Economic Downturn Warning

Relentless seems to be quite clued in here. I will ramble a bit, as per my Lord.

God never took nation... we left Him. We can only get back His protection through repentance per experience...
That’s spot on, 100%! God always gives us hope.

But...

The bad news is,

Typically, with OP's like this, most folks ask, what's to discuss -- other than to commiserate about the pickle we're in? Well, yes, there is hope -- IF we REPENT, God will restore, and he will heal our land. That’s all it would take. Let’s say, the people at USA or where-have-you take one day off, just one day, from the president/”prime minister” all the way down to the street sweeper, we all agree to take just one day off and repent. How likely do you think that is gonna happen? Well, then, you’d better prepare for the coming persecution, because it is even now at the door.

Make no mistake, God’s judgment is about to fall on the children of disobedience. Do not be found among them.

If your reaction to being told that there are faults in Caesar's statutes is to rush to defend them, it is because you cannot envision life without them. This is normal for someone who can only see one kingdom: the kingdom of this world. Yet this world is passing away, as are our own bodies. There is only one thing in life more certain than Caesar's taxes. So we are really here as a test of whether we can “see” and then choose those things that have eternal value. Are our energies devoted to laying up earthly treasures, or treasures in heaven? Are we slaves devoted to building the kingdom of this world, or are we seeking first the kingdom of God? We cannot even know where to begin unless we can see God's kingdom, which is the true meaning of being born again.

God in his sovereignty has provided the perfect means of testing whether we can make the distinction between the two kingdoms. Caesar has usurped God's authority, but his kingdom is built entirely with our consent and by using legal fictions. His authority over us is imaginary. We do not have to render ourselves to him unless we believe that we belong to him. Most people believe with all their heart that they do, for they cannot see the alternative. But if you know that you belong to God, along with your labor, your family, and everything else you have, then you will already have a deep-seated unease with the multitude of demands Caesar makes on you.

If this is the case, then make a list of those things that rightly belong to God but you have in ignorance given to Caesar. Then develop a plan of action for returning them to their rightful owner. This is not easy, but it is necessary. You will need to learn much more about God's Law so that you can discern what true obedience requires of you. If you trust the State to provide for your needs rather than trusting God, it should be clear which master you are serving. As no man can serve two masters, you have a choice to make. Scripture is clear that obedience to God comes at a price, and we must first count the cost. But once you can see the eternal kingdom, you will realize that any price is worth it.

Matthew 13:44, "The kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.”

Anyone who engages in commerce (profiteering; pursuit of mammon) comes under Caesar's jurisdiction (“Caesar” = ungodly government). The merchants, the rich men of the earth, the great men of the earth, are identified with the ungodly authority:

“The kings set themselves, and the rulers take counsel against the Lord and his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us” (Psalm 2:2, 3).

and

“Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.... Lord, behold their threatenings...” (Acts 4:25, 26, 29).

and

“Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him. They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off” (Hosea 8:3, 4).

Yet, many stumble with the reality that there is a counterfeit “authority” seeking our obeisance. Satan said, “I will be like the most High” (Isaiah 14:14).

It is Satan’s “higher power” that is behind the merchants, the rich men of the earth, the present temporal “governing authorities.” Satan is “the god of this world” (II Corinthians 4:4), “this present evil world” (Galatians 1:4); there is no Godly ordination there.

We have a choice as to which purported authority we submit to and therefore “serve.” God’s authority is above all the “government institutions” of men.

Why does God “allow” ungodly “governments?” What is the purpose of man's law? It is God's rod of correction. God uses man's law to chasten his people. God uses heathens to chasten his people.

I have yet to meet anyone who actually enjoys gov’t jack-booted thugs storming their castle to take them to “indefinite detention,” forced vac’s, or worse. So GET OUT OF DODGE and come over to where the yoke is easy and the burden is light. Come out from among them and be separate. Touch not the unclean thing.

We are to place ourselves under God's jurisdiction, living in God's kingdom. And we're not going to be perfect, we may fall and do wrong, but we are to check everything that we're doing. And if we do something that's against God's Word, we repent immediately to renew our mind. That's how we renew our mind, by repenting to the King and saying, "I'm sorry. I did not want to do that. It's a habit, it's the way that I learned in the world. Help break me of that." And he does help us if our heart is truly after him. And if you don't repent, he has the natural man right there as a rod of correction for you, and that's what man's codes, rules and regulations and police power are all about.

If we be without chastisement, we would not be his sons. But he loves us, so God uses a rod of correction to wake the sleeping disciple and get him back on course.

Proverbs 22:15, "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Proverbs 23:13, "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die."

The time for the rod of correction would be passed. The time for repentance and restoration is now.

Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions. Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance. And he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them. Their enemies also oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand. Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity. Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry: And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies. He made them also to be pitied of all those that carried them captives. Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

My pat answer is: Trust God. There are some very poor Orthodox Jews and poor Christians that have reported that their food has multiplied while eating and everyone is full as well as money appearing in their bibles. I can't prove any of this, nor has it happened to me, I believe it's scriptural to those who practice faith, Mark 8.
It has happened to me. Example: I was sojourning “off the grid” for 7+ years. My new wife commented that we did not have any bread (we had never gone hungry, we had other foods, but we had been specifically bread-less for quite some time). Moments later, I walked out to the public payphone to contact a potential source of provision, when I looked down to see a plastic bag on the sidewalk. I opened it and inside were two fresh loaves of organic bread -- the only kind we eat. I looked left and right but the street was empty. I held up the bag and praised the Lord!

Part of that plan is to make the vast majority of people unable to prepare, as well as unwilling.
Mind control could have its own thread. There aren’t enough of these satanists to run the whole place, so they try to get us to do it to ourselves. When was the last time you jumped the chain of command and “called the cops” on someone, rather than go and talk to them yourself first?

The middle class is all but destroyed...
Yes, that is their plan: get rid of what Hitler called “useless eaters.”

...and they cannot just "get out of debt". The few who are waking up have done so too late.
If you have any resources left, then it is not too late to liquidate and get out of debt, NOW. Get free from that leverage, that bondage.

Basically, you’re saying that it’s too far down the debt-ridden road for most to begin reclaiming their freedom. Well, IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO DO THE RIGHT THING. Do not continue throwing good money after bad! The King will honor your good-faith action to DO THE RIGHT THING.

They cannot get their retirement funds without losing what few jobs they have; they cannot get out of debt when they're living paycheck to paycheck...
If your faith is in your retirement funds, then you deserve what is about to happen to them. You get my point. Like, who needs insurance when we have assurance, from our Father? I’ve never had insurance in my life. What a waste of provision!

...every spare cent is going to rapidly rising expenses...
Again, stop throwing good money after bad. Where’s your faith?

...and lower home values make downsizing almost impossible without bankruptcy.
You borrowed money from the bankers (a sin), and paid the bankers usury/interest on it (a sin).

How serious are you about wanting to be set free? Most don’t even discern that they are slaves to Caesar! Jesus Christ came to set the captives free!

You’re busily rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar’s, and you don’t like it. And the hurt is going to get worse, as per design.

One option is to go ahead and declare bankruptcy. It’s no big deal in Caesar’s world; it’s “just business.” Point: Do what you can, NOW, to get out from under the debt burden. Any money and effort spent NOW will pay off big time later. Yes, you will probably have to accept a lower (more realistic) standard of living. So what? Do you want to be free? Or must you have that remote, creamed coffee and picket fence?

When I began only a few years ago to see what was coming, I started asking the Lord what to do.
BINGO!

How many here have done that? Seriously? I’m not talking about hedging your bets, keeping the credit (debt) cards and mortgage, while asking God to bless your little misadventures into bondage. Start living WITHIN your means, and do it NOW.

It takes love to stand for the truth. There is nothing but love motivating this post. I have been shown much about what is happening, and what will happen soon. Please, hear me out.

And the thing that has always come back to me is the lesson of the people of Israel gathering manna: those who gathered much didn't have any left over, and those who gathered little lacked nothing.
Amen!

Some believers are being told to store up, others are told only to trust for provision.
Yes, but HOW MANY ARE SEEKING HIM?

I believe God prepares each of us as he sees fit. He knows who can help others and who cannot. He knows who is being diligent and doing their best, and who is not. So each of us must look to God for guidance and not presume that "one size fits all".
Amen.

Personally, I believe it's always prudent to at least keep a few weeks' worth of canned goods and other non-perishable supplies, even for ordinary events such as power loss. Definitely agree with keeping as little as possible in the banks, and maybe some cash in hand in case of a bank holiday. The dollar has lost almost all its value, so having either some precious metals or other barter-worthy items is also good as we're able to acquire them.
Amen.

But one thing I'm sure of is that no strategy will be guaranteed to keep anyone out of the whims of the police state. A best-case scenario is that people form small communities in remote places, composed of people with a variety of skills, and heavily guarded.
Well, now I come to the meat of MY preparations. The Lord told me, among other things, that I am to bring the body of Christ together in COMMUNITY. We must forgive and focus on the bigger picture. We must be willing to LAY DOWN EVERY PET DOCTRINE and DIFFERENCE, and support the body of Christ 100% with everything we do. This will, certainly, separate the believers from the make-believers. Plenty of phonies around -- Hitler gave out an extra week’s food rations to those who snitched out their neighbors. And when Hitler’s troops came to people’s house in the middle of the night to haul them off to concentration camps, torture, and death, HE DID NOTHING ILLEGAL; the law allowed for that scenario! And Hitler did not seize power -- he was elected! People, who is YOUR god? Caesar? Or the Real Deal? Come out from among them and be separate!

