Does God choose to limit Himself?

Are you thinking that when Paul used the phrase 'mind of Christ'. he meant 'mind of God'? Are they to be understood as the same thing?
The mind of Christ in action:
Luk 22:42. saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done."
Joh 8:28. So Jesus said to them, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me.
Joh 5:30. "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.
When we run around 'half cocked' doing in our own prideful strength, do we have the mind of Christ?
Instead of our own prideful ways, we ought rather to strive in this vane;
Eph 4:11. And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Eph 4:12. to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph 4:13. until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
This I think would be the path to attaining to the mind of Christ.
That sheds perfect light on the subject. Mind of Christ is not mind of God. The mind of Christ is in submission to God.

I understand what you are saying but I have to disagree. We will not be humans for eternity.

King....a verse just came to my mind that speaks to your comment.

Philippians 3:21..........
"Who shall CHANGE our vile bodies that it may be fashioned like unto HIS GLORIOUS BODY, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself".

Then in 1 John 3:2......
"Beloved, now are we Sons of God and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that when He shall appear, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM, for we shall see Him as He is".

We will have at the Rapture, a glorified body just like the one Jesus had after His resurrection. We will not be angles nor will we remain human, but we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye into an incorruptable body!!!!
I agree that we receive glorified / incorruptable bodies. But why can't we still be the ''human race'. The human race that is considered as / grafted in to be children of God. My argument stems for us being created just beneath the angels. We were created mind, body and spirit. We were created as eternal beings from the beginning.

Last edited:
That sheds perfect light on the subject. Mind of Christ is not mind of God. The mind of Christ is in submission to God.
You are greatly mistaken! Christ is God. Jesus had two minds, his physical mind that "grew" in Wisdom, and his spiritual mind which knew ALL things. When Jesus said, "I can of my own self do nothing.." Jesus was speaking from his human nature, which included his physical mind. When Jesus said, "I and my father are one..." he was speaking from his divine nature which included his spiritual mind. Jesus is the name of the physical man, and Christ was God in Jesus. He was a God / man. We do not have the mind of Jesus, we have the mind of Christ who is God!!!! Christ is not Jesus's last name, it is his title.

I agree that we receive glorified / incorruptable bodies. But why can't we still be the ''human race'. The human race that is considered as / grafted in to be children of God. My argument stems for us being created just beneath the angels. We were created mind, body and spirit. We were created as eternal beings from the beginning.

I guess the question would be......When the believer inherits a "glorified" body does he still remain a human being?

Since there will be humans who live through the Tribulation and go into the 1000 year rule of Christ on earth and they will marry and produce children, it seems to me that the glorified believers would be in a separate classification. I have honestly not given this any thought at all so it is really a new idea to me King.

It might help us to consider that even though man was created a little below the angels, man will judge the angels.

1 Corth. 6:3.......
"Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"

Then as I was considering this, I thought of:
1 Corth 15:50........
"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

Does then the glorification process which the believer goes through remove flesh and blood??? It seems to me that is the case.
Does that then make the glorified person something more than a human being??????

This is way above my pay scale brother!

You are greatly mistaken! Christ is God. Jesus had two minds, his physical mind that "grew" in Wisdom, and his spiritual mind which knew ALL things. When Jesus said, "I can of my own self do nothing.." Jesus was speaking from his human nature, which included his physical mind. When Jesus said, "I and my father are one..." he was speaking from his divine nature which included his spiritual mind. Jesus is the name of the physical man, and Christ was God in Jesus. He was a God / man. We do not have the mind of Jesus, we have the mind of Christ who is God!!!! Christ is not Jesus's last name, it is his title.

I am not suggesting Jesus is not God. Do you believe we will grasp all God does when we receive glorified bodies?

I guess the question would be......When the believer inherits a "glorified" body does he still remain a human being?
Ask the question another way. Will angels refer to us as gods, fellow angels, monkeys or humans that can now sit with God and have tea?
Since there will be humans who live through the Tribulation and go into the 1000 year rule of Christ on earth and they will marry and produce children, it seems to me that the glorified believers would be in a separate classification. I have honestly not given this any thought at all so it is really a new idea to me King.
Look at how CCW rebuked me for the believing I had referred to Christ as not being God :). Jesus in the flesh or spirit = God, amen! Likewise us in the flesh or spirit = human.
It might help us to consider that even though man was created a little below the angels, man will judge the angels.
"Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"
This speaks to me of a God given title. Nothing to do with being a greater or lessor creation.
Then as I was considering this, I thought of:
1 Corth 15:50........"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." Does then the glorification process which the believer goes through remove flesh and blood??? It seems to me that is the case. Does that then make the glorified person something more than a human being??????
This verse speaks to me of our Savior needing to be God. To inherit the kingdom we need to be sons of God. Humans are grafted in. Bodies washed clean of sins = glorified bodies.

