Evidence That Only The Sins Prior To Conversion Are Forgiven

Let's look at Galatians 13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
How would you define "liberty"? Freedom, of course, free to choose good or bad, free will to make choices as illustrated by the second half of the verse. Do not use your free will to be carnal, but to choose to love and serve one another.

Proverbs 16:9 ESV
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Why tell us this when we don't have free will?
verse 13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. Why tell us this when we don't have free will?
verse 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! Why tell us this when we don't have free will?
verse 16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Why tell us this when we don't have free will?
verse 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Why tell us this when we don't have free will?
verse 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Why tell us this when we don't have free will?
This is just one chapter of Paul's letters. How many do you need to see before you understand free will?
Don't get caught up in a self determined resolution. This is very plain to see if you have eyes to see.

What a fun thread! Lots of great scripture, good retorts with respect, fun topics!"

Proverbs 16:9 ESV
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Mmm I always thought that had to do with courting the favor of God rather than determinism since it seemed to echo in pairing with vs 3

"Commit your work to the Lord,
and your plans will be established."​

Last edited:
What a fun thread! Lots of great scripture, good retorts with respect, fun topics!"

Mmm I always thought that had to do with courting the favor of God rather determinism since it seemed to echo in pairing with vs 3

"Commit your work to the Lord,
and your plans will be established."​

It does.

Context is everything in Scripture.

If you want to you can make the Bible say anything you want it to if you want it to badly enough.

This is how megachurches dupe people.

1. But we also need to grasp that to lose our salvation is very difficult / requires sinking to an absolute depth of evil inner intent. Shipwrecking = shipwrecking. Ship = ship, not a speed boat. Shipwrecking = turning ship completely around + sailing into stormy weathers + keeping course in the stormy weather.
2. Wise spirit filled Christians also know how ridiculously difficult / evil it is to shipwreck salvation.
3. BAC = overcomer. We don't get a revelation of Jesus is Lord 1 Cor 12:3 (become BAC's) unless we have already passed a session of God's judgment of our heart and mind Jer 17:10.
4. God is not a respecter of persons. There were many OT that walked close to God and had a heart condition on par with ours. We either have a heart after God's (like all BAC's do) or we don't.
1. Agreed
2. Agreed.
3. Not agreed ... Jesus gives many warnings for BACs to work @ being overcomers (as He overcame!)
4. Agreed.
Hey, 3 out of 4 is a passing grade ... keep up the good work.
Hope it's okay to talk about good works/deeds here!

It does.

Context is everything in Scripture.

If you want to you can make the Bible say anything you want it to if you want it to badly enough.

This is how megachurches dupe people.
True. But to be fair, I've seen plenty of duping in microchurches :) Decent accountability tends to be a better indicator than size.

When I received Jesus, ALL my sins were forgiven, including the ones I had yet to commit.
God lives outside of time.
Now this ... this is worth contemplating on, and with, and ...
Thanks.

P.S. I haven't yet admitted that I knew my OP title and post was/is shakey!

The devil dupes people.
And the devil is in the megachurches.

Obviously when they preach that they can heal people through their TV sets if they touch the box.
Preach gospels of profits of Mammon.
Tell people that they have an ancestral witch for a belly ache.
And say that a nine hundred foot Jesus said to get a million dollars by x time or he'll call him to heaven.

I can go on and on with this obvious deception of these churches.

Deception is an art of the enemy. The fruits are clear and rancid.

True. But to be fair, I've seen plenty of duping in microchurches :) Decent accountability tends to be a better indicator than size.

Absolutely.

There are many that will use God to make a buck.

From indulgences to oil from the holy land, they have made a lot by deception.

And the devil is in the megachurches.

Obviously when they preach that they can heal people through their TV sets if they touch the box.
Preach gospels of profits of Mammon.
Tell people that they have an ancestral witch for a belly ache.
And say that a nine hundred foot Jesus said to get a million dollars by x time or he'll call him to heaven.

I can go on and on with this obvious deception of these churches.

Deception is an art of the enemy. The fruits are clear and rancid.

Satan is not any more prevalent in a large church than he is in a small one. In fact some tiny churches begin around a person who has been turfed out of a viable ministry for his independence, and refusal to submit to correction.

Let's look at For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
How would you define "liberty"? Freedom, of course, free to choose good or bad, free will to make choices as illustrated by the second half of the verse. Do not use your free will to be carnal, but to choose to love and serve one another.
Yes, but my favorite really is ...
Romans 6:16-19
"Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death,
or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?
... so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
"

Free will is a myth.

What about Genisis 2:16 and Genisis 2:17 which tie together. There God gave free will to Adam. But in the end Adam used his free will to eat of the tree of knowledge. Free will came in the beginning of man kind

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, you are wrong, wrong, wrong!

You have to send $$$$$!

They don't do anything for free . . . .

:D

Of course not.

People have been making money off faith since there have been shamans sitting around campfires saying these entrails say that we'll have a bad hunt unless we do a sacrifice. Of which only the shaman can do properly. For part of the sacrifice and a fee of course.

Old as humanity.

Back