Does God love everyone equally?

"God doesn't send us to hell.. we do."

I've heard that line several times in my life but it does not do justice. It does not vindicate God's goodness. The truth is that we are NOT equal to God in power so ultimately we can't send ourselves to hell and no decision we could make is powerful enough to throw ourselves there. :)

the reason I believe phrases like that came into being is because people have trouble believing in a loving, gracious, and merciful God who would create people for hell. Not me, though.

I see mercy in the Cross.

"everyone in hell knows why they are there" - that is love.

as to the question, does God love everyone equally. The answer is ABSOLUTELY. the answers given here have been quite adept at revealing that and why.

God loves the sinner hates the sin. God loves the sinners as He casts them into hell. To believe that His love changes or is different for different people is not to fully understand what love is.

This is one of those questions I've never troubled my poor, feeble mind with. God loved me enough to send Jesus, who willingly went to the cross for me. I'm happy with that. If He chooses to love someone more than me, that's His perogative and I am content. If He loves all equally, I am still in my same contented state. No "Big Brother Syndrome" here. :D

Just a couple of thoughts, though, to add to the discussion:

Favor and Love aren't the same thing, so to favor someone doesn't necessarily indicate greater love.

We like to impose our values on God. "Oh, No, He couldn't possibly love one over another, that wouldn't be fair!" Well, yes He could. He is the final authority over what is and isn't "fair". All I know is, I got more than my fair share of His love, mercy, and grace. ;)

God Loves Us all equaly, who are his, Even if we go all "Monty Python," and "Lob" someones ear off, for whom Christ has to both fix the ear, and forgive us our faults. And it might sound funny, but I truly wonder how much "collateral damage" God has had to fix, because of the weakness of each of Us?????????????? Praise God, that He is so Wonderfull, and carries around and endless supply of band-aids, because of the stupid things we do to others!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glory be to God in the Highest!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow: :bible: :jesus-sign: :amen: :bow: :bible: :jesus-sign: :amen: :preach: :bow: :bible: :jesus-cross: :amen:

Oooops. My answer was about God loving all

believers equaly.:eek:

God "Extends" His Love Equaly I believe, but God

does so, even though He knows there are those

who will not respond.:(

I'd like to add to this by posing another question. When we talk about GOD favoring some more than others, as to say they have a more blessed life, in what way would you consider that? I personally think that a more blessed life would be the one with more troubles. I don't know but every time I've had hard times in my life I found myself on my face before Christ and I must say it's the best place to be. I always say it's the best place to be but the hardest place to stay because as we turn everything over to the Lord our lives become easier, and somehow we think then, that it's ok to get up off our knees. So while some may see losses and hardships and a curse, I think that just maybe they could be a blessing. Hope I don't offend anyone by saying that.

Those He showed favor to often had many trails and that favor usually had a specific purpose such as position in time of need , favor with royalty etc.

God loves us equally

Hi!

Yes God loves all humanity equally and weeps when we by our own free will move away from him.. John 3:16 "God so loved the "world" that he gave his only begotten son, so whoesoever believes on him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Note God so loved the "World" This means the entire human race. But to get eternal life God set a condition that we must believe in Jesus Christ his son.

God , however chooses certian special people because of their zeal and sets them apart for special service to Him and mankind.

Blessings and etrnal glory,

Alan

I still think God loves everybody equally.

When I think of "favor", I think that it's a fault in the eye of the beholder.

God gives everybody the equal time and attention that they need. Like my older sister, who is going through hard times now. She thinks that I don't have to work for anything, that it all flows right to my doorstep on a gold-plated platter.

What she doesn't see is that I work hard for the things that I get. She might come to visit me and see me watching my favorite movie on a bigscreen TV...but what she doesn't see is that that morning, God called me out of sleep and granted me the ability to rise up out of bed and get myself to work.

God hasn't forgotten her. He's blessing her, too. She might not be blessed in material things. She might be blessed in personality. She makes friends easily. She has no problem saying exactly what's on her mind (an ability I wish I sometimes had - nyuck-nyuck).

