Earlier Scripture

I would point out that the Old Testament questions you ask about - are pretty small compared to the context of what is being said. The numbers could have been inflated or not. The Jews were notorious in not noting women and offspring, even in the Patriarchal line. Jesus was born without original sin. What process God used for that is a mystery. But Jesus' earthly father was Joseph - why else would the book of Matthew claim that Christ geneology to the Patriarchal line of David was thru Joseph's blood? Jesus is referred to in the gospels, as the carpenter's son. Unlike many, I don't think original sin was about sex. Jesus was born without the taint that mankind brought on themselves. That is heart of the scripture.

ok please answer my questions . I am worried .. muslim friends ask me this questions to me. How can i reply to that person ? SILK ;)

ok please answer my questions . I am worried .. muslim friends ask me this questions to me. How can i reply to that person ? SILK ;)

It would be impossible to prove anything to any Muslim using their logic and trying to best them. Even if you could show them without a doubt in scripture your right. You have to remember they have another book they believe in that is contrary to what we believe and you can't overcome the logic of their book called the koran.

The only way to reach a person is not by proving them Wrong but showing them the light and truth in the Love of Christ Jesus. I can't get folks saved by proving hell is real, even If I came back with video of it. The power of the Love of God through the Holy Spirit is what Draws people to hear. Without ears to hear, then we waste our time.

If you want to study added scriptures and not added the OT is pretty solid because the Jewish community kept it really well. The KJV version or Youngs Litteral translation do a pretty good job with it.

blessings.
I would agree with MichaelH, that one should look at the "heart" of the scripture, with the help of the Holy Spirit. I would disagree on the Trinity but I'm not going there.

I don't so much oppose the Trinity Creed. What I oppose is Modelist or Oneness positions. Trinity is that there are 3 that are 1 (Godhead) Oneness and Modelist say there is 1 that splits off into 3 different personalities. That position goes against the scripture I posted that is in question for 3 bare witness....... each has their own account and record, Each are not each other. Not 1 who pretends to be 3 with split personalities.

Blessings.

I am unsure of your question. If you are asking if there are seeming contradictions in the Bible, I would say that there are contradictions in all religious texts, because they are ALL based, first, on oral tradition. If you are asking about the Old Testament, I would refer you to the Jewish midrash and assundry apocrypha. The midrash, in particular, is commentary by jewish rabbis, thru time, to resolve their questions/contradictions. Mohammad, during His life, always prayed in the direction of Jerusalem - is it a contradiction that Islam prays to Mecca?
That is why it is important to understand, and be familiar with all of scripture - the context - to reach the true heart of what is meant. Scripture was never meant for ammunition to condemn, but to guide you to what is in your - meaning the individual - to find what is in your best interest for a good life here, but if not, a heavenly one after.
PS ;) you forgot the conflicting scripture of who slew Goliath.

Back