Eradication Of The Adamic (sinful) Nature?

Due to the relevancy of the doctrine of indwelling sin within the believer, I thought this share-worthy.​

In our zeal to please God we can unknowingly, due to possessing less Scriptural-comprehension than we realize, accept doctrine before confirming Scriptural support; which can result in nothing more than conjecture.

Concerning the eradication of the sin nature (“old man”) during regeneration (born again), it conflicts with a multitude of scriptural doctrine, esp. with Galatians 5:17: "For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."

To me, this is a description of the Adamic nature (old man) and the Holy Spirit co-existing (not cohabitation) within the believer and I think it would be quite an ingenious invention for anyone to explain it otherwise.

There remains also the lack of an explanation for the phrase "so that you do not do the things that you wish;" which implies the ongoing tendency for the believer to do wrong, evincing the presence of the sin nature. I also believe Scripture would be more clear in identifying it's death in like manner as it has concerning our death in Christ, i.e., "For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God" (Col 3:3).

Blessings to your Families!

Back