1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Does Jesus Have A Sense Of Humor?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Flavio, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I believe He does, a great sense of humor! :)

Jesus is God and He has a divine origin but He is also a man and a great leader. It's not possible to be as charismatic as He is and not have a sense of humor.

Humor brings people together and eases tensions within a group. It's a great thing for a leader to have.

Vassula Ryden, the famous author of True Life in God and modern day prophet, told a funny story recently: She was very hungry and was about to prepare dinner and said 'I'm starving!' Jesus aledgedly replied: 'For my word?'

In Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, there's a wonderful sequence in which Jesus and His Mother do some carpentry work together: it's probably fictional but it's very amusing and shows Jesus' true character.

I've already told you how God blessed me at work this year and one of the women that helped me the most was called Susana Anjo, which literally means Angel.

Jesus loved the company of children, a bad-tempered man wouldn't do that.

Any thoughts on this?
  2. Very true!! Two example: the platypus and the chariot wheels of Pharaoh’s army! He took off their lug nuts! If that's not's not funny, I don't know what is!

Exodus 14:25 (KJV)
    And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.
    Leo_ACH and Flavio say Amen and like this.
  3. Humor is one of the biggest joys we have--it comes from God.

I wish I could remember this book my wife's brother read. It was written by a Jesuit who had commentary on lost humor found in the Scriptures.

Either Jesus, who is God, does have a sense of humor because humor is good and everything good comes from Him...or humor itself is a sin and therefore Christ did not have a sense of humor...and the latter is humorous.
    Flavio likes this.
  4. Slapstick. It's like a Herbie movie.
    Flavio likes this.
  5. Ocho!
    Flavio likes this.
  6. Moses Goes Bananas.
    Flavio and TH420X say Amen and like this.
  7. [emoji41]
    Flavio likes this.
  8. One of my favorite 20th century theologians is G. K. Chesterton. He was a genius, the author of a series called The Elusive Father Brown about a priest detective, a devout Christian, and I'd even say he was a humorist.

He famously said "Humor can get in under the door while seriousness is still fumbling at the handle."

God has always and will always have His ducks in a row. And how often do we look back and laugh at ourselves for not knowing God's truth even under the most tragic circumstances? It has allowed us to carry on, let go of grudges, and even love.

Jesus didn't only have a sense of humor, but through the Father, it was a gift to all of us--a great gift in fact.
    Flavio likes this.
  9. Absolutely! The sad thing is, all the paintings of Jesus shows a grim face. What we read in Bible is just the key events of Jesus life. There are so many things which Bible is silent about. For example, the amount of time He spent with disciples offline. That is in evenings. How He explained everything to them.

We read in Bible that children wanted to be with Jesus. Why would kids love Jesus? To whom does kids generally like to spend time with? Fun people isn't it? That is a clear indication of how much joy people would have had in spending time with Jesus.
    Flavio likes this.
  10. And Jesus grieves with us and rejoices with us.. So of course, He will also laugh with us :D
    Flavio likes this.
  11. Yes, I believe He has a sense humor.
    Flavio likes this.
  12. One thing that should help further the argument a bit....

When you go through the scriptures in their original languages.... They are FULL of plays on words that we lose in the translations.... Verses and verses and verses of HEAVY prophecy, rebuke, and reproach that are all these "Silly" word plays....

Also.. There are little acrostics and "Codes" of stuff that is concealed on purpose... Several verses contain very well known word puzzles that come up in the history of cryptology....

Then.. Last.. We should not forget that medical science has validated the need for "Fun" in life.... Lives are much shorter if there is no fun..... God created the natural laws and the way life works....

As an aside... Could you imagine the sort of practical jokes Jesus could play on people.... "Hey... Moses, why are you holding a snake?" ... "What Snake?.... AAAAHHHHHHH!!!"
    Flavio and Abdicate say Amen and like this.
  13. One of my favorites is contained in Daniel 5 -

Good old King Belshazzar was a party animal. He had been celebrating with a thousand of his 'closest' friends, and as he was enjoying another goblet of wine, he saw four fingers of a man's hand writing something on the wall near him... only 4 fingers - no arms or body, just 4 fingers. Daniel 5: 6 says, " 6 Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another."

Taking verse 6 back to the original Aramaic language, it means that the old King was so startled that he 'soiled his shorts'. You won't read that in most English bibles, but it is stated that way in the Aramaic scriptures. ;)
    Flavio, Ravindran and Abdicate says Amen and like this.
  14. lol. Really? Wow.
    Flavio likes this.