Even so, it's only a matter of time until government troops seek out and destroy/confiscate all strongholds, down to the "tiny house" in the woods.
It is more than interesting that in scripture, the wilderness is seen as a place of refuge, of safety...

Especially in the US, people are so scattered and disconnected (by design) that our worst problem will be finding people we can trust.
YES! SO TRUE!

And we can't all suddenly move all our family and trusted friends to one place, never knowing exactly when the collapse will come.
Well, we don’t need to know when it will come. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never gets here. All we have is NOW. What are we doing with the “NOW?

There are no pat answers. Each of us needs to just make sure that we're listening to God and doing the best we can, trusting the Lord to supply whatever we lack. But the most important prepping of all is spiritual.
AMEN! Please, people, ask the Lord, NOW! DO NOT WAIT ANY LONGER!

Given that the chances of escaping the coming chaos is practically nill, we need to be spiritually prepared for anything. And how do we do that? Only God knows. All we can do is pray and listen, and make sure that our faith is firmly anchored.
He makes a way where there is no way. BUT, do you believe his word? Do you believe that?

Folks, there is to be no fear in any of this. God specifically says he has not given his people the spirit of fear -- fear is one of satan’s boys. Rather God has given his people the spirits of love, and of power, and of a sound mind. Are you one of God’s people??? But I love you and I don’t want to see you go the bad way! It breaks my heart to have to even post in this place. There are only a few here who are truly born again. I know that, because scripture tells us that. The path to destruction is broad, and the majority travel it.

I have been in some very hairy situations; my wife and I have seen the King move mountains. This game is for real, and we need to be playing it HIS way -- not our own way.

The good thing about stocking up, as long as it isn't at the expense of helping the needy here and now, is that even if we can't use it, someone else will. Who knows but that we're providing for someone else, and that someone else in turn is stocking up for us?
Absolutely.

Do not use credit cards or even debit if you don't have to.
Credit is not money; it is DEBT!

Use cash. But do not carry too much with you
...while cash is still accepted.

Last edited:
I resonate with your focus on faith, yet would you agree that we must also be doers of the word also?

I truly believe it is up to the church for what will happen; for we either manufacture our restoration in the confines of faith, obedience, love and forgiveness, or we continue to manufacture our demise in the confines of disobedience, lust and arbitrary punitive judgment against the non-aggressive sinner.

Yes i fully agree with being a doer of the Word also! If we don't put the Word of God into action then do we really believe?

Relentless seems to be quite clued in here. I will ramble a bit, as per my Lord.

But...

The bad news is,

Typically, with OP's like this, most folks ask, what's to discuss -- other than to commiserate about the pickle we're in? Well, yes, there is hope -- IF we REPENT, God will restore, and he will heal our land. That’s all it would take. Let’s say, the people at USA or where-have-you take one day off, just one day, from the president/”prime minister” all the way down to the street sweeper, we all agree to take just one day off and repent. How likely do you think that is gonna happen? Well, then, you’d better prepare for the coming persecution, because it is even now at the door.

Make no mistake, God’s judgment is about to fall on the children of disobedience. Do not be found among them.

If your reaction to being told that there are faults in Caesar's statutes is to rush to defend them, it is because you cannot envision life without them. This is normal for someone who can only see one kingdom: the kingdom of this world. Yet this world is passing away, as are our own bodies. There is only one thing in life more certain than Caesar's taxes. So we are really here as a test of whether we can “see” and then choose those things that have eternal value. Are our energies devoted to laying up earthly treasures, or treasures in heaven? Are we slaves devoted to building the kingdom of this world, or are we seeking first the kingdom of God? We cannot even know where to begin unless we can see God's kingdom, which is the true meaning of being born again.

God in his sovereignty has provided the perfect means of testing whether we can make the distinction between the two kingdoms. Caesar has usurped God's authority, but his kingdom is built entirely with our consent and by using legal fictions. His authority over us is imaginary. We do not have to render ourselves to him unless we believe that we belong to him. Most people believe with all their heart that they do, for they cannot see the alternative. But if you know that you belong to God, along with your labor, your family, and everything else you have, then you will already have a deep-seated unease with the multitude of demands Caesar makes on you.

If this is the case, then make a list of those things that rightly belong to God but you have in ignorance given to Caesar. Then develop a plan of action for returning them to their rightful owner. This is not easy, but it is necessary. You will need to learn much more about God's Law so that you can discern what true obedience requires of you. If you trust the State to provide for your needs rather than trusting God, it should be clear which master you are serving. As no man can serve two masters, you have a choice to make. Scripture is clear that obedience to God comes at a price, and we must first count the cost. But once you can see the eternal kingdom, you will realize that any price is worth it.

Matthew 13:44, "The kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.”