In the beholder--my sister--she doesn't see her own blessings. She's ungrateful for them. But that means that God has to work on her a little more than he did on me.

I don't mind him giving her a little extra attention wherever she needs it. He's given me the things that I need to work with; I turn around and thank Him for that and do my best with what He's given me.

The man in the gutter with a wine-bottle in his hand is being blessed just as much as the man with a large house on the hilltop.

It's what we do with our blessings, whether or not we even see them, and whether or not we're thankful for them that counts, I think.

I still think God loves everybody equally.

When I think of "favor", I think that it's a fault in the eye of the beholder.

God gives everybody the equal time and attention that they need. Like my older sister, who is going through hard times now. She thinks that I don't have to work for anything, that it all flows right to my doorstep on a gold-plated platter.

What she doesn't see is that I work hard for the things that I get. She might come to visit me and see me watching my favorite movie on a bigscreen TV...but what she doesn't see is that that morning, God called me out of sleep and granted me the ability to rise up out of bed and get myself to work.

God hasn't forgotten her. He's blessing her, too. She might not be blessed in material things. She might be blessed in personality. She makes friends easily. She has no problem saying exactly what's on her mind (an ability I wish I sometimes had - nyuck-nyuck).

In the beholder--my sister--she doesn't see her own blessings. She's ungrateful for them. But that means that God has to work on her a little more than he did on me.

I don't mind him giving her a little extra attention wherever she needs it. He's given me the things that I need to work with; I turn around and thank Him for that and do my best with what He's given me.

The man in the gutter with a wine-bottle in his hand is being blessed just as much as the man with a large house on the hilltop.

It's what we do with our blessings, whether or not we even see them, and whether or not we're thankful for them that counts, I think.

I like your answer!:)

in response to the "God doesn't send people to Hell, they themselves do" type of responses, well this answer just doesn't square with the plain text of Scripture. For instance:

Mat 25:41 ESV Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Daniel chapter 7 also shows the Ancient of Days, not sitting passively by, waiting for people to assign themselves to heaven or Hell, but rather is an active judge, assigning people's eternal destinies... it is God who writes person's names in the Book of Life, not the individuals themselves, unless that is, you can show me where you personally signed the Book yourself ;).

Also, if it was really people themselves who got to assign themselves to their eternity, it seems highly unlikely that many would say "I think I am going to go to Hell for eternity... I hear all sorts of really terrible things about it... remaining forever under God's wrath, it being a place of eternal torment and suffering and the like, but hey, I'm kinda into that stuff and I think Hell is really the place to be."!!!! No.... no one would send themselves to Hell, rather it is a wrathful God who sends people and the rebellious angels to this place of eternal torment because they rejected Christ Jesus. True, whether or not people believe in Jesus is the deciding factor as to where they will be for eternity, but in the end, it will be God who sends people to hell or heaven as the just Judge.

Isa 66:15-16 esv For behold, the Lord will come in fire, and his chariots like the whirlwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. (16) For by fire will the Lord enter into judgment, and by his sword, with all flesh; and those slain by the Lord shall be many.

Mat 13:40-42 esv Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. (41) The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, (42) and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Heb 12:23 esv and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

So just as, to use a human analogy, a criminal's unlawful actions are not what sends him or her to prison, rather it is the judge who hands down the sentence, so too is it for God, who deliberately, methodically and justly sends people to their final eternal destinations. People do not send themselves to prison, and people do not send themselves to hell.

blessings

Depending on your point of view this may be semantics. Does the criminal by choice condem himself or the judges verdict or both. One would be based of the other and so be a consequence of that action. I in most cases would put the blame on the offending party. The Romans had this same concept and thus the washing of the hands after sentencing.

We know the consequences of our actions. Nobody can really plead ignorance. You might not AGREE with the law, and you may not like it, but it's there.

Further to that, I think that if we truly love God, we won't want to sin. We have real-world examples of this. Would you steal from your parents? Would you kill them? Would you steal from your children?

