Does Satan Know Who Is Elect Before They Are Saved?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by porcupine73, May 24, 2014.

1. I was curious if Satan knows if a person is elect before that person is saved?

2. Maybe there is some spiritual activity around the elect that might give the enemy some idea? I know that often great men or woman of God have some interesting things that surround their birth and early years, almost as if their is an attempt to take them out before their calling can be manifest? But I don't see a whole lot of biblical evidence that could support a real solid biblical position on this issue?

3. #3 autumn oddity, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Yes, im pretty sure, thats why they get hit the hardest..before and after they're saved.

Paul killed christians..and was stoned,shipwrecked ect...

And when Jesus was a baby i think herod had all baby boys in the area- under 2- killed... that was satan inspired, so even when jesus was defensly satan tried to take Him out before His time.

The same happened to moses, the egyptians tried to kill all the baby boys and spared the girls,but moses' parents saw that God gave them an unusual child,so they hid him.

porcupine73 likes this.
  4. THIS! I agree.

Mitspa likes this.
  5. I believe---don't ask me how---that Satan knows nothing but has mere hunches about people when they are born based on the lives of the families they are born into---BUT, I firmly believe that God places markers on the lives of those who follow Christ that signify to the spirit realm the anointing that these people are walking in.

porcupine73 and Mitspa say Amen and like this.
  6. Does God know?

7. I would think yes, since God knows everything.
    I wasn't sure if Eph 1:4-5 refers to specific individuals, or does it mean as a group in general?

8. I don't think he really needs to know. Even if a person isn't a Christian, but is acting like a Christian, I think satan will attack. Even nonbelievers he is attacking. He is waging war against all man.

porcupine73 likes this.
  9. Yes. There is a discussion to be had on God knowing your title question, ONLY because He is omniscient. The devil is merely a creation that can never be omniscient.

As was said above, the devil can make educated guesses. That's it.

Euphemia and porcupine73 say Amen and like this.
  10. Very good, thank you all for the responses, it is very helpful.

11. If Satan knew he would not have had all the young children killed by the hand of Pharaoh, or the same during the birth of Jesus.
    Once they do come to Jesus he for sure knows who they are.

porcupine73 and Euphemia say Amen and like this.
  12. I think satan knows only what God has revealed.. I think he probably does not know how things would happen unless it is revealed by God.. So satan does not know who are elect.. That is why every time he sees a fruit bearing soul, there would be increase in spiritual warfare..

porcupine73 likes this.
  13. #13 ixoye_8, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    no ..
    only Jesus can open the book (and He can blot names out) ..
    not even angels know WHO WILL BE saved ..

Psa 69:28 May they be blotted out of the book of life, and may they not be recorded with the righteous.

TO THESE WHO BELIEVE ..
    Rev 3:4 ‘But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
    Rev 3:5 ‘He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

TO THE CHURCH OF ROME ..
    Rom 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

Mat 24:13 “But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

USE ONLY JESUS' WORDS and see if you can come up with a "saved" doctrine ..
    YOU CAN'T ..

only by a few of Paul's verses can you do that ..
    the rest of Paul's verses (and other Apostles) refute it ..

Hbr 3:6 but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house, whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.

Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,

14. Angels know who the beloved are...they are sent as ministering spirits to us!

Hebrews 1:14 (NLT)
    Therefore, angels are only servants—spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.

16. that's NOT what it says ..
    THE WHOLE THING IS ABOUT JESUS ..
    AND SO IS THE BELOW ..
    the verse says "they're NOT all ministering angels" (as Jesus is) ..

17. Jesus taught Nicodemus well about salvation in John 3. you must be born again---you must undergo a spiritual rebirth in order to be saved.

John 3:16-18 is the doctrine in a nutshell!
    For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
    18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.

18. False! You misinterpret scripture. Read it again. "ALL"!

Hebrews 1:14 (AMP)
    Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?

19. yes .. born again from sin .. to the spirit ..

Mat 19:17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

THOSE IN MATTHEW 25 WERE BELIEVERS .. BUT LORD LORD, WE DID THIS AND THAT IN YOUR NAME .. AND THEY GOT REJECTED BECAUSE THEY DID NOT KEEP JESUS COMMANDMENT TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER ..

AS TO JOHN .. FINISH IT AND QUIT CHERRY PICKING !!!

Jhn 3:36 “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

NOT HE WHO DOESN"T BELIEVE .. BECAUSE THOSE IN MAT 25 DID BELIEVE ..

20. I read Greek and Hebrew .. I can see what scripture says ..
    you only see what men botched up ..