Dogs in the Bible

I have not owned a dog ever but have dog sat for other people and generally dont like it. Also neighbours have had dogs, even some just keep them chained up in yard, its heartbreaking to see them like that. Just so nobody would burgle them, but nobody has ever burgled us and weve never had a dog.

If you own a dog, they require more from you than some children. And for the rest of its life, you need to care for it and take for walks. Some ppl think oh puppy cute, not realising they grow up into big huge animals. This may be ok if you live on your own and require companion, or a farm where dog can run free and maybe work for you. But just as a status symbol,pet? You better be taking really good care of it, lest it run wild and kill all your neighbours cats and chickens.

Funny S`tory about Dog`s - I would Never murder 1 - but My Great Grand`sister Purchase`d a Dog from the farm about 7 Year`s Ago. My Pappy i`mmediate`ly Took an liking 2 it - `n` so we Proclaim`d - Pappy `n` Puppy!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regarding whether animals have souls...

Genesis 2:6
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. [KJV]
Way back when... I read a book called The Spiritual Man by a Chinese Christian named Watchman Nee. One of his ideas was that the soul of man was formed when God breathed life into man. The breath of God being His Spirit, and the combination of that spirit and the body of man created the soul. He further held that animals only had a body and a spirit ( their spirit being of a different nature, not directly coming from God ).

I never came to a conclusion as to whether he was right, but I thought I would report it here.

Of course, even if true, it doesn't mean that there is no life after death for animals.
But I have difficulty linking animals to concepts such as resurrection of the dead. And again, that could be a limitation in me.

Thats weird cos God created animals as well. Much the same way as man, the only difference being they are not in his image.
I dont know if salvation is similar for animals as it is for man but i think it weird that God asked us to name them all and look after them, then not expect any afterlife with them. Even the egyptians thought theyd take their cats with them. He gave us plants for food, and animals for companions...originally it was paradise. How can ppl think that heaven wont be paradised regained? Or we just gonna live in a golden concrete jungle devoid of animal life? The new Jerusalem is only a small part of heaven. Its the city part...

Thats weird cos God created animals as well. Much the same way as man, the only difference being they are not in his image.
I dont know if salvation is similar for animals as it is for man but i think it weird that God asked us to name them all and look after them, then not expect any afterlife with them. Even the egyptians thought theyd take their cats with them. He gave us plants for food, and animals for companions...originally it was paradise. How can ppl think that heaven wont be paradised regained? Or we just gonna live in a golden concrete jungle devoid of animal life? The new Jerusalem is only a small part of heaven. Its the city part...

The idea isn't that there aren't animals in heaven, there is no denying that there will be animals in heaven. The discussion is between whether pets or the animals that die on earth will go to heaven.

Regardless of what is in heaven or not, it does not matter, because it will be perfect.

Maybe we will be way to busy being Christ's ambassadors to the nations and being sent on world-wide assignments to have time for pets. Dunno. I just know I would like to see my pets, but if not to be, then I'm sure I'll still be fulfilled and satisfied.

could be..I'm sure we all be satisfied in heaven. We don't know exactly who will be there hopefully all our friends and families and some of those include animal friends. I guess they won't be 'pets' as such like some people keep pets on earth in that we own them but animals that just follow us around. Besides we will all be changed, but I guess we keep our souls or personalities. So we may look completely different ie. better and younger! but recognisable I suppose.

Back