1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting, Just Do It.

Discussion in 'Holy Spirit Baptism and Living' started by THALLON, Aug 26, 2014.

1. The other day I fasted for the first time in years, for three days mon tue wed, ate thur.
    Still drank coffee, had the occasional milk drink and a couple of soups.
    I was encouraged by a TV show that
    said Fasting stops the body from focussing on food utilisation and redirects its resources
    to DNA repair. It also builds brain neurons [so if you have a mental disorder you need all the brain neurons you can get].
    It also is linked with living longer and less health issues eg. diabetes, dementia, arthritis etc etc.
    But from a spiritual perspective
    its very helpful for getting closer to God and getting answers to prayer
    and casting out demons.
    And if you can't sleep, FAST. There is nothing like a good nights sleep.
  2. I try to fast every Tuesday. But I mean fast, fast. Nothing but water.
  3. Disclaimer: Do not fast if you have blood pressure issues or heart conditions, or other medical needs,
    if you do, either seek medical advice or cater your fast to your needs.
    A strict water fast may deprive your brain of glucose and cause you to pass out or
    may affect your job. take care.
  4. if your able to do that I recommend the longer fast, they say its very beneficial. but no more then 3 1/2 days.
  5. Used to be able to fast -- not anymore. Not even on Yom ha Kippurim, which is a big deal. I start to pass out.
  6. have a spoonful of honey every few hours? would that help?
    TezriLi likes this.
  7. That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
  8. Hmmmm. Possibly! I'll remember that. Thank you!
  9. Matthew 6:18 “so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly
  10. Not even skip a meal?
  11. I can skip a single meal and do that often. I eat very irregularly, since I lost the weight, eating only when I am hungry, and even then, putting it off because I am "too busy." But I cannot go more than @ 2/3 of a day without food.

Further, I drink constantly. Everywhere I go, I have a lidded quart with a straw in it. If I don't, I start choking after about 10 - 15 minutes.
  12. Then you can fast by skipping a meal right?
    TezriLi likes this.
  13. Yes, but only one or two. I am thinking, however, of trying the honey thang that Thallon suggested. Maybe that will help me go longer.
  14. I hear what you are saying.. Because I am not one who will say you have to fast the entire day otherwise it is not fasting.. Fasting could be skipping just one meals, which we might anyway skip because we are lazy to prepare breakfast :) For example, most of the weekends I skip breakfast on Saturday.. Because I get up late and all the weekdays I eat cereal.. so I don't want one more day of cereal.. I simply have lunch directly.. But once a month, I get up early, still skip meals, but instead spend the time on prayer.. And that is fasting :)
    TezriLi likes this.
  15. You are right. I need to rethink fasting. :)
    Ravindran likes this.
  16. I love talking with people who actually listen and hear out the other person :) I love talking with you sister! God bless you!!
    God is Love and TezriLi say Amen and like this.
  17. If it fits within your diet and your fast - one thing to try is protein drinks rather than sugary things like honey or soft drinks that contain nothing but sugars.... When you feed your body sugars - it consumes them instantly and you feel REALLY hungry soon after.... If you try protein instead - it takes your body a long time to digest the relatively fewer calories - you don't zoom up and crash down - then feel cranky and irritable....

Other tips...
    When you do eat something - don't eat "Salty" things or you will want to eat "Sweet things" to go along with them and you will CRAVE and feel crazy.......

Also... Double up on daily vitamins including any specialized supplements you take.... Your body still needs minerals.... If you don't have these - you can end up feeling SUPER run down after a fast....
  18. Awww. You're so nice. G-d bless you!!
    Ravindran likes this.
  19. A spiritual fast should not be considerate from a diet understanding.
    You should avoid if possible vitamins and protein of any kind as your trying to weaken your bodies hold on your spirit.
    Honey is a hit to help if you need it. 1 tablespoon is equal to 64 calories. The glucose in honey is absorbed by the body quickly and gives an immediate energy boost, whilst the fructose is absorbed more slowly, providing sustained and lasting energy.
    Honey has been clinically tested to sustain blood sugar levels for much longer periods than other types of refined sugar, sports gels and ‘carbo snacks’ which means it is great for everyone including kids, recreational sports of all levels, athletes and fitness enthusiasts to stop you from ‘crashing’ and feeling lethargic. People with diabetes can still enjoy moderate amounts of honey in their diet
    TezriLi likes this.