Doubting my faith

One thing for sure before God we each stand or fall on our own. God has only children and never grandchildren. To expect kids to be saved just because thier parents put them in a Christian school would make on an extreme optimist.

James 2:14-26 is a good thing to read
James talks about faith without deeds

we dont label pens because they look like pens. we label them as pens because they write in ink. there are many look alikes that will never do what a pen does. e.g. microphones, cameras, superspy grenades
you get the picture

look at what the person does then you can tell who they really are

i can say i have blonde hair but that cant change what color it is.

James 2:14-26 is a good thing to read
James talks about faith without deeds

we dont label pens because they look like pens. we label them as pens because they write in ink. there are many look alikes that will never do what a pen does. e.g. microphones, cameras, superspy grenades
you get the picture

look at what the person does then you can tell who they really are

i can say i have blonde hair but that cant change what color it is.

I agree.

Hospitality,
I guess your question is nearly completely answered already but here's just my view to add to those answers.
Being 16 is around the most dynamic period in anyone's life where one identifies himself with or without his peers and when your peers like to experiment on new things and take risks and you are left wondering if you are at the right place or what to do. I admit its easy to say " shine your light" during this time but unfortunately thats just the answer I'm afraid. Your friends do things that are not right according to your conscience and its hard to please them and still hold on to your faith but you must not give up, knowing that fellow believers elsewhere are going through similar difficulties. It is a reassuring to know that fellow believers around the world are also praying everyday for people like you. Try not to force your views upon them but concentrate on being yourself, showing love and kindness to them no matter how they treat you. Even if they treat you badly or say bad things let them be. Do not be afraid to lose friends in this way cos after all at the end of the day you'll feel at least you've done your part. Also, I think if you have to get them to change go one at a time. Winning just one soul is a huge blessing.

Back