1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite "Jesus Music" artists

Discussion in 'Books, Music and Television' started by WorshiperChris, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Favorite "Jesus Music" artists

I enjoy many of the artists and bands of the "Jesus Music" era (circa 1970-1985) such as Honeytree, David Meece, Whiteheart and Keith Green. What are some of your favorite Christian artists from yesteryear?

2. Musical Tastes

You know, as we grow in God we change
    from Glory to Glory 2 Cor. 3:18.

The artists you have listed were the ones
    my wife, son and friends of ours listened
    to among a host of others of course.

But now we 'crave' the syrupy anointed
    Messianic sounds of Paul Wilbur, Lamb,
    and Maranatha singers.

No use for the Contemporary Christian
    Music of today.

Also, have you ever heard of Michael J. Talbot.
    fantastic 'troubador' of the Lord! :smt035

Shalom my brother,
    Joe

3. Re: Favorite "Jesus Music" artists

I love Honeytree,she was the first christian artist that I listened to back when I was 12-13 years old.
    My favorite song is "I am your servant".
    Also ,after I became a mom, I would sing the
    " Lullaby " song to my daughter all the time.

One cd I just bought yesterday,is " Reflection of Something" by Todd Agnew. I love his voice,and his lyrics are really blessed , especially, the track,
    My Jesus.

4. Stryper and Petra are some of my favorites.

5. I love almost every form of christian music as music itself was created to worship the master.
    Worship is my favourite followed by praise but I also love contemporary,rock, semi classical and may other forms. It is a eal pleasure to see an artist worship God with his instrument and talent.

6. Stryper and Petra (the era of "This Means War to Unseen Power") was great 80's Christian music long with Mylon and Broken Heart

However, the "Jesus Music" of the 1970's. I loved 2nd Chapter of Acts. They seemed so authentic. I know many here will despise me, but I always thought Keith Green couldn't sing at all.