Faith is Hurting... Need some encouragement

Discussion in 'Fellowship Time' started by Juk, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Guys, I have found that the best way to help my faith is to read the Bible. Right when I was done reading the Bible, I was better. :)

Abdicate, Waggles and JG27_chili says Amen and like this.
  2. I never really joined into the really bad stuff.

Waggles likes this.
  3. I need some more encouragement....

4. Do you have access to Gospel television? In fact, you can view it online. You can find excellent Biblical teachers online in video format which offer advice and encouragement for many circumstances.
    You may not be aware of any but I will recommend Joyce Meyer. If you type her name in online you will see her website; open it up and look at the Enjoing Everyday Life section.
    People like and dislike many teachers, so please find one that you like.
    I think this will help you.
    Of course we all here will help you too. :)

Juk likes this.
  5. So there's your problem. Focus on Jesus and His written word and don't debate those that don't believe. This is what's happening to you:

Proverbs 23:9 (KJV)
    Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
    Proverbs 9:8 (KJV)
    Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
    Matthew 7:6 (KJV)
    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. ​

Keep your eyes on Jesus, grow in Him and His word. When you're through training, then God can use you for the battle field. You're not prepared to deal with them. Besides, you're throwing pearls before swine those that do not want to hear.

Juk likes this.
  6. Yeah, I read about the pearls and pigs comparison in Matthew a couple of days ago. The thing is, now they force me to argue with them by tricking me! It happened to me yesterday. I just can't let them leave with them thinking that they are right, but they always do anyway...

Relentless likes this.
  7. Lol, it's because I was just arguing with an atheist (or Muslim I dunno) and he was hurting my faith again. I'm going to read the Bible soon. It's the best medicine. :)

8. That's just pride. They're going to believe what they want, no matter what you say. You're conversations have already affected you, so learn: don't mess with them. You're not doing any good trying to get them to believe something they don't want to believe.

9. They always think they're right, no matter what anyone says. All they want to do is make you think your faith is false and that it's silly to believe in God. They use peer pressure and the fact that atheists run all the colleges and media to make you think only a fool would believe in God.

Personally, I never let them take the offensive. I keep pressure on them and their own silly beliefs. Here's a good site against evolution, for example: http://scienceagainstevolution.info/index.shtml . It focuses on science vs. evolution, and doesn't bring faith into it except as done by those whose faith is in science. Don't let them keep you on the witness stand; make them sit on it and stay there.

Juk likes this.
  10. @Juk, think of it this way: you have a new computer, with all your stuff in it, favorite games, emails from friends, well wishes from family. Would you let a hacker onto your computer to delete all your stuff and damage it? That's what you're doing when you speak with people who do not wish to hear the truth.

Juk likes this.
  11. Great analogy. It's so hard for me to turn from arguments though.

12. Pride is a hard thing to deal with. We all have it.

2404 and Juk say Amen and like this.
  13. http://www.quora.com/Why-hasnt-the-...the-last-100-1000-years/answer/Chris-Pierre-3 Please read the argument between me and the second guy.

14. I think I have a lot of pride. But I'm not prideful enough to not accept Jesus :)

15. I am ALWAYS on the defensive because I'm not the one who starts the arguments. But I always have an answer for them. I like the idea of arguments because they are like the art of war.

Relentless likes this.
  16. That's why you need more "basic training" before going to war. And we're in their territory so to speak, being the unbelieving world. We are "enemies of the state" since we have pledged our allegiance to the Kingdom of Heaven.

Those arguments they start are nothing but bait for purposes of their own entertainment.

Did I post this already? http://www.fether.net/index.php?page=refuting-atheism-a-quick-reference/

Juk likes this.
  17. I don't think so.

18. About your last sentence lol.

Relentless likes this.
  19. Well said. (y)

Abdicate likes this.