Dubstep: Is it acceptable?

I don't know about the praise and worship music in churches nowadays. They are either too focused on self or repeat the same line over and over again until you start thinking about something else. That's what goes on in my church.
Repeating the same lines over and over again is not necessarily bad, it can help you focus and meditate on one idea. The four living creatures in heaven don't rest day or night saying, "holy holy holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come". This is in Revelation 4:8.
Although, I do agree that praise and worship songs that focus too much on self are not good. After all it is God we are praising and worshipping, so the focus needs to be on Him.

Reactions: Juk
Yeah. Praise music in churches usually go against the command to not have vain babblings. They same the same thing around 20 times with some "emotional" music in the background and they must expect us not to stop focusing on the "worship". My mind always drifts in the worship segment of church service. And then there is the problem that the songs aren't really worshipping God. There are too many first person nouns and pronouns. Although this is not a clear indication, it is a very good one, at least to me.

Juk can I ask why everything every where seems to be wrong or not right ?
Can you expalin this that you saidc ( command to not have vain babblings.)
Just wondering Bro

Repeating the same lines over and over again is not necessarily bad, it can help you focus and meditate on one idea. The four living creatures in heaven don't rest day or night saying, "holy holy holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come". This is in Revelation 4:8.
Although, I do agree that praise and worship songs that focus too much on self are not good. After all it is God we are praising and worshipping, so the focus needs to be on Him.

So then if these songs that you feel are not quitye right are influenced by God in their writing then what ?

God is great is something that is worth saying repeatedly.
Now and again praise songs do repeat and can get a little repetitive I feel.
Just hold God in your mind and let Him guide.

My previous post turned a little advisory; sorry about that.
Listen to what you like brother as long as God is OK with it.

Back