Emotions

Well, Dusty, you sound just like me now!

I have been in real need of sharing my problems with loving people but I don't want anyone to think I am weak~
I want to be strong for everyone else!
See, I never think of you as anything but strong and yet I know you have your sadnesses too~

Yes , Violet cause I see every one with their families and I feel like I was a failure and botched up mine and now don't have any family of my own cause my son spends Christmas with his dad and the dad's family. I don't see him much all year.He never calls.

I do go to my brother's and that helps.

Yes , Violet cause I see every one with their families and I feel like I was a failure and botched up mine and now don't have any family of my own cause my son spends Christmas with his dad and the dad's family. I don't see him much all year.He never calls.

I do go to my brother's and that helps.

Oh Dusty~things are not always as they appear~trust me.
If you are a failure then so am I~

Sorry Violet ,..... Don't mean to put a heavy on you but you are no failure for sure.

Got to go now as i promised to make some cookies for my neibours . Be back later. God bless you Violet and thanks for cheering me up. Hope you are cheered up too.

Gosh we women are so similar!
God's strength is manifested in our weakness.
I need to know that I am not alone when I feel desperate,
one of the ways the enemy attacks me is to say,
'well Jackie, it's just you, everyone else is strong, they have problems but they cope',
we need to be transparent with each other,
yes I know it makes us vulnerable,
and Dusty will vouch for me, that my openness was taken advantage of badly by a woman we both knew quite well on another forum,
but I put it down to experience and regard it as her lack of character, and not my problem.
Lets be real with each other, because then the Kingdom of God can advance because our honesty and openess means the enemy has nothing he can use against us!

I used to feel this way all the time!

Oh, down in the dumps! I'm a guy...but I'd sit by the window and wonder where my life was going, where He was taking me.

Why was I always the one being picked on? How come I was the only one in the world who had to follow His rules and commandments and everybody else just seemed to get away with doing whatever the heck they wanted? Why did I feel so alone?

I'd cry, too...big crocadile tears. No reason, just sitting by the window and all of a sudden here they'd come...rolling one after another.

How come I was the only one who "liked" cleaning the house? How come I was the only one who "liked" paying the bills? How come I was the only one who had a bible and ever opened it?

One time I was staying in The Dalles while on an arch dig. I had been feeling this way for months, and thought about going to see a doctor for depression. But would that mean that I wasn't trusting in the Lord? Would God think I had forgotten Him? I didn't know what to do.

I pulled open my curtains when I got into my room and there was a big billboard outside my room..."God Cares." It said. Only this and nothing more.

I went to the doctor, he prescribed anti-depressants because things were going wacky in my noodle, and POOF!

The world exploded back into life.:D

buzzboy.gif

Gosh we women are so similar!
God's strength is manifested in our weakness.
I need to know that I am not alone when I feel desperate,
one of the ways the enemy attacks me is to say,
'well Jackie, it's just you, everyone else is strong, they have problems but they cope',
we need to be transparent with each other,
yes I know it makes us vulnerable,
and Dusty will vouch for me, that my openness was taken advantage of badly by a woman we both knew quite well on another forum,
but I put it down to experience and regard it as her lack of character, and not my problem.
Lets be real with each other, because then the Kingdom of God can advance because our honesty and openess means the enemy has nothing he can use against us!

Thanks Jackie and Violet. That's why I love you all so much. You all are part of my life.... Even if it is the internet somehow you all have become my inspiration and I have learned so much more here than I ever did on that other forum that Jackie talks about. I just feel like I personally know you all and you all are so special. Both of us took a lot of abuse on the other forum and I am wondering if this person was really a Christian to behave the way she did. Maybe she must be laughing now that she upset the whole forum and caused so much discord that the discussion side shut down.

Emotions are an important part of who we are but we must not let them run away with us. It is one of my goals in life not to make descisions when I am to emotionaly wound up.

You guys are always blessing me with your artistic creations. I can't draw so I wrote a little story, hope it blesses you. It's sort of a love story, sort of a poem, sort of allegorical but not as much as some might think, everything is true and really happened.

Those who know me, know that I'm hopeless. What they don't know is I have hope, a secret love, faith, trust, and a promise.
"I will give you all the desires of your heart"
So many things I do not understand but I know that God is true and I know that love is his free gift to us.

In the springtime of my garden grows beautiful flowers short and tall.
The most anticipated is not there, it grows alone on a barren cliff wall.
She only comes once a year and the briefest glimpse never fails to stir my heart.
Her flowers form a blazing ball of red-violet-blue, a living work of art.

After much prayer and fasting, I had a vision on an angel, she touched my hand and broke my heart. God only knows how I prayed for her broken wing, full knowing that she would soon fly far away.

In the summer of my garden, grows a flower dressed in simple white.
So sweet and heavenly is it's fragrance, it lures the bees in flight.
Armed only with this fragrant flower, I dared to cross an unknown sea.
I found safe harbor in her arms as she welcomed and embraced me.
Briefly we talked about the future as she showed me an incredible view.
She told me, one day God would call her back to stay and then away she flew.

The summer's past, the flowers fade, the storms are having a ball.
The leaves turn brown and with my tears, they slowly begin to fall.

All hope is gone when the cold winds blow and snow covers the ground.
But God always gives us hope if we open our eyes and look around.
In the middle of my sadness, I found a perfect blood-red rose.
It's not reasonable to expect flowers in winter but there it was, she grows.

I do not know the ending of this story, if I will ever see her again. I do know that spring always follows winter. I know that God is love and God is true. I know that no matter how discouraging our circumstances, we can always hope and trust for they are free.

Nice Don! after Hurrican Katrina blew thru I worked 4 months straight 84+ hours a week. I didn't get lunch ,break and I never saw the light of day the whole time. Every night I would drive home and as I hit the turn on exit ramp my headlights would illuminate the a glorious vine full of the most awesome blooms- I always felt as though God placed them there just for me. The highway department has sprayed them and cut them down but they always grow back- A little reminder of God's goodness when all you can see is darkness.

Don, that is so beautiful and I want to cry!

Well, I don't want to but I might~

God, please send Don the best woman you have!
He deserves her~
:pray:

You guys are so great. I really feel that God gave me that rose in the middle of winter to encourage me...I needed it at the time.

Thank you Violet for the prayer. I feel a peace in my heart, that my day will come, winter never lasts forever.

Don .... God has given you a beautiful talent and a very soft heart. Thankyou for that poem. May the Lord bless you and keep you in the palm of His Hands. You are such a blessing and I cannot understand why some good woman has not seen that.

6682939eb82a496489bf621085fd6a59.jpg

Back