fasting

smellycat

Account Closed
fasting

i wonder if this was mean,t like Jesus said giving up things for him.sinful lifestyle etc.before Jesus it was food,after Jesus it is in spirit.:)

thats a point,old bodily,new spiritually,like foreskin cuts of a 0 in circumcision.maybe we cut out re-cycling from evil.mmm,anybody think of any others.?

There's truth in that. makes sense. but it doesn't stop there.
yes of course we must refrain from all evil no matter what, fasting or not.
but food fasting is more for spirituality and showing God we'll give up everything for Him and trust in Him.

Micheal according to Gods word what is a true believer.If any one is still in thier sins they nee to be saved in christ Jesus there is no sin and that is where true believers are.
We know that whosoever is begotten of God sinneth not; but he that
was begotten of God keepeth himself, and the evil one toucheth him not.
19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in the evil one.
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an
understanding, that we know him that is true, and we are in him that is
true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
21 My little children, guard yourselves from idols.So my qeustion what is a true believer ive been told even as believers we will only sin.According to Gods word that teaching cotradicts the truth of scripture.Gods word is true and i only want to live according to His will.
15 For let none of
you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evil-doer, or as a meddler in other
men’s matters:
16 but if a man suffer as a Christian, let him not be
ashamed; but let him glorify God in this name.
17 For the time is come for
judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what shall
be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18 And if the
righteous is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and sinner appear?
19 Wherefore let them also that suffer according to the will of God commit
their souls in well-doing unto a faithful Creator.Solemn warnings let us speak the truth with each other in love if we truly believe.

I like how Peter tells believers not to meddle in other peoples matters God hates gossip and those that falsey accuse innocent people.Lord have mercy ion me in Jesus name.

Gods word is Spirit and they are life a true fast is where we humble ourselves and deny ourselves wether it be food or time or finances for His Glory and His will.Isaiah 58 tells us what God views as a true fast.Lord help me my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak.

Back