Elderly Woman Desperately Needs Help

Discussion in 'Requests for Assistance' started by m_daughtrey, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Could you provide some details? Do you know her? Was the card returned? Was there a fraud claim made?

2. #3 Euphemia, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    This looks like a scam to me---people use that website just to get gullible people to send them money.

DavidG likes this.
  3. It could be a scam, but if it's not.. Kinda mean to accuse someone of it without any evidence, right?

4. No it isn't, really. Newbies don;t usually come to a site and post something like that right off the bat. I work as a forum monitor at another site, and we see this kind of post a lot.

5. I mean that's a great assumption, but you still have no evidence to call them a scammer.. Unless you do, then forgive me for assuming you didn't.

m_daughtrey likes this.
  6. I don't, but I have good instincts. If the OP ever returns, then maybe we will see what the truth is.

7. I understand where you are coming from. I too use to worry about things like this. I use to think to myself, "how do I know my tithe is going towards God, when I give at church?" or "What if this church is just using this money for selfish reasons"

Then when read verses like "Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to." I realized it didn't matter what happens after I give, it only matters that I have a giving heart. Let God deal with whatever happens after that. Doesn't the Bible even tell us to give to our enemies? "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink."

kimber, m_daughtrey, 福井舞 and 3 others say Amen and like this.

8. LOL! God enjoys a generous heart, but He also wants us to be wise, and not foolish by in effect paying cheats.

9. I do not know the details. I found out about this situation at the food pantry where I volunteer. The daughter doesn't own a computer and asked if I could help spread the word. She wrnt to library to start the campaign after she saw something on the news about it.

10. You're instincts may be good, but they are wrong in this instance. I am a retired Elementary School Teacher and I volunteer at my church, local food pantry and library. I heard about this situation at the food pantry where I volunteer. The daughter doesn't oen s computer and went to library to start the campaign. She asked me if I could help spread the word since she doesn't own a computer. I heard about this forum from a friend at church snd thought this would be a good place to spread the word to good people. I am not allowed to give money to the clients at the food pantry or I would have tried to help her out financially.

11. This is not a scam. I am a retired Elementary School Teacher and I volunteer at my church, local food pantry and library. I heard about this at the food pantry where I volunteer. The daughter does not own a computer and asked if I could help spread the word. We are not allowrd to give money to the clients at the food pantry, so I thought I could help by spreading the word for her. My friend at church told me about this forum and I thought that it would be a good place to share her story with good people. I am simply trying to help out a person in need.

12. I am sorry you were accused of being a scammer. Welcome to the forum!

13. I am glad that your appeal is for real! We do need to be cautious and I am sure you agree with that.

m_daughtrey likes this.
  14. Yes. I agree and I understand.