1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Dream interpretation

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Elizabeth Lambino, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Hi everyone. Usually when I ask God He answers me through dreams. Most of them are symbolic and I will figure out what the dreams means when an event happen to my life. And then I will realized yeah. This is what God means in my dream! I am not really bothered with this dream but I am curious if my fellow Christians have the same interpretation of this dream. I am aware that some dreams are not given by God and so I must hold on to His words than this dream.

My past situation was this. I broke up with my ex boyfriend. We broke up for about 3 months now. The reason is we didn't share the same faith in God. He believes in Christ but he didn't fully know him and he didn't live in Christ's world. In short I can say he belongs to the world. When I found out that he cheated on me I talked to him, said I was hurt but I prayed and I totally forgiven him. I told him I will blocked him on facebook so both of us can move on. And so I did blocked him on facebook. He sends me messages using new facebook account saying he was really sorry and He is now praying to Christ. He said he still believes that faith will bring us together and he is hoping that after 2-4 years we will meet again. I didn't replied to his message I just pray to Jesus for Him to open the eyes of my ex boyfriend for my ex boyfriend to see and know who really Jesus is. I prayed that God's will to my life will be done. And I surrendered everything to Him.
    After praying for many weeks I had a dream. This dream was actually last 2 month's dream but I can still remember it all:

I was inside an open white house (without doors) doing something I can see from inside 1 of my cousin and a guy that I cannot see his face. Outside this house is my ex-boyfriend standing and staring at me. I ignore his presence. Then he went away and didn't bother to enter the house. Then after awhile I saw him entering inside the house. He talks to me, we are in a conversation but I cannot hear any words and our mouths are sealed. But I knew that I said "I am ok, ignoring him and implying him to leave". Then my ex boyfriend was about to step out inside the house when suddenly a voice which resembles the voice of my mother speaks and tell my ex boyfriend like this "wait don't leave" then my ex boyfriend stopped and didn't leave. Then I woke up. That was my first dream.
    I had 2nd dream 2 weeks after that dream:

My ex boyfriend got inside a big white house I am not sure but I think it is two story house which is very wide in width I cannot comprehend how big it is. He is downstairs waiting for me. I am choosing dress for our date. I saw a watch 2-4 hours had passed but I am still preparing myself to choose what shoes I will wear. I can see a stock of shoes but I am torn between 2 sets of shoes. I am not sure what to wear. I thought my ex boyfriend left that's why I went down and check if he is still there. And I saw him he is still there waiting. He is smiling and I saw him wearing dress of a girl. (It is a white and very small flowy type of dress I don't know how he put it in because the dress is too small for him to wear) I smiled at him then I went up again to fix myself and finally decided what shoes to wear. At the end of my dream I saw our hands holding each other's hand in a smooth, white road. And then I woke up.

I didn't stressed myself about the dream and ask God what He means. At the back of my mind I know what He means. Then I prayed if this dream really came from You then give me a sign. Before I wake up the other day. I dreamed my ex boyfriend will send me a message in facebook. A day after that dreamed, my ex boyfriend sent me a message. God is really talking to me.
    What can you say?
  2. One thing most dreams are NOT from God. This guy could be sorry but this does not mean it is a sign to take him back.
    Spend time in prayer and in His word - Listen for His directions

Second this saying if it is you then give me a sign is something you DONT want to do.
    That is like a fleece prayer and that is not ever a wise choice. To put your trust in dreams is a poor way to make choices in Christ.

A few days or even weeks is NOT enough time for this guy to turn things around in His life and make them a lasting value or way of life. Nothing done out of fear ( fear of loosing you )
    will last or stay strong.