I am not suggesting Jesus is not God. Do you believe we will grasp all God does when we receive glorified bodies?
I would say since God now lives in us, we all have the "potential" to know what he knows a little at a time

I would say since God now lives in us, we all have the "potential" to know what he knows a little at a time
Yes, the evidence points in the direction of God being an open book and extremely humble. He would not hide any truth from us that we would want to know. But will a human ever know all God knows, no. Therefore the 'mind of Christ' is a figure of speech.

Yes, the evidence points in the direction of God being an open book and extremely humble. He would not hide any truth from us that we would want to know. But will a human ever know all God knows, no. Therefore the 'mind of Christ' is a figure of speech.
Lets just say, the only limitation God puts on man is mans desire to know. We are the only limit that stops us from knowing all there is about God. As this scripture says we can know the height, depth length, and breath, of the love of God that is beyond mere human knowledge that we might be filled all the fullness of God. This is what the Apostle Paul for the Church......

Eph 3:14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
Eph 3:15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
Eph 3:16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
Eph 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
Eph 3:19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

I believe it is you who are 'greatly mistaken.'
You say firstly, "Christ is God" you then go on to say, "Christ is not Jesus's last name, it is his title"
Christ which means more or less 'anointed of God' is indeed Jesus' title or commission and not His surname.
So the phrase 'Jesus Christ' is maybe better stated as 'Jesus as the Christ of God', but that is a bit long winded.
Now I do not think that God, (the Father) is just a title (Christ). Surely you can see that 'God' the Father is more, ever so much more than just a title?
So now the 'mind of Christ' must be more correctly understood as 'the mind of the anointed one of God', not the 'mind of God' (the Father).
Now please consider anew (without the use of bold text) ,
1Cor 2:16. "For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
IMO the translation of the conjunction 'δέ' as 'but' is misleading when taken in isolation as are so many things in the Scriptures.
v16 comes at the ending, not the beginning of what Paul is saying on the matter.
Now look at some of those things Paul is saying leading up v16...
1Cor 2:11. For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
How is it that we have the audacity to say we have the mind of God? The Spirit of God comprehends the thoughts (the mind) of God not us.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
Having received the Spirit who is from God, we are supposed to understand those things freely given us by God, but we are limited to those things that are freely given to us; not the the whole mind of God.
So, having the mind of Christ, the mind of a servant.................
Php 2:4. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Php 2:5. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6. who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7. but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Having 'the mind of Christ' has nothing whatsoever to do with having the mind of God.

But if you are determined to believe that the mind of the anointed of God the Father is the same as the mind of God the Father, then there is really nothing more I or anyone else can say.

You say firstly, "Christ is God" you then go on to say, "Christ is not Jesus's last name, it is his title"
Christ which means more or less 'anointed of God' is indeed Jesus' title or commission and not His surname.
So the phrase 'Jesus Christ' is maybe better stated as 'Jesus as the Christ of God', but that is a bit long winded.
Now I do not think that God, (the Father) is just a title (Christ). Surely you can see that 'God' the Father is more, ever so much more than just a title?
So now the 'mind of Christ' must be more correctly understood as 'the mind of the anointed one of God', not the 'mind of God' (the Father).
1Cor 2:16. "For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
IMO the translation of the conjunction 'δέ' as 'but' is misleading when taken in isolation as are so many things in the Scriptures.
v16 comes at the ending, not the beginning of what Paul is saying on the matter.
1Cor 2:11. For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
How is it that we have the audacity to say we have the mind of God? The Spirit of God comprehends the thoughts (the mind) of God not us.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
Having received the Spirit who is from God, we are supposed to understand those things freely given us by God, but we are limited to those things that are freely given to us; not the the whole mind of God.
Php 2:4. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Php 2:6. who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7. but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Having 'the mind of Christ' has nothing whatsoever to do with having the mind of God.

But if you are determined to believe that the mind of the anointed of God the Father is the same as the mind of God the Father, then there is really nothing more I or anyone else can say.
Hey Calvin.. How about this verse? I already posted this once.. Now I am duplicating my post itself :D
It is through Holy Spirit, that we can have mind of Christ.. Rest of the verses in the same chapter makes this point very clear.. Through Holy Spirit, we can have the same thoughts as God does.. That is what I would say having mind of Christ would be.. Because Christ did nothing outside of Father's will.

1 Corinthians 2:10-12 But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

How do you see this taking place exactly?
How can we sit at a bench, gavel in hand and adjudicate over the conduct of beings who pre exist us?
Do you think that Paul had it in mind that it is our conduct that needs to be straightened out?
It is to be our faith in Christ...our faithfulness to Christ that will be the judgment criteria for the judging of this world.
Can it be that our conduct as Christians, our faithfulness to Christ that will also be the judgment criteria for the judging of angels?
Just my thoughts.