Anyone who engages in commerce (profiteering; pursuit of mammon) comes under Caesar's jurisdiction (“Caesar” = ungodly government). The merchants, the rich men of the earth, the great men of the earth, are identified with the ungodly authority:

“The kings set themselves, and the rulers take counsel against the Lord and his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us” (Psalm 2:2, 3).

and

“Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.... Lord, behold their threatenings...” (Acts 4:25, 26, 29).

and

“Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him. They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off” (Hosea 8:3, 4).

Yet, many stumble with the reality that there is a counterfeit “authority” seeking our obeisance. Satan said, “I will be like the most High” (Isaiah 14:14).

It is Satan’s “higher power” that is behind the merchants, the rich men of the earth, the present temporal “governing authorities.” Satan is “the god of this world” (II Corinthians 4:4), “this present evil world” (Galatians 1:4); there is no Godly ordination there.

We have a choice as to which purported authority we submit to and therefore “serve.” God’s authority is above all the “government institutions” of men.

Why does God “allow” ungodly “governments?” What is the purpose of man's law? It is God's rod of correction. God uses man's law to chasten his people. God uses heathens to chasten his people.

I have yet to meet anyone who actually enjoys gov’t jack-booted thugs storming their castle to take them to “indefinite detention,” forced vac’s, or worse. So GET OUT OF DODGE and come over to where the yoke is easy and the burden is light. Come out from among them and be separate. Touch not the unclean thing.

We are to place ourselves under God's jurisdiction, living in God's kingdom. And we're not going to be perfect, we may fall and do wrong, but we are to check everything that we're doing. And if we do something that's against God's Word, we repent immediately to renew our mind. That's how we renew our mind, by repenting to the King and saying, "I'm sorry. I did not want to do that. It's a habit, it's the way that I learned in the world. Help break me of that." And he does help us if our heart is truly after him. And if you don't repent, he has the natural man right there as a rod of correction for you, and that's what man's codes, rules and regulations and police power are all about.

If we be without chastisement, we would not be his sons. But he loves us, so God uses a rod of correction to wake the sleeping disciple and get him back on course.

Proverbs 22:15, "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Proverbs 23:13, "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die."

The time for the rod of correction would be passed. The time for repentance and restoration is now.

Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions. Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance. And he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them. Their enemies also oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand. Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity. Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry: And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies. He made them also to be pitied of all those that carried them captives. Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

It has happened to me. Example: I was sojourning “off the grid” for 7+ years. My new wife commented that we did not have any bread (we had never gone hungry, we had other foods, but we had been specifically bread-less for quite some time). Moments later, I walked out to the public payphone to contact a potential source of provision, when I looked down to see a plastic bag on the sidewalk. I opened it and inside were two fresh loaves of organic bread -- the only kind we eat. I looked left and right but the street was empty. I held up the bag and praised the Lord!

Mind control could have its own thread. There aren’t enough of these satanists to run the whole place, so they try to get us to do it to ourselves. When was the last time you jumped the chain of command and “called the cops” on someone, rather than go and talk to them yourself first?

If you have any resources left, then it is not too late to liquidate and get out of debt, NOW. Get free from that leverage, that bondage.

Basically, you’re saying that it’s too far down the debt-ridden road for most to begin reclaiming their freedom. Well, IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO DO THE RIGHT THING. Do not continue throwing good money after bad! The King will honor your good-faith action to DO THE RIGHT THING.

If your faith is in your retirement funds, then you deserve what is about to happen to them. You get my point. Like, who needs insurance when we have assurance, from our Father? I’ve never had insurance in my life. What a waste of provision!

You borrowed money from the bankers (a sin), and paid the bankers usury/interest on it (a sin).

How serious are you about wanting to be set free? Most don’t even discern that they are slaves to Caesar! Jesus Christ came to set the captives free!

You’re busily rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar’s, and you don’t like it. And the hurt is going to get worse, as per design.

One option is to go ahead and declare bankruptcy. It’s no big deal in Caesar’s world; it’s “just business.” Point: Do what you can, NOW, to get out from under the debt burden. Any money and effort spent NOW will pay off big time later. Yes, you will probably have to accept a lower (more realistic) standard of living. So what? Do you want to be free? Or must you have that remote, creamed coffee and picket fence?

BINGO!

How many here have done that? Seriously? I’m not talking about hedging your bets, keeping the credit (debt) cards and mortgage, while asking God to bless your little misadventures into bondage. Start living WITHIN your means, and do it NOW.

It takes love to stand for the truth. There is nothing but love motivating this post. I have been shown much about what is happening, and what will happen soon. Please, hear me out.

Amen!

Amen.

Amen.

Well, now I come to the meat of MY preparations. The Lord told me, among other things, that I am to bring the body of Christ together in COMMUNITY. We must forgive and focus on the bigger picture. We must be willing to LAY DOWN EVERY PET DOCTRINE and DIFFERENCE, and support the body of Christ 100% with everything we do. This will, certainly, separate the believers from the make-believers. Plenty of phonies around -- Hitler gave out an extra week’s food rations to those who snitched out their neighbors. And when Hitler’s troops came to people’s house in the middle of the night to haul them off to concentration camps, torture, and death, HE DID NOTHING ILLEGAL; the law allowed for that scenario! And Hitler did not seize power -- he was elected! People, who is YOUR god? Caesar? Or the Real Deal? Come out from among them and be separate!