Seek God in this - Not dreams - Seperate your self from him and seek God and if it is of God he will be there when God is ready.
    God Bless
    Grant Melville, autumn oddity and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  3. That is what I am thinking. I still doesn't contact him at all. You are right. Thank you.
    Grant Melville and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  4. Its not that I want to be right lol - I just learned this the hard way and I do mean hard way.
    I got to do it my way and as a bonus for this I reveived 5 years of hell on earth.
    You dont forget things like this.
    Follow God , and in this I would not even trust my heart
    God Bless
    Cturtle likes this.
  5. Yeah. We all learned from our mistakes. Proverbs 3:12: For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
    I still blocked him at all means of communication. Sometimes when I think about him, I prayed and God will give me peace of mind. Thanks to God!
    Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  6. Elizabeth,
    Amen and very well put. Walking in Love and Forgiveness can be a hard thing for some but it is still a command from God for us and when we do it is very rewarding. It keeps us in check but it also allows God a place to step in and work and that is always going to be a good thing.
    Have a great weeek end..........obtw in case I missed it -Welcome to the CFS family
    God Bless
    Cturtle likes this.
  7. Thank you Jim! May God bless you more.
  8. He has and does every day of my life with friends and sisters and brothers such as you.
    Cturtle and Elizabeth Lambino say Amen and like this.
  9. Welcome Elizabeth! May the Lord of grace and peace bless you abundantly :)
  10. Thank you Cturtle!:)
    Cturtle likes this.
  11. I would say more about everything but i fully agree with Jim and know that God has used him to steer you in the right direction. So i will just pray for your peace :)

Elizabeth Lambino and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  12. Actually I disagree, God does use dreams quite a bit throughout the scriptures: Abram, Joseph, Solomon, Samuel, Daniel, Jesus' step father Joseph, the wise men, etc.... Here is why:

Job 33:14-18 KJV For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
    He uses dreams to get us to seek Him out because we don't listen to Him when we are awake. Our flesh wants to interpret dreams but it can only be done in the spirit.

I find that dreams about houses usually are about ourselves. First your ex was outside then inside, but it wasn't you who said stay when he was leaving, and then when he was there, he was not right in that he was clothed in a dress. He's not in love with you but with Jesus through you even though he doesn't know it. Forget all these worldly dating ideas and wait for God's man for you. I met my wife and three days later I asked her to marry me and she said yes. When it's right you will know if you walk with Jesus in your daily life, and he'll know too. Trying people on for size like shoes is wrong. You were torn between two sets of shoes, him or Jesus, Who's face you could not see.

I hope this helps. God bless.
    autumn oddity likes this.
  13. Thank you for your
    Thank you for your thoughts Abdicate. I also agree with you because God often talks to me in a dream often. For examples when I was a college student I joined a contest I ask God if I will make it to the end. I slept and then I dreamed of an old man who's face I cannot see, he entered inside our house and I gave him water and then without even uttering a word he implied to me that I will won that contest. Then I woke up. After 2 months I won the contest.
    Another dream was when I was applying for an international airlines I asked God if I will make it to the job. And then I dreamed of an aircraft I was inside and with some other girls. Then I woke up. After the dream I feel that I will make it, that I will be hired to that airlines but I didn't. I asked God why? I know I will because He told me to. Then I didn't lose hope. I applied again for another airlines and here I am working for a better airline.

I have different interpretation of my dream about my ex but for the moment I will just won't think about the dream just like what I did before in my previous dreams. One thing is for sure. God has a good plan for me and in everyone of us. I just need to be still and surrender everything to him. Let His will be done.
    autumn oddity likes this.
  14. Interesting you use examples of old before the new covenant for this. All I will say is be careful for to many folks put stock in dreams and desires and vissions as if it is God always.
    God Bless
  15. Act 2:17-21KJV And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Now show me where it says dreams are not for today. And as I said it takes the spirit to interpret not the flesh. I would not have said anything except you emphatically stated it was not from God and that God doesn't use dreams. Not that it may not be, but is not. You may believe that but you don't know that. I know for a fact God does use dreams. You're biased by your experience, grow from the experience and don't put God into a box. God bless brother.
  16. #16 Fish Catcher Jim, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Now you are once agaian saying i said something that I did not. I said NOT all dreams. I said far to many people put stock in dreams. This does not in any way shape or form say dreams are not for today.

Brother slow down a tad would you. You are quick to make claims and accusations of biased and experience and so forth. That is kind of uncalled for dont ya think ? ;
    God Bless you to brother
  17. My apologies brother. God bless.
  18. Abdeicate I think I owe you an apology for using your line but it was way too easy. lol
    ( the un-called for remark ) I hope you chuckled.....
    Abdicate likes this.
  19. I'm sorry I have a bit of a bone to pick... God does speak to some in dreams, its biblical.
    He spoke to Daniel,Joseph, even pilates wife in a dream....

I'm not saying all are from God.. but I think he does this because its easier to get our attention without scaring us.

However, I feel the symbolism in dreams would be obvious.

Anywho, I also believe you shouldn't put too much stock I dreams and I think you gave really sound advice.
  20. If your dreams come true like this...does that make you a prophet?