Why not? Because you love them. So then, we need to love God. In the end, Christ gave us two commandments. Love God. Love everyone. (to put it simply). If we love God, and love everyone, then we won't commit sins against them. We don't NEED any other rules. But to break these commandments, shows that we don't love God, or that we don't love our neighbors.

How then, can a God of love, allow hatred to spread through Heaven? What choice does He have? Force us to love? How can you force someone to love? (IF you know, tell me now, it will make the rest of my life a LOT easier XD).

God , however chooses certain special people because of their zeal and sets them apart for special service to Him and mankind.

I don't agree. It is not because of anything we do or are, apart from what Christ has created and fashioned purposefully IN US, that he chooses to use any for 'special service' ..

It is never goodness in us that God responds to for those are but filthy rags. It is thru His goodness and power that we can accomplish anything of etrnal consequence.
Scipture plainly declares He hates some and those are alos accrding to His purpose.

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Basically He is saying heer that HE is God and He reserves the right to choose.

in response to the "God doesn't send people to Hell, they themselves do" type of responses, well this answer just doesn't square with the plain text of Scripture. For instance:

Mat 25:41 ESV Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Daniel chapter 7 also shows the Ancient of Days, not sitting passively by, waiting for people to assign themselves to heaven or Hell, but rather is an active judge, assigning people's eternal destinies... it is God who writes person's names in the Book of Life, not the individuals themselves, unless that is, you can show me where you personally signed the Book yourself ;).

Also, if it was really people themselves who got to assign themselves to their eternity, it seems highly unlikely that many would say "I think I am going to go to Hell for eternity... I hear all sorts of really terrible things about it... remaining forever under God's wrath, it being a place of eternal torment and suffering and the like, but hey, I'm kinda into that stuff and I think Hell is really the place to be."!!!! No.... no one would send themselves to Hell, rather it is a wrathful God who sends people and the rebellious angels to this place of eternal torment because they rejected Christ Jesus. True, whether or not people believe in Jesus is the deciding factor as to where they will be for eternity, but in the end, it will be God who sends people to hell or heaven as the just Judge.

Isa 66:15-16 esv For behold, the Lord will come in fire, and his chariots like the whirlwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. (16) For by fire will the Lord enter into judgment, and by his sword, with all flesh; and those slain by the Lord shall be many.

Mat 13:40-42 esv Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. (41) The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, (42) and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Heb 12:23 esv and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

So just as, to use a human analogy, a criminal's unlawful actions are not what sends him or her to prison, rather it is the judge who hands down the sentence, so too is it for God, who deliberately, methodically and justly sends people to their final eternal destinations. People do not send themselves to prison, and people do not send themselves to hell.

blessings

I especially think the following scriptures ought to be kept in mind:

"And if ANY man, hear my words, and believes not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but TO SAVE THE WORLD."

God only gives people what they WISH to have: "He that rejects Me, and receives not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last days." John 12:47, 48.

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:17, 18.

Yes, Christ makes the judgment, but only because they judge themselves not to believe. "I judge not mine own self." 1 Cor. 4:3. It's a dreadful thing to judge oneself. Why should we? if Christ does not? It is true that God will utterly destroy those who do not believe, but only because they strangely wish it. God simply allows their decision to come to fruition. A paradox, if you will. Just some thoughts.

John

God want all to be saved

Yes, God does love all peoples on earth, but His love for the lost will not do them or Him, any good. His love for this groop is heart breaking, but because of their freewill, not to believe and be saved--believe means to be obedient to Christ's commands--He can do nothing about it.

Then there are His personal children; those who believe and live as He requires. These are the apple of His eye. His love for them gives everyone in heaven great and continual joy.

To learn more explanations of sections in the New Testament which may be difficult to understand, click onto www.exposing-pseudo-christianity.org

God loves everybody, I'm sure.

It's men who pick and choose. Even me...I have to learn how to get over that with prayer and meditation, because as Christian as I seem, I still find myself searching for reasons to elevate some; and thinking lesser of others.:(

I hope I can eventually learn and God will forgive me for that.:eek:

Back