Faith as a substance

I can provide a perfect, real time example for this. I think most here know that I had a pretty bad heart attack back in February. I have been out of work since then. Now, my work does have short term disability, but after 60 days it only pays you at 60% of your salary. Now, I am not claiming poverty here, but I do have bills (not to mention, I have a daughter getting married this weekend, and the medical bills incurred from my attack), and losing 40 dollars out of every hundred was concerning me a little. About 6 weeks ago, I finally told God that I was turning my situation over to Him. Health, financial, everything. I told Him that I was completely dependent on Him, had faith in Him, and wasn't going to worry myself over any of it.

Well, about 2 weeks ago, my wifed walked up to me with a massive check that arrived in the mail for us out of the blue from an annuity fund. I mean, I just sat there in disbelief staring at that check thanking God over and over. This Sunday, my son and daughter-in-law showed up at the house unexpectedly (what a surprise!) and after visiting for a while announced the reason they stopped by was to pay back the large amount of money we had loaned them last year. I could only smile at God. I mean, I am just amazed at His goodness and mercy. He was just waiting for me to let go of my worries and have faith in Him. As soon as I did that, He started taking care of me.

God is great! Trust in Him with all of your heart.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight

Proverbs 3:5-6

Awesome testimony John !
Now dont even think He is done yet for you have not seen anything yet !!
Thank You for taking the time and sharring this with us.
God Bless
Jim

So do you think that this works for people that don't believe in Jesus as well? Say,.these people that visualize things and make positive confessions? As, well as those that are always thinking the worst and speaking the same? Do you think this is a universal law then?

As we have heard before...what about grvity ? Rofl
Honestly to some point yes ! I know of some folks who arenot saved and always are saying they never get sick nor does the cold and flue season bother them for they do not get colds or flue and they never do !!

Words are working for every one but it takes a covenant with God to get God to back you up or move on your behalf and NO I did not say God hasnot helped the unsaved before. I know he saved me many times fromdeath before i was saved. It was the only answer anyone could find.

I can provide a perfect, real time example for this. I think most here know that I had a pretty bad heart attack back in February. I have been out of work since then. Now, my work does have short term disability, but after 60 days it only pays you at 60% of your salary. Now, I am not claiming poverty here, but I do have bills (not to mention, I have a daughter getting married this weekend, and the medical bills incurred from my attack), and losing 40 dollars out of every hundred was concerning me a little. About 6 weeks ago, I finally told God that I was turning my situation over to Him. Health, financial, everything. I told Him that I was completely dependent on Him, had faith in Him, and wasn't going to worry myself over any of it.

Well, about 2 weeks ago, my wifed walked up to me with a massive check that arrived in the mail for us out of the blue from an annuity fund. I mean, I just sat there in disbelief staring at that check thanking God over and over. This Sunday, my son and daughter-in-law showed up at the house unexpectedly (what a surprise!) and after visiting for a while announced the reason they stopped by was to pay back the large amount of money we had loaned them last year. I could only smile at God. I mean, I am just amazed at His goodness and mercy. He was just waiting for me to let go of my worries and have faith in Him. As soon as I did that, He started taking care of me.

God is great! Trust in Him with all of your heart.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight

Proverbs 3:5-6

Wow! Glory be to God! Who always causes us to triumph! Tears of joy rejoicing with You! God is so awesome that His desire is for us to enter His rest...resting in Him and His love for us to make our burden light in trade for the heavy one that sometimes we think we need to carry to "be godly" or strong. In reality it's just pride. I guess that is why Hebrews say that we should labor to enter that rest, because for us it is hard work to learn to rest in Him.

Thanks for sharing John!

Wow! Glory be to God! Who always causes us to triumph! Tears of joy rejoicing with You! God is so awesome that His desire is for us to enter His rest...resting in Him and His love for us to make our burden light in trade for the heavy one that sometimes we think we need to carry to "be godly" or strong. In reality it's just pride. I guess that is why Hebrews say that we should labor to enter that rest, because for us it is hard work to learn to rest in Him.

Thanks for sharing John!
cturtle, you are such a blessing to me. You bring a tear to my eye and smile to my face. Your great love and faith in God shines so brightly in you, and you always have an encouraging word. Thank you, sister.

Thank you, Jim. You are one of the reasons that I learned to increase my faith. Your words here on this forum have taught me a lot, especially about faith.

Funny thing John, had a rough couple of weeks and today I found my self preaching to my self what I wanted to say to others and stirring my selof back up. I was walking around the room just speaking away and then tried to put it into type.....Yea that does not work so easy. lol

Thank You for the kind words John but it is and always be God working through me for I can only say what He teaches me and what I am willing to be willing to learn.
Thank You for being a wonderful friend
God Bless you and your family
Jim

Back