Doing The Right Thing In Love( even though it may hurt ) 😞

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
You know that feeling when you’ve done the right thing even though it hurts and your friends/ family don’t respond or give you the cold shoulder?

———————————

I don’t remember being a baby and learning to walk. But when you learn to walk by faith and not by sight and boldly act whilst risking your name can lead to some very uncomfortable feelings afterwards.

Sometimes as we boldly step out in faith, doubts either creep in and you fail miserably or they suddenly stop dead and off you go so to speak. And when people you care about ain’t there to give you feedback you think you need you can start to think…

What happened?
I walked all the way to the other side of the room on my own without stopping and falling and I did it correctly!

And instead of being critical about the way you walked like you normally would, you start to ask yourself:-

Will I loose my friends and family now because they may not approve of how I got there?
Did they think I was stomping to hard, in all the wrong places and damaging things?
Did they secretly meet up behind my back to conspire about getting me a new pair of shoes, ones that they think will fit me or suit me better?

Yes unfortunately sometimes stepping out boldly in faith can risk costing you your good name, or your friends and family for that matter but it’s a risk we have to take when The Lord sends us out into the world.

Amen and God Bless and thanks for reading ❤️

You know that feeling when you’ve done the right thing even though it hurts and your friends/ family don’t respond or give you the cold shoulder?

———————————

I don’t remember being a baby and learning to walk. But when you learn to walk by faith and not by sight and boldly act whilst risking your name can lead to some very uncomfortable feelings afterwards.

Sometimes as we boldly step out in faith, doubts either creep in and you fail miserably or they suddenly stop dead and off you go so to speak. And when people you care about ain’t there to give you feedback you think you need you can start to think…

What happened?
I walked all the way to the other side of the room on my own without stopping and falling and I did it correctly!

And instead of being critical about the way you walked like you normally would, you start to ask yourself:-

Will I loose my friends and family now because they may not approve of how I got there?
Did they think I was stomping to hard, in all the wrong places and damaging things?
Did they secretly meet up behind my back to conspire about getting me a new pair of shoes, ones that they think will fit me or suit me better?

Yes unfortunately sometimes stepping out boldly in faith can risk costing you your good name, or your friends and family for that matter but it’s a risk we have to take when The Lord sends us out into the world.

Amen and God Bless and thanks for reading ❤️
Absolutely. The Lord says they hated him before they hated us. Our commission is to spread the gospel and follow Him. It is very challenging but our crowns are waiting in eternity! King Jesus is only one we live for. ❤️

Back