Doctrinal Salvation

My interpretation? God speaks. He interprets. I listen.
And therein lies the issue. Every single Christian says that and they have different conclusions. Not everyone can be right, so obviously God isn't telling each of us different things are correct.

And therein lies the issue. Every single Christian says that and they have different conclusions. Not everyone can be right, so obviously God isn't telling each of us different things are correct.

Not for me. I don't encounter other Christians who are Spirit-filled and Spirit-led who differ.

I don't know. Why don't you tell me what it says? I really would like to hear this.

Perhaps you can do a study yourself on the comparison between the LDS and Christianity. There are many stark and alarming differences.

And of course, everything you read on the web is the absolute truth.

Well you can take it as you wish. all things need to be scrutinized, and held against the scriptures. You can certainly go and find a website that belongs to the LDS and take all their tenets and then match them up point by point against the word of God.

You totally dodged the question about Baptists. Would you answer it?

Why? My point was that YOU said that a Mormon seems no different than a Baptist. What does that say about the Baptists? Not much, I reckon. You may not know much about either.

Why? My point was that YOU said that a Mormon seems no different than a Baptist. What does that say about the Baptists? Not much, I reckon. You may not know much about either.

I never understood or agreed with what Paul said about women but I think I just had an epiphany.

I never understood or agreed with what Paul said about women but I think I just had an epiphany.

I had mine years ago. It's a sad thing that you feel you must denigrate on the basis of gender when confronted with the insufficiency of your own beliefs. I mean, how on earth can a group like the LDS and what they believe have anything in common with any born again Christian?

We have to do our homework!

2 Timothy 2:15 (GW)
Do your best to present yourself to God as a tried-and-true worker who isn’t ashamed to teach the word of truth correctly.

I had mine years ago. It's a sad thing that you feel you must denigrate on the basis of gender when confronted with the insufficiency of your own beliefs. I mean, how on earth can a group like the LDS and what they believe have anything in common with any born again Christian?

We have to do our homework!

2 Timothy 2:15 (GW)
Do your best to present yourself to God as a tried-and-true worker who isn’t ashamed to teach the word of truth correctly.
You don't even know what Mormons believe. You got your info from a site about cults, which is kind of like listening to your pastor instead of reading the Bible for yourself.

You don't even know what Mormons believe. You got your info from a site about cults, which is kind of like listening to your pastor instead of reading the Bible for yourself.

Of course I know what Mormons believe. I bother to find out these things. I'm not just talking out of my hat, dear. I don't learn from websites.

How would you know what Mormons believe, then? Have you studied with them? How do you reckon that the information I have posted is wrong? Is it just a gut feeling, then? How reliable is that? I would suggest that you do not know what Mormons actually teach, but rather base your acceptance of them on their personal demeanour. They are nice people seeking salvation themselves. Those who come to you as missionaries and Mormon representatives are doing what they have to do in their religion. They have to present themselves in a certain way.

See how you misapply judging?

Last edited:
To begin, I love the Mormon people. They have always been extremely friendly, caring, and I have no doubt their love stems directly from God. Growing up, I remember we had neighbors who had just moved from Salt Lake City. They were lovely people -- immediately invited my family over and we all became great friends. Their daughters were best friends with my sisters.

Despite all these things, what they believe does go against Christian doctrine. Their believe in Christ's origin, in Christ Himself, and even reaching a god-status does go against the gospel.

I'm no expert, I'm really not, so I can only critique the minimum. But even the minimum has disrupted Christianity.

As much as I love the Mormons, I really do, they aren't of Christianity.

Of course I know what Mormons believe. I bother to find out these things. I'm not just talking out of my hat, dear. I don't learn from websites.

See how you misapply judging?

Well, I asked about a statement of faith on the LDS website and you didn't know and the only website you've quoted is the cult website. How did you find out about Mormon beliefs?
To begin, I love the Mormon people. They have always been extremely friendly, caring, and I have no doubt their love stems directly from God. Growing up, I remember we had neighbors who had just moved from Salt Lake City. They were lovely people -- immediately invited my family over and we all became great friends. Their daughters were best friends with my sisters.

Despite all these things, what they believe does go against Christian doctrine. Their believe in Christ's origin, in Christ Himself, and even reaching a god-status does go against the gospel.

As much as I love the Mormons, I really do, they aren't of Christianity.

I'd say I agree with their doctrine being against the Bible. However, I don't think that means that they don't have the Holy Spirit and I don't think it's intentional. They also have a very high view of the Bible even though their interpretation is so different than ours. When I had the missionaries at my home they rarely even pulled out the Book of Mormon. They pulled a verse for every question I asked and I can definitely see where they get some of their beliefs.

Well, I asked about a statement of faith on the LDS website and you didn't know and the only website you've quoted is the cult website. How did you find out about Mormon beliefs?

Why would I care about their statement of faith, here? You can find it yourself. When was younger than yourself, I made it a point to learn about Mormonism because the town I was living in was having a Mormon congregation move in and were building a temple. They cam around to our house and I took their books and looked at them. I could tell instantly that their book was written by a man, what with the grammatical errors and all. Since then I have made it a point to know the truth about such groups. It doesn't take much study to determine their error if you are grounded in the word of God.

I'd say I agree with their doctrine being against the Bible. However, I don't think that means that they don't have the Holy Spirit and I don't think it's intentional. They also have a very high view of the Bible even though their interpretation is so different than ours. When I had the missionaries at my home they rarely even pulled out the Book of Mormon. They pulled a verse for every question I asked and I can definitely see where they get some of their beliefs.

Holy Spirit isn't going to come around people who worship a facsimile of Jesus. I am glad that you see they have a high esteem of the bible, but they don't understand it because they have been blinded by the enemy. If they did, they would be convinced of their own error.

They need rescuing! Ask God to show you how to help that happen in the lives of those you meet. They need the Lord!

Why would I care about their statement of faith, here? You can find it yourself. When was younger than yourself, I made it a point to learn about Mormonism because the town I was living in was having a Mormon congregation move in and were building a temple. They cam around to our house and I took their books and looked at them. I could tell instantly that their book was written by a man, what with the grammatical errors and all. Since then I have made it a point to know the truth about such groups. It doesn't take much study to determine their error if you are grounded in the word of God.

Holy Spirit isn't going to come around people who worship a facsimile of Jesus. I am glad that you see they have a high esteem of the bible, but they don't understand it because they have been blinded by the enemy. If they did, they would be convinced of their own error.

They need rescuing! Ask God to show you how to help that happen in the lives of those you meet. They need the Lord!
Maybe it's just me, but I feel the need to actually study other religions and understand them rather than dismissing them because they are false.

We are all blinded by sin. You see the Bible through your sinful eyes the same way I see mine and Mormons see theirs.

I don't believe Mormon teachings are in any way correct, but I also can't say they don't have salvation because of it.

No one, I repeat, NO ONE can see into another person's heart! Only God can!!

It is NOT our place to judge. Yes, their doctrine disagrees with ours, but if a member of the LDS church (or ANY church for that matter) believes on Jesus as Savior God will save them. Only God knows. And God will save whomever He pleases.

No one, I repeat, NO ONE can see into another person's heart! Only God can!!

It is NOT our place to judge. Yes, their doctrine disagrees with ours, but if a member of the LDS church (or ANY church for that matter) believes on Jesus as Savior God will save them. Only God knows. And God will save whomever He pleases.
I agree. I just don't see how we can say that they are not saved because they disagree with us. I don't think we have the right to say that.

Back