Doing things by halves

Do you do this, or your friends do this?
I am finding it annoying. As Christians, shouldn't we do things by whole?

I know divorced children have to be content with just half time with each parent, I feel so sorry for them.

Unfortunately, with the unequal yoking going on, some children are forced to choose. Do I listen to the devil, or the angels?

Otherwise you'll end up conflicted and possibly in the nuthouse.

Matthew 6:22-24
“The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness! “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

Some context...but there's also that verse about being singleminded, not double-minded

However we have two eyes, not just one. So not sure how that works. Why did God give us two eyes and one mouth? Imagine if we had one eye and two mouths.
Also we are all a mix of our parents, a mother and father. I don't really know anyone who is an actual clone of their single parent, but asexual reproduction does happen in the plant kingdom.

Sometimes I think our reproductive system is fatally flawed, like why God do you make babies heads bigger than the holes they come out of, wouldn't it be a lot easier if humans laid eggs like birds, (and also had wings) but then what do I know, I did not design humans. I also would not mind having feathers and flying...but I guess I have to be content with walking on two legs, even though most people no longer really walk anywhere but trundle about in cars at 100km an hour and go up lifts.

I seem to know a lot of people who only have one eye as they are technically blind in one eye. It seems to have come from being squished at birth...again..why? King Solomon just said over two women squabbling over a baby that they should cut it in half.

I think it would be nice to have some input on this.

What are the consequences of cutting corners for example. I see that a lot in companies. It affects people surely.

Back