Evidence Of The Holy Spirit (scripture Examined)

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by lowlyservant, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Is there some urgent need to declare definitively what exactly the wheels in Ezekiel's vision are? I think given the history of what has happened and how many occult practices have been developed through people trying to declare a definitive meaning about Ezekiel's vision, we can discuss it, sure, but we should also be really careful about needing to make any definitive claims about it. That simple line drawing you keep showing -- notice the crown, orb and scepter? We already spoke about where those come from. "Christian" art throughout history (especially the 15th-17th c.) has been very heavily influenced by various pagan elements, like Hellenism and Zoroastrianism. I would be very cautious about how to interpret imagery used in "Christian" art -- wheels and orbs have other specific meanings in those pagan influences, just as the crown/globe/scepter in the picture you keep posting has a specific pagan meaning that has nothing at all to do with anything in scripture. Posting such a drawing as part of your "evidence"... I would caution very strongly against that, given that pagan influences are obvious in those works.

Why is it so hard for someone to believe what you claim? Perhaps a more pertinent question for you is, why are these "evidences" so easy to explain in other ways?

The wind analogy you used is a great one -- it's effects are seen and felt, but it itself is unseen. In the Hebrew, spirit is "ruach," which means breath or wind. The focus of these qualities is that it is an invisible thing with an effect that can be observed and felt -- but the ruach itself is invisible.

I really don't understand why you seem to have this driving need for the wheels to be the Spirit. Why would it even matter? Does it make some difference to the gospel?

2. I believe that you are not lying. And I have prayed for you. I hope that what you are experiencing is of God. Please test it. You say you witnessed a demon claiming to be God - was this a possessed person? Was this at a deliverance/exorcism? How was the demon discerned? Did anyone warn you that anyone in the room of such a thing can often be targetted? If you want more on what can read Four Nights With the Devil by Peter Hockley.

3. In post#180 - there is a photo of a child in the "orb" and it looks photoshopped - sorry.

4. The artwork that I have posted on Ezekiel's Vision of God is merely to show the orbital appearance of what Ezekiel had seen and describes as wheels. I am not concerned with anything else about them.

Ezekiel wheels is one of the most misunderstood pieces of scripture in the whole bible. Is it easier to explain Ezekiel's wheels in any other ways than I have explained?

I can be definite about the wheels being the Holy Spirit because I have seen Him many times and I know what He looks like.

No one knows the origin or destination of the supernatural orbs. They appear to come out of and go back into thin air very much like the wind.

Why the driving need for the wheels to be the Spirit? And would it even matter? Our family in heaven battles lies with truth. The wheels are a description of what the Spirit looks like. The way to battle the lies about the wheels is with the truth and I believe that is what Ezekiel would want. I believe that this is what Father God, family and friend of Ezekiel, would want as well. And of course, there would be those brothers and sisters that would want to know the truth too.

5. off topic

6. I'm sure you thirst for the truth. Your thirst will be quenched when you get to heaven.

7. What effect does this "truth" have on the gospel?

8. We don't have to "believe" what God wants from us, we're told in scripture. What would you say the Bible teaches about what God wants from us? Let's focus on these things.

Claims about "seeing" the Spirit or "knowing" what He looks like... all that just seems totally irrelevant to me. The Spirit is here to convict the world of sin and lead us to a repentance that will restore our relationship with God and transform our lives. What God wants is for us to proclaim this truth -- Truth that has a real power to save.

I guess my point is, whether I believe your claims or don't believe them, it doesn't actually effect my life in any way at all.

You keep asking, why is it so hard to believe? Well, why is it relevant to believe? Whether I believe the Spirit looks like an orb, a banana, or has no form at all has absolutely no effect whatsoever on His power to convict me and lead to to repentance. So the only truth any of us need to be interested in is the Truth that has the power to break the chains and set the captives free. You said, very correctly, that "Your thirst will be quenched when you get to heaven." So let's focus instead on what's relevant here and now.

At its worst, you're defending something that isn't true. But even at its very best, you're spending all this time and energy defending a piece of trivia that has no power to save. What the Spirit "looks" like is irrelevant compared with what He has the power to do in our lives.

You know there are things you could be doing that do have a real effect in people's lives? Do yourself a favor, man, put all that excitement, commitment and energy into what the Bible actually teaches us about what we should be doing, and get out there and do it.

9. Ok then stand on your faith. You don't need to convince people on here. You attempted to share your beliefs about orbs and you have received a collective response of skepticism. It is what it is and none of this affects our salvation anyway so that's good:)

I think there are things we don't know and I humbly accept that. Some people on here believe there is nothing hidden...that is probably true but I have yet to discover many things.

I think the pictures you have posted are beautiful and I think often there is more than meets the eye. But for now, no one on here believes those lights are the Holy Spirit.

There just isn't enough scriptural evidence IMO with the ones you've posted.