Hey Calvin.. How about this verse? I already posted this once.. Now I am duplicating my post itself :D
It is through Holy Spirit, that we can have mind of Christ.. Rest of the verses in the same chapter makes this point very clear.. Through Holy Spirit, we can have the same thoughts as God does.. That is what I would say having mind of Christ would be.. Because Christ did nothing outside of Father's will.

1 Corinthians 2:10-12 But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.
Yep. sometimes things need to be repeated a few times before they sink in:)

Can a person have just a "slice" of God in them? Either you have Christ in you who is God or you don't. The "spiritual" man judges ALL things, but he is judged by no man. How can the "spiritual" man judge ALL things? I thought only God judges all things! It is only God who judges all things, and this why the "spiritual" man can judge ALL things because we have the mind of Christ, who is God.
Why do think the Holy Spirit was given to the Church, is so we the Church can understand God ways, and know his thoughts.

1Co 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.
1Co 2:16 "For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

1Co 6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?
1Co 6:3
Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!

This would be impossible without the mind of Christ who is God!!!

Last edited:

1Co 2:9.. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10.. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. :)

Last edited:
CCW95A...y'know, I think when you use bold text as you do, you might be inadvertantly blinding yourself in the process.
Let's look at just one of your posted lines...
1 Co 2:15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.
Now it seems to me that what Paul has in mind is absolutely not what you are trying to force.
Please pay attention now to that part of the verse that you left unbolded...intentionally so?.
'but is himself to be judged by no one.' Now we know that we we will be judged in point of fact,
2Cor5:10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
I suggest that your entire thesis is wrong, being based as it seems on a potpourri of Scripture.
I shall not reply to any more of your posts on this matter, not in the sense of ignoring you, but because I perceive that you are becoming a bit heated and I don't want you to attract the attention of staff, nor do I want to see this thread closed.
Please just pray about these matters and reflect on the things that have been discussed by us all.

Last edited:
CCW95A...y'know, I think when you use bold text as you do, you might be inadvertantly blinding yourself in the process.
Let's look at just one of your posted lines...

Now it seems to me that what Paul has in mind is absolutely not what you are trying to force.
Please pay attention now to that part of the verse that you left unbolded...intentionally so?.
'but is himself to be judged by no one.' Now we know that we we will be judged in point of fact,
2Cor5:10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
I suggest that your entire thesis is wrong, being based as it seems on a potpourri of Scripture.
I shall not reply to any more of your posts on this matter, not in the sense of ignoring you, but because I perceive that you are becoming a bit heated and I don't want you to attract the attention of staff, nor do I want to see this thread closed.
Please just pray about these matters and reflect on the things that have been discussed.
The judgement seat of Christ is for receiving rewards, and only Christians will be there, It is not for condemnation of sins as they have already been taken of.
The word for "judged" in this scripture means to " discern ". What does that mean? It means the natural, sensual man can understand the spiritual man.
Maybe this might help you see what it is talking about.......

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (judged of no man is the natural man, not Jesus)
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Last edited:
The judgement seat of Christ is for receiving rewards, and only Christians will be there, It is not for condemnation of sins as they have already been taken of.
The word for "judged" in this scripture means to " discern ". What does that mean? It means the natural, sensual man can understand the spiritual man.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (judged of no man is the natural man, not Jesus)
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Sorry I missed out a very important word here. It is the natural man that does NOT understand the spiritual man!.

The word for "judged" in this scripture means to " discern ". What does that mean? It means the natural, sensual man can not understand the spiritual man.

1 Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (judged of no man is the natural man, not Jesus)
1 Co 2:16 or who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Last edited: 16 minutes ago

How do you see this taking place exactly?
How can we sit at a bench, gavel in hand and adjudicate over the conduct of beings who pre exist us?
Do you think that Paul had it in mind that it is our conduct that needs to be straightened out?
It is to be our faith in Christ...our faithfulness to Christ that will be the judgment criteria for the judging of this world.
Can it be that our conduct as Christians, our faithfulness to Christ that will also be the judgment criteria for the judging of angels?
Just my thoughts.

I have no idea calvin.

It does seem that Paul has making a contrasting statement. "The saints will judge the world" compare to Daniel 7:22,
Matt. 19:28 & Rev. 2:26 in that if that is the case, "Are ye worthy to judge the smallest matters".

"We shall judge angels than speaks to Is. 24:21. 2 Peter 2:4 & Jude 6 and it may be referring to fallen angels.

Then again, may be Paul was just being sarcastic????

Back