It is more than interesting that in scripture, the wilderness is seen as a place of refuge, of safety...

YES! SO TRUE!

Well, we don’t need to know when it will come. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never gets here. All we have is NOW. What are we doing with the “NOW?

He makes a way where there is no way. BUT, do you believe his word? Do you believe that?

Folks, there is to be no fear in any of this. God specifically says he has not given his people the spirit of fear -- fear is one of satan’s boys. Rather God has given his people the spirits of love, and of power, and of a sound mind. Are you one of God’s people??? But I love you and I don’t want to see you go the bad way! It breaks my heart to have to even post in this place. There are only a few here who are truly born again. I know that, because scripture tells us that. The path to destruction is broad, and the majority travel it.

I have been in some very hairy situations; my wife and I have seen the King move mountains. This game is for real, and we need to be playing it HIS way -- not our own way.

Absolutely.

Do you realize you wrote 15,992 characters (2,948 words)? People are not all going to read this. Please be a bit more succinct. Thanks.

Just skimmed the long post...

It is practically impossible to "get out of debt" when people live paycheck to paycheck. There is nothing to spare, nothing that can be liquidated. I know a lot of people whose home value has plummeted far below what the usurious mortgage balance is, so they'd sell at a loss of many thousands of dollars, if they could find a buyer in this economy. The 401k's cannot be obtained unless the job is lost. So even if all a family has is mortgage debt, and all their money goes to necessities, it is almost cruel to tell them they're in debt because they love this world too much. They're just trying to feed their children. What they need is a miracle from God.

Just skimmed the long post...

It is practically impossible to "get out of debt" when people live paycheck to paycheck. There is nothing to spare, nothing that can be liquidated. I know a lot of people whose home value has plummeted far below what the usurious mortgage balance is, so they'd sell at a loss of many thousands of dollars, if they could find a buyer in this economy. The 401k's cannot be obtained unless the job is lost. So even if all a family has is mortgage debt, and all their money goes to necessities, it is almost cruel to tell them they're in debt because they love this world too much. They're just trying to feed their children. What they need is a miracle from God.
I completely understand. I was once $110,000 in debt to credit cards because I had lost my job. I asked the Lord to help, and now I'm debt free, without credit cards. It's easy for me to sound like I'm judging, but it's a lifestyle choice. God says to owe no man for such a time as these. I'm just trying to help sound the alarm before it's too late.

I completely understand. I was once $110,000 in debt to credit cards because I had lost my job. I asked the Lord to help, and now I'm debt free, without credit cards. It's easy for me to sound like I'm judging, but it's a lifestyle choice. God says to owe no man for times just like these. I'm just trying to help sound the alarm before it's too late.
People do make mistakes, but when most of the ones I know took out their mortgages, nobody knew the economy would get so bad, so fast. There are people with 20 years into a company who were laid off and highly qualified but can't find a job. They want to pay off debts but they can't. And if there are still children at home, it makes severe austerity a real problem.

People do make mistakes, but when most of the ones I know took out their mortgages, nobody knew the economy would get so bad, so fast. There are people with 20 years into a company who were laid off and highly qualified but can't find a job. They want to pay off debts but they can't. And if there are still children at home, it makes severe austerity a real problem.
I understand and I'm not judging anyone. God can still help everyone of His get free.

But...

The bad news is,

and

and

BINGO!

Amen!

Amen.

Amen.

YES! SO TRUE!

Absolutely.

Thank you so very much for all this! What a great "essay"! I enjoyed every morsel of it. Yes, it is long, but it is PACKED with essentials and good advice, confirming points in another's post. Maybe some won't have time to read the whole thing, but there are those who WILL. It was still worth your writing it. I have been wondering off and on what to do, because I am not blind to what is happening in our economy or in the world. So many people give so much advice about how to be prepared, and I have been saving money for awhile, and have no personal debt. I keep the money in case the kids need short term loans, or there is a family emergency, and they pay me back as they can. But I wonder/worry what will happen to that money if the dollar were to completely crash! I know I am not to worry, but I want to make sure I do the best thing, being prepared so it will do the most good in time of need. I need to spend more time in prayer about this specific thing. Thank you again, sincerely.

Timely...

20150212_bank_0.jpg

What of those of us who want house? We currently live in an apartment, but this is a bone of convention in our marriage. I am happy renting, but my wife wants a home of our own so that our currently can go out and play in a backyard which we do not have with an apartment. We do not bring our two year old outside to play because there is no safe area here for her.

A few weeks ago I was almost hit by a car walking or dog to the dumpster. The car was speeding through the parking area as it seems many do here and when they got the speedbump they lost control. If it wasn't for our dog literally pulling me of to the side I would have been hit and seriously injured or killed.

