1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Earthquake just now - epicenter Chino Hills, CA - 5.8 Magnitude

Discussion in 'Environmental Issues' started by NearertoGod, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Earthquake just now - epicenter Chino Hills, CA - 5.8 Magnitude

Hey everyone

We just had a 5.8 earthquake. It's been a long time since I've felt one. Everyone is all right. It's not as bad as you think. It was a pretty shallow one, but it lasted about 10 - 18 seconds than usual.

The epicenter was CHINO HILLS, CA, a few miles away from us, so we got to feel it pretty good. We were at McDonald's at the drive through when it hit. The weirdest thing ever. It was the first time for me to be outside during that! The ground was rolling, not just shaking, but rolling like fierce waves.

There were no casualties, and obviously no severe damage. Just a lot of surprise as we've gone earthquake free for around 2-3 years now.

I'll keep you updated,

NTG

2. be careful might be a starter shock.:eek:

3. Did you order a shake with those fries? Just kidding , I am glad everyone is okay. I was watching the news and they said it mostly caused phone service disruption- I am [praying of r all involved.

4. Nope! Maybe I should have. xD
    Yeah, our cell phones got knocked out. My birds are okay, too. One of their cages got twisted when some pieces of a shelf fell on it...but they're safe! :D
    Our dogs tried to tell us that it was coming...but we didn't know.
    Oh well, next time.
    :)

5. USGS revised magnatude downward to 5.4. I'll move this post into "Environmental Issues" where it can get more attention. There is another thread in that area already and both can be used by local residents to detail things if they wish.

6. So now it's 5.4? First it was 5.6, then it was 5.8.
    I think I will just say it was in the 5.0 range.
    I keep hearing tiny rumbles, and the ground trembles a little bit with each aftershock.