1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Faith Without Works Is Dead...

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by eldercullen, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Hello!

My name is Elder Cullen and I am a full time minister, missionary and representative of Jesus Christ.

I believe that faith is one of the most critical elements to life, and without it we would not be where we are today. I also believe that works is a key part of faith. In James 2:17 it reads: Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

My good friend writes a blog about faith, I have found it very useful and inspiring. Worth a look :)

Hope you're having a great day, and God bless!
    Elder Cullen
  2. The point James was making was the faith is not the be in vain. But let's us remember that there's a different between a faith that works and a faith in works, sacramental theology as practiced in Catholicism being an example of the latter. We are saved by faith apart from works (Rom 4:6, Eph 2:8,9) But having been saved, our faith demonstrates itself by its outworkings.
  3. Hi Steve :)

Would you be able to re-phrase that? I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say :)