Favorite Hymn

Welcome to CFS Bounty for your gran..

Thanks for posting that. I haven't heard the song in years but I have always loved it. I occasionally will sing it when I am by myself (trust me no one wants to hear me sing lol). I don't know about the rest of the country but I when I moved to Florida the churches here have tended to get away from the old hymns in favor of more contemporary music. When I was a kid I would have loved that but now in my 40s I miss the old hymns. The church I currently attend does do the old ones from time to time but wish they did more.

What a friend we have in jesus is always a favourite. Always.
Prefer hymns over hillsong..

O holy night is also wonderful.
Joy to the world

• Actually I was just agreeing with you and Lanolin - it is one of my favorite hymns. :) And just a wee bit lazy to repost the video.

Reactions: /
Thanks everyone...I appreciate the responses. I will post all hymns that were included at a later date.

I think for me, it is I Heard The Voice Of Jesus Say but it has to be done to Vox Dilecti. The change from minor to major has some impact on the song and I'm perhaps too prone to crossing over to the Star of The County Down if Kingsfold is used - I love both tunes but if the latter is used for this hymn, I'm thinking "not that tune" and my mind wanders..."

Others I would mention are When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder and How Great Thou Art.

Back