Last night we heard gun shots which isn't just the first time or second, but rather the fifth or sixth.

Because I stay home and care for my wife and now two children, we are very low income, so we live in low income apartments. I have looked at non-low income apartments and they are out of our price range by a thousand dollars or more.

We can get a mortgage for less than the cheapest non-low income housing apartment.

So tell me, if we're not to get a mortgage because it's debt according to some within this thread and apparently sin, but need to get out of a dangerous situation, but cannot since we can only afford low income or a mortgage, what should we do then?

I need to get my family out of here!

What of those of us who want house? We currently live in an apartment, but this is a bone of convention in our marriage. I am happy renting, but my wife wants a home of our own so that our currently can go out and play in a backyard which we do not have with an apartment. We do not bring our two year old outside to play because there is no safe area here for her.

A few weeks ago I was almost hit by a car walking or dog to the dumpster. The car was speeding through the parking area as it seems many do here and when they got the speedbump they lost control. If it wasn't for our dog literally pulling me of to the side I would have been hit and seriously injured or killed.

Last night we heard gun shots which isn't just the first time or second, but rather the fifth or sixth.

Because I stay home and care for my wife and now two children, we are very low income, so we live in low income apartments. I have looked at non-low income apartments and they are out of our price range by a thousand dollars or more.

We can get a mortgage for less than the cheapest non-low income housing apartment.

So tell me, if we're not to get a mortgage because it's debt according to some within this thread and apparently sin, but need to get out of a dangerous situation, but cannot since we can only afford low income or a mortgage, what should we do then?

My personal opinion:

Technically, a mortgage is secured by a tangible asset (the property). So if the homeowner defaults, the loan is satisfied by confiscating the property. So in that sense it really isn't a debt.

Homeowners also have more expenses than just the mortgage. They must pay property tax every year, they must keep up the property in whatever condition the city demands, they must pay for utilities, and they must pay for all repairs. They also are typically required to have homeowners' insurance, which includes a deductible for expenses below a certain amount before the insurance will pay. Also, if for any reason you want to move away in the future, you first have to find someone to buy your property for at least as much as you still owe.

So when you compare the cost of a mortgage to rent, be sure to include all of those things. The main advantage, at least financially, is if you have a fixed-rate mortgage which will protect you from inflation, and won't be raised on the whims of a landlord as in renting.

Aside from divine intervention, there are no easy solutions these days. I will pray for your family.

I can relate, as we lived in apartments for 13 years before buying this house (we have lived in the house for 22 yrs). We used to make very little money. We could have bought a cheap house back then, instead of renting, but it would have been in the bad neighborhoods where the sound of gunshots is a normal thing. We chose a better neighborhood, and I was glad. I don't care that 13 yrs worth of money went "down the drain" as some had told us. It's none of their business, anyway. We wanted relative peace where we lived, and we got it. We did want a house, but had to wait till we made a little more money. When the time was right, everything fell into place. Do what you can to keep your family safe. That is first, whether it is renting or buying.

My personal opinion:

Technically, a mortgage is secured by a tangible asset (the property). So if the homeowner defaults, the loan is satisfied by confiscating the property. So in that sense it really isn't a debt.

Homeowners also have more expenses than just the mortgage. They must pay property tax every year, they must keep up the property in whatever condition the city demands, they must pay for utilities, and they must pay for all repairs. They also are typically required to have homeowners' insurance, which includes a deductible for expenses below a certain amount before the insurance will pay. Also, if for any reason you want to move away in the future, you first have to find someone to buy your property for at least as much as you still owe.

So when you compare the cost of a mortgage to rent, be sure to include all of those things. The main advantage, at least financially, is if you have a fixed-rate mortgage which will protect you from inflation, and won't be raised on the whims of a landlord as in renting.

Aside from divine intervention, there are no easy solutions these days. I will pray for your family.

Thank you for the prayers.

The one option that we are waiting on is Habitat for Humanity to open up it's applications (been since the end of June for the last open application period). With Habitat for Humanity they will build a house with my help from the ground up that will cater to my wife and her progressing disability. Also with one of their mortgages, the property taxes and homeowners insurance is included and the price is around $500 a month which is doable for us.

Timely...

20150212_bank_0.jpg
There are a lot more people on "food stamps" today than there were people standing in lines back during the "great depression". The only difference why we do no see these long lines is because they use a special debit card that is sent to them through the mail.

It doesn’t matter which post (or Bible) one does not read.

It’s yet another tragic sign of the consequences, when the best response one can muster is to complain about the length of a forum post. Myopic attention spans and sound byte memories are the standard fare today. What a misplaced set of priorities we have allowed ourselves to become entangled in.