You obviously love God and I'm glad you are here. :)

Where is the Messiah likes this.
  10. #190 lowlyservant, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    God wants us to get to know Him. This would include Jesus and the Holy Spirit as well. This thread is about the Holy Spirit. I know a lot more about the Spirit than what He merely looks like. Only people don't seem to be able to get past appearances to discuss much else . Like, the Spirit of truth's memory is so perfect that when He remembers you as living person, you are a living person (spirit) in His memory. He has a living memory. His memory of you say as an 8 year old child is so perfect that God could probably recreate an identical 8 year old child of you from the Spirit's memory. These memories are revealed to us in orbs. This is on the perfection of the Holy Spirit and is not outside the bible, for it is written that God is perfect.

Of course you do not need to know or believe any of this for salvation. But neither do you need to know the latest blockbuster hit movie either. It is only of interest to those who want to know the Holy Spirit.

Real photographs of the Holy Spirit could help to draw the non-believer and those on the fence to Christ. This is something that should be allowed to grow and should not be destroyed!

Look at how much this orb resembles an eye.
    [​IMG]
    That's because it is the eye of the Spirit bearing witness while looking directly at the camera man. This is what the Spirit of truth does.

1 John 5:6 And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

A person can't ask for anything more than real pictures for demonstration in bible study.

Here's one for you Roads, straight out of the gospel:

Romans 8:16
    The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

I find it comforting to see the truth of scripture with my own eyes. It also increases my faith. Thank you God.

11. #191 lowlyservant, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The term "Spirit" translates the Hebrew word ruah, which in its primary sense, means breath, air, wind.

I believe that the silver cord comes from or is part of the breath of life. If it is loosed we no longer have life in the human body and are cut off from living in this visible world. It is the breath of life that gives us life in the human body. The breathe of life is the Holy Spirit within us that gives us life in this world.

12. Most people have heard of a N.D.E. (Near-Death-Experience) claiming that their lives had flashed before their eyes. This is the Spirit of truth showing them moments throughout their lives. I read of one account were these moments were shown in bubbles (orbs). And it was so overwhelming that Jesus had to hold the person up as so their legs would not give in and collapse.

I love to see the truth of scripture in our lives.

John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

He, the Spirit of truth has shown N.D.E. moments of their lives - "whatever He hears He will speak".

13. Some people who have had a N.D.E. say that they were shown the future.

John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

14. Acrylic painting inspired by God through a dream.
    [​IMG]
    By: Child Prodigy Akiane Kramarik entitled, "Pyramid".

...In one of my dreams I saw the image of white pyramids beaten by the ocean waves and surrounded by live bubbles.

Unlike most of my paintings, I had no idea what those symbols meant, but I painted them anyway.

Today the meaning still remains a riddle...

- Akiane Kramarik

15. A photograph of the Spirit of truth bearing witness in a christian church.
    [​IMG]
    Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

Let's talk about the Spirit of truth glorifying Christ and how this is done.

John 16:9 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority,
    but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

The Holy Spirit declares to the Apostles that sit on the thrones of judgement that we belong to Christ and are not to be judged. This is how the Holy Spirit glorifies Christ.

16. There was a word in Ezekiel's day that described a ball or sphere. But, it appears that Ezekiel had never used it and I believe that it was an uncommon word and this I believe is why Ezekiel would have used a phrase such as "a wheel in the middle of a wheel" to describe an orb.

17. Please pay close attention to this. There is reference to this throughout the bible. The Holy Spirit Himself had shown me the truth to this one. This is a demonstration of perfect discernment of the Spirit.

Please notice how these supernatural orbs resemble the eyeball:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1 John 5:6 And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

The photograph above is the Spirit of truth looking directly at the camera man and bearing witness to him taking the photograph.

Romans 9:1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience bearing witness in the Holy Spirit.

18. Blessed Spirit, do they work in bringing into remembrance all things that Jesus Christ has said to us. Amen

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

19. So we have the supernatural orb appearing before Ezekiel with Father God and Cherubim as in Ezekiel 1:15:21. We have Father God inspiring a young modern day artistic genius to paint "live bubbles" through a dream. We have seen the supernatural orb descending like a dove as in Mathews 3:16. Also, hovering like the Spirit of God over the face of the waters as in Genesis 1:2. And we have seen the supernatural orb bearing witness as the Spirit of truth, as it is written in 1 John 5:6 and glorifying Christ as in John 16:13.

20. Ezekiel's Vision of God (artist rendition based on scripture)
    [​IMG]
    Ezekiel 1:16 "a wheel in the middle of a wheel"

What Ezekiel describes as "a wheel in the middle of a wheel" is obviously orbital.

Here is a real photograph of the face of a spirit in a supernatural orb:
    [​IMG]
    Ezekiel 1:21 "for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels"

"for the spirit of the living creature was is in the orb"

What Ezekiel saw with Father God and Cherubim was obviously orbs.

Please note that the Holy Spirit appearing before Ezekiel with Father God and the Cherubim would have appeared as much more than the Holy Spirit in this photograph.