Favorite Christian Movies?

Discussion in 'Fellowship Time' started by jmilly, Apr 19, 2014.

1. "One Night with the King"

Pathwalker likes this.
  2. I definately like these (though the theology of the "left behind" stuff is off).
    I would add:
    "The Grace Card" (brings me to tears every time)
    and
    "Faith Like Potatoes"

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  3. I read the book Faith like Potatoes.
    Havent seen the movie. I really liked the book.

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  4. There are a lot of movies that are not even close to what the Bible is saying. So with this in mind, I do not watch a lot of the " Hollywood " movies that try to change what the Bible is actually saying.

Cturtle likes this.
  5. Noah was terrible.
    It was like watching Lord of the Rings I really thought those trees were going to fight each other.

6. I didn't even know they made a Hollywood Noah movie, lol.

7. I just watched a short clip of Noah on YouTube and although it was quite dramatic and visually impressive it was rather scripturally inaccurate.

Cturtle likes this.
  8. I totally agree with you on this...

9. Have you ever seen AD The Bible Continues? Roma Downey and Mark Burnett are the producers.

10. If I made a movie of Noah I would definitely have more screen time with the animals.
    That movie just had Noah putting them to sleep straightaway. Then it rained. And rained. And rained.
    Yawn.

Angela333 likes this.
  11. Evan Almighty was a better take on the Noah's ark story IMHO.

12. I imagine Noah would have plenty of interactions with the animals and his wife prolly fussing over them. I don't know what all that drama about Tubal Cain was in the movie...that wasn't in the Bible.
    Noah was also probably counting the days...that didn't happen in the movie.
    Well, I could pick it to pieces I suppose but I was just disappointed. God didn't even figure much, which is weird, considering, God told Noah to build the ark and gave him explicit instructions.

Pathwalker and Angela333 say Amen and like this.
  13. Lol, of course God didn't figure much in the movie....it is a Hollywood movie after all.

Cturtle likes this.
  14. Has anyone seen the movie " Exodus " ?

15. No I have not. I don't think I have heard of it???????????

16. I havent heard of that one either. Is it recent?

17. We have a Redbox next to our home and that is where a copy of it is. I haven't seen the movie , yet.

18. Yes, it was quite good, much better than Noah.

Pathwalker likes this.
  19. I will see it in a few days.

20. I will be happy for your opinion! :)

Pathwalker likes this.