That’s not the point; that’s just another excuse to do nothing. Rather, what saith Scripture? It is “cruel” to NOT tell them the truth! Scripture says, “Do not borrow.” They’re in it deep now precisely because of this attitude i.e. no one was willing to tell them the Truth back then, when obeying God’s word would have meant avoiding such consequences later. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. What’s happening now is a rendering unto Caesar what is due Caesar...

"What they need is" to TURN BACK to God.

Exactly.

Why keep repeating the same lament? It’s becoming melancholy, even. Whining won’t help anyone. Start preaching a genuine return to Christ, repentance.

Amen.

One decision that violates scripture, begets another, and soon enough, we’re up to our eyeballs in self-inflicted problems.

That’s why staying short on “money” is not a bad thing. The next step is to convert that fiat currency (while it still has some worth) into tangible assets to the saving of your household.

Amen, amen. He always provides a way for the faithful.

Let’s not focus on what WE want. Let’s focus on what God wants of us, and for us.

Should we continue sinning that grace might abound?

Read on for more of the solution.

What is the meaning and origin of the word mortgage? The term mortgage comes from mort and means "death" (as in mortuary or mortality), and gage means "pledge." Mort-gage means a "dead pledge." In Bouvier's Law Dictionary of 1856, Dead-Pledge is defined as "a mortgage of lands or goods." It's a pledge of death because it’s an engagement in debt, which is a neglect or violation of our duty; we're not supposed to engage in those things. This is why we're not to owe man anything:

Romans 13:8, "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another:"

There is no love when one neglects or violates the Law of God. The definition from Bouvier's is a full disclosure that one is walking in bondage and death when engaged in mortgages and debt.

Nehemiah 5:3-5, "…We have mortgaged our lands, vineyards, and houses…We have borrowed money for the king's tribute, and that upon our lands and vineyards…and, lo, we bring into bondage our sons and our daughters to be servants, and some of our daughters are brought unto bondage already: neither is it in our power to redeem them; for other men have our lands and vineyards."

Debt brings into captivity he who engages in it.

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."

2 Kings 4:1, "Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen."

When one enters into debt, who is he a servant to? He is a servant to the merchants of the earth, because their law, the Law Merchant, has full jurisdiction over debt within their system. Between brothers there's not really any debt, because we give and expect nothing in return, for "it is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35). But when we're dealing with the natural man and we go in debt with the world, we're entering into a private law, which is known as the lex mercatoria (Law Merchant).

It is bondage. This is why we’re not to strike hands with heathen; you see the result.

Excellent narrative. Now let’s look closer at the scam. Let’s say you’ve just spent the best 15 or 30 years of your life, sweating off a mortgage. You look at the deed to “your” house/land, only to find that you are not listed as ”owner” but as “tenant.” Say what??? Please, to those few of you who have paid off your burden, LOOK at the deed. You do not own it (God is the owner of everything. Psalm 50:12; Hag.2:8). Try missing ONE property tax payment, and you will find out rather quickly who actually claims ownership of it. THEY LIED TO YOU.

Should we continue sinning that grace might abound?

There is no ”aside” -- it is the Main Event! Bust out the kneepads and get right with the King!

You would be going from the pan into the fire here. Caesar always touts the benefits (while keeping the attached duties hidden). Do you think that Caesar is just some nice guy who wants to help people out from the goodness of his heart? You’re dealing with a corporation, a dead thing, and it wants to get jurisdiction over you. And the only way to do that is to make you dead, too, like it is. For a scam to work, it takes two. Don’t volunteer for the scam.

The whole debt system that's set up today, when one enters into it, one is entering into that private law of those private merchants, and that's who they become a servant to.

The idea of paying interest on anything that is loaned to you is foreign to the Word of God, because interest (usury) is condemned by God (Exodus 22:25-27, Leviticus 25:36-37; 23:19-20, Nehemiah 5:7,10-11, Psalms 15:5, Proverbs 28:8, Isaiah 24:1-3, Ezekiel 18:8,13; 22:12-13). So, when one pays those usury fees (interest), they are partaking of the sin of the merchant who engages in the usury. Simply and directly put:

Deuteronomy 15:6; 28:12, “Thou shalt not borrow.”

When a mortgage is contracted, one man is partaking of another man's sins. Basically, the mortgage system originated in Babylon, and by partaking of the ways of Babylon, we are forsaking God's ways.

People ask, “Well, what can we do about it?” The only answer is to stop partaking of it. Follow the ways of the Lord in your dealings with others. Remember, the Lord provides for all of our needs. We're not to seek those things of the world. And if your heart is truly after him, you will abandon those things and find, through him, his alternatives and his ways. It all comes down to Faith. You go to his word and you go to prayer and he will show you the way. He always does. And that walk of Faith results in knowing, and then seeing, that he will provide for you when you walk in his ways.

Joshua 24:15, "...choose you this day whom ye will serve;"

When you enter into the debt system that's "set up" today, you're entering into that private law of those private merchants, and that's who you become a servant to. You're serving sin, because our Lord rejected all those things of the Roman Empire. As he rejected those things, we must also.

