what clothes we wear,
Rather
What’s going on inside me?
Does He want us to be a reverent stuffed shirt following tradition
Or a unique spirit
Unconfined, praising God?
Answers on a postcard please…
If you know the answer
That sounds like a nudist church gathering. Seems to be the latest journey in spirituality . I’ve even had a few invitations. Seems they take it quite literally

Hello brother Alan;

PJs? lol! I remember those. Whatever nightwear I'm wearing the first thing in the morning is my good morning prayer time with God.

Prim90, seriously? I have never heard of a nudist church gathering. I could see myself giving a sermon while everyone's got their attention elsewhere. 🫣 lol!

Hello brother Alan;

PJs? lol! I remember those. Whatever nightwear I'm wearing the first thing in the morning is my good morning prayer time with God.

Prim90, seriously? I have never heard of a nudist church gathering. I could see myself giving a sermon while everyone's got their attention elsewhere. 🫣 lol!
I don't think there's been a nudist church gathering since Adam and Eve ate the fruit.🙂

Hello brother Alan;

Bob and bible believer yes there be Christian nudist churches more so in America and also small Christian communities that practice such activities amongst themselves. Some of the Quakers did enjoy very much going back to colonial times. That be my conviction also nudity or naturism has it’s place the very reason I’ve never taken up the offer with nude church. People would be to busy looking at each other instead of listening to the sermon. As to naturism amongst the privacy of nature that is different it be a wonderful experience to be one with nature and naked before your God. Its almost as if you become one with creation and in complete harmony with the God. I do enjoy from time to time And yes it be like returning to the garden paradise before paradise was lost .

There are congregations where people 'come as they are', by which it is usually understood to mean casual dress.

But there is casual and there is very casual. I have heard of services held a nudist resorts, but never felt that was were the Lord would have me.

Some congregations make a point of wearing their best (Sunday Best!). They feel that they are honoring the Lord by coming into His worship service in a manner that shows respect.

When Moses received the commandments, God commanded that he remove his footwear to show respect for the Holy Ground.

I am retired, and even when I was working, I commonly went to work in 'business casual attire", but I had a suit or two when it was necessary. I still have one that fits, sort of. I keep it in reserve since I am aware that as I age, more and more of my companions will have funerals, and i wish to show proper respect. I most often attend church in what would be called business casual attire.

I believe that it matters little to the Lord what we wear as long as our heart is worshipful.

“I believe that it matters little to the Lord what we wear as long as our heart is worshipful.”

Totally agree!

But I still know of saints that judge your ‘spirituality’ by your ‘dress’
I even made the mistake of wearing cartoon socks once…

Reminds me of this song by 'Love Song'...

Little Country Church

by Chuck Girard

Album: Love Song

Little country church on the edge of town
Doo-do- do-dn-do-do-do
People comin' everyday from miles around
For meetin's and for Sunday school
And it¹s very plain to see
It¹s not the way it used to be

Preacher isn't talkin' 'bout religion no more
He just wants to praise the Lord
People aren't as stuffy as they were before
They just want to praise the Lord
It's not the way it used to be

They're talkin' 'bout revival and the need for love
That little church has come alive
Workin' with each other for the common good
Puttin' all the past aside
Long hair, short hair, some coats and ties
People finally comin' around

Lookin' past the hair and straight into the eyes
People finally comin' around
It's not the way it used to be

(sorry, my wrinkles are showing)

Bob and bible believer yes there be Christian nudist churches more so in America and also small Christian communities that practice such activities amongst themselves. Some of the Quakers did enjoy very much going back to colonial times. That be my conviction also nudity or naturism has it’s place the very reason I’ve never taken up the offer with nude church. People would be to busy looking at each other instead of listening to the sermon. As to naturism amongst the privacy of nature that is different it be a wonderful experience to be one with nature and naked before your God. Its almost as if you become one with creation and in complete harmony with the God. I do enjoy from time to time And yes it be like returning to the garden paradise before paradise was lost .
Mmmmmm! It’s surprising what others see when they read my poems To me it was a rant about people judging me for wearing shorts to church…

Hello Prim90;

Christian nudist churches would most likely use Scripture (Genesis 2:25, 3:7, etc...) to justify their nudity without a thought of the downfall.

Hey Alan, seems your poem aroused some responses. lol!

It's all good. God bless you, brother.

Mmmmmm! It’s surprising what others see when they read my poems
To me it was a rant about people judging me for wearing shorts to church…
for me i am not a fan of adults wearing shorts . personally i think slacks /jeans should be wore .this is my belief and yes i do practice that. if a person showed up in shorts i would not say anything. how ever i do not think women need wear shorts to Church it can create a distraction . i have seen some wear skirts that should had a good 12 inches or more at the bottom. a person wearing shorts would be welcome provided they was modest

Many scholars also believe that ancient baptisms were often performed on naked believers. I remember one rendering of an ancient historical description of a mass baptism that was explicitly described as being performed on naked persons (children first, then women and finally men).

I also note that the King James rendering of John 21:7 reads:

Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

However, NASB renders the same verse:

Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved *said to Peter, “It is the Lord.” So when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put his outer garment on (for he was stripped for work), and threw himself into the sea.

The NASB allows for a clout which may have been worn under his outer cloak.

Looking it up in an ESV interlinear which seems to support either rendering.

The saying "nakedness is often seen but never looked at" has been attributed to many cultures.
In ancient times, even simple clothes represented a considerable investment in time and effort, not to mention skill. It may have not been that unusual for the common person to not have any choice.

In modern western world, we may be much more concerned about such things.

Having said all that, Showing up in church improperly attired (whatever that means in that congregation) is unnecessarily cavalier.

Seems to be a case of...

Romans 14:1-2
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. [2] One person believes he may eat/wear anything, while the weak person eats/wears only suits. (or vice-versa)

Hello Prim90;

Christian nudist churches would most likely use Scripture (Genesis 2:25, 3:7, etc...) to justify their nudity without a thought of the downfall.

Hey Alan, seems your poem aroused some responses. lol!

It's all good. God bless you, brother.
Yes those verses do come to mind but they also believe under the new covenant we are now a new creation no longer under the law which to them reverts back to paradise along with lots Adams & Eves running around naked in a clothes free community or a clothes free world for some it would seem. 9E728FF2-298D-42CF-904A-10777E24B60B.jpeg There be a time and place for everything I guess. But one thing is certain full time nudism has never been culturally accepted to do anywhere you please. Even king David never danced nude publicly as is often claimed. 2nd Samuel 6 :14. Says otherwise He wore a linen ephod a priestly garment. So we must all evaluate our Christian liberty of where and what we do around others.

Last edited:
Mmmmmm! It’s surprising what others see when they read my poems
To me it was a rant about people judging me for wearing shorts to church…
Well Alan nothing like adding a bit of spice to the poem. People do look upon poems and view differently. And besides look at the replies you have received : ) Be happy

Many scholars also believe that ancient baptisms were often performed on naked believers. I remember one rendering of an ancient historical description of a mass baptism that was explicitly described as being performed on naked persons (children first, then women and finally men).
first i ever heard of this

Back