling
    DavidG likes this.
  7. To watch - American football; to play - Soccer
    DavidG likes this.
  8. Wow! Interesting to see couple of cricket fans :) For me, Cricket!
  9. American football and I love martial arts. Not the UFC stuff but street self defense.
  10. Martial arts is great. I did kickboxing for a while. It was a ton of fun and an awesome workout!
  11. Yeah. I've studied for awhile now and taught a few years back. Thinking of teaching again to small groups
  12. Football for me. Buffalo Bills AND New Orleans Saints are my teams. I also love baseball AND NASCAR.
  13. Nice. I'm a huge Bears fan. We have both the Bills and Saints in Chicago this next season...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're going to beat them both! :D:p

14. Oh , no you're not gonna beat us!!!!!!!!!:p:p;)
  15. We'll crush the Bills. The Saints beat us this last season in Chicago so...should be a good game!
    Jesus Freak likes this.
  16. It's both :)
  17. For me it's a tie between badminton and bar fighting.
    DavidG and TezriLi say Amen and like this.
  18. Basketball, American Football and NASCAR.