Now, words are easy to say, but doing it is always the difficult part. People are in debt and they don't know how to get out of it, or they don't think they can survive in the world without going into debt, especially in the area of buying a house and the mortgage system. And, along with that, everyone believes they must have just as good of a house as everyone else. So, it has a lot with being spoiled and going for our wants instead of our needs.

When you walk with the Lord, he provides all of our needs (Matthew 6:26-33; Luke 12:28-31, Philippians 4:19, Psalm 34:10). It's our wants that get us into debt. We have to put all those wants behind us and stop looking to the things of the flesh to satisfy us, because there is no satisfaction there.

Psalms 23:1, "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."

We are shown at 1 Samuel 22:1-2 that those who were "in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented," abandoned all of those things and they went to a man of the Lord (David) and had him rule over them. They abandoned that yoke and heavy burden of bondage of the ways of the heathen, and exchanged it for a yoke that is easy and a burden that's light (Matthew 11:30). And we must do the same thing; we must put all those things behind us and follow Christ Jesus only, and not the ways of the world. Without bringing you into bondage through debt, the beast has no power.

If we read the history of God's people, we find that sin always leads to slavery. And that's why we must follow his words and his commandments.

Leviticus 25:23, "The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine; for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.”

Then I guess my wife and I will be sinning as we will be buying a house at some point.

Maybe being a Christian is no longer for us, at least according to what you have been telling me. Maybe we should just become atheists and be done with it!

I do not “sit in an ivory tower” -- far from it. And as far as motives, have a re-read of this thread to learn of people’s “motives.” It’s a no-brainer.

Some are willing to lay everything down at the Lord’s feet -- and some are not. Which describes you?

No one but you has intimated they were.

Indeed.
You said, "That’s not the point; that’s just another excuse to do nothing. Rather, what saith Scripture? It is “cruel” to NOT tell them the truth! Scripture says, “Do not borrow.” They’re in it deep now precisely because of this attitude"

The "no-brainer" is that we are not God, that we can divine the motives of others, especially thousands of people we don't know. What you clearly intimated is that the poor are only poor because of sin, and that you have judged their motives without knowing them or giving them a fair trial.

First of all, God does not require us to sin in one of his laws (entering into a covenant with the heathen, and being unequally yoked with them) in order to exercise his will. If it's his will we do something, and we feel we must break one of his laws in order to do his will, then we better ask ourselves, "Is it really his will I am doing, or my own?"

Secondly, let me ask you a question. Can mere man thwart God's will? Of course not. If he can, that would mean man is sovereign over God, and God is helpless. So, knowing man cannot thwart God's will, one should not worry that man will prevent you from exercising God's will! If you fear that you won't be able to continue doing God's Will if you lose your house or whatever, then you are saying man is more powerful than God! If man does prevent you from doing what you thought was God's will, then maybe that's God's way of telling you it was not his will in the first place, and he may be directing you to a different calling.

“Poor” does not mean lacking. And, as the thread bears witness, their motives, as yours, are posted for all to see for themselves.

To be blunt about it, every bondman of Christ who has entered into debt is presumed to be acting in the mode and character of a pagan (i.e., in commerce) because he has borne or given no evidence to the contrary. Is this not bearing false witness? In other words, when a man professes to be a follower and ambassador of Christ and yet acts in a manner that tells the whole world that he is a pagan, then he is bearing false witness to the whole world. Can the banksters be blamed for repossessing "his" house in such a case? Obviously not! These Christians honor God with their lips, but their heart is far from him (Isaiah 29:13, Matthew 15:8, Mark 7:6).

On the other hand, if you act in the mode and character of a true bondman and ambassador of the Christ, there are alternatives to home "owner"-ship. And all presumptions are rebuttable. Your activity cannot be of a commercial nature, but limited to only one purpose; ministering for the Lord. This does not mean that you must be a minister "ordained" by men. It means that you live, move, and have your being in Christ; it means you are not doing your own will, but the will of the Father.

There are no gray areas. It’s either, "render unto Caesar" or "render unto God" (Luke 20:25). There are no guarantees or silver bullets available when dealing with Caesar, but there is the Promise of Christ, the Higher Power, for "with men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."(Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27, Luke 1:37; 18:27). The shield of faith must be carried at all times. It is not a matter of "getting away with it," it is a matter of honoring the Father first and standing on the word of God and bringing his truth to them, no matter what the consequences.

I do understand why you have such angst, as you speak as the majority. And you have no one else to blame.

This is, indeed, happening all over the country, as moste are well aware. Ask those people if they looked forward to being thrust out of their homes.

You didn't buy it. You mortgaged your future (and your offspring's future) against it.

Why would you disregard his "suffering"? Tell the lad to turn back to his first love.

The best thing about all that you have said? I do not have to listen to one iota of it!

Back