Doctrinal Salvation

I had some Mormon missionaries come to my home a few times and they seemed biblical enough. I don't believe we get to heaven based on our beliefs about the Bible but rather our beliefs about our Savior. I'm not saying that other stuff isn't important but that other stuff isn't what determines our salvation.

I haven't met very many Catholic people in person but I have watched many YouTube videos where they talk about their beliefs. They seem like genuine Christians to me. They are definitely not the same as Protestant but that doesn't mean they aren't saved.

I've met quite a few Mormons and they are some of the nicest people I've met. They're always willing to help you with anything and I can honestly sense the Spirit in the before they even mention they are Mormon.

We are supposed to know Christians by their fruit, right? I'd say both Mormons and Catholics have good, if not better fruit than most Protestants. When I was working at the police department you couldn't throw a stick without hitting a "Christian" so why is it that the Mormon was the only one I could sense was a fellow believer?

I don't know who is saved and who is not. God is the judge of that. But from my own experiences, I just can't see how a person who believes Christ is their Savior can go to hell regardless of their other views.

The Jesus that Mormons preach is not the Jesus we know.

Some differences between LDS and Christianity:

Biblical Christ: Eternally God
Mormon Christ: Not always God, became a god

Biblical Christ: Only God
Mormon Christ: One of many gods

Biblical Christ: Creator of all things
Mormon Christ: Was created; spirit brother of Lucifer

Biblical Christ: Begotten miraculously, of the Holy Spirit
Mormon Christ: Begotten sexually, by God the Father

Biblical Christ: Not married
Mormon Christ: Married with children

Biblical Christ: Atoned for sin by death on the cross
Mormon Christ: Atoned by sweating blood in Gethsemane

Biblical Christ: Justifies the ungodly
Mormon Christ: Requires godliness before justification

Biblical Christ: Offers full salvation unconditionally
Mormon Christ: Offers full Salvation only on conditions

The Jesus that Mormons preach is not the Jesus we know.

Some differences between LDS and Christianity:

Biblical Christ: Eternally God
Mormon Christ: Not always God, became a god

Biblical Christ: Only God
Mormon Christ: One of many gods

Biblical Christ: Creator of all things
Mormon Christ: Was created; spirit brother of Lucifer

Biblical Christ: Begotten miraculously, of the Holy Spirit
Mormon Christ: Begotten sexually, by God the Father

Biblical Christ: Not married
Mormon Christ: Married with children

Biblical Christ: Atoned for sin by death on the cross
Mormon Christ: Atoned by sweating blood in Gethsemane

Biblical Christ: Justifies the ungodly
Mormon Christ: Requires godliness before justification

Biblical Christ: Offers full salvation unconditionally
Mormon Christ: Offers full Salvation only on conditions

What's your point?

What's your point?

It is to help those here see that what they think is Christ in a Mormon is only just a nice guy dressed in a shirt and tie who is working hard to gain more numbers for his cult.

We are to be vigilant. They talk about Jesus, but it is another Jesus.

Last edited:
It is to help those here see that what they think is Christ in a Mormon is only just a nice guy dressed in a shirt and tie who wants to gain more numbers for his cult.

So you think they are not saved?

I think that saying that they are just come cult out to recruit members is judgmental anyway, though. I want others to believe in Christ because I believe that is the correct belief. Mormons and Catholics are probably the same way. Why would you not try to convert someone to your beliefs if you feel it is true?

So you think they are not saved?

I think that saying that they are just come cult out to recruit members is judgmental anyway, though. I want others to believe in Christ because I believe that is the correct belief. Mormons and Catholics are probably the same way.

If their faith is that distorted that the Jesus they extol is not the Jesus declared in scripture, then they still are in need of a Saviour.

Why would you not try to convert someone to your beliefs if you feel it is true?

It is one thing to feel that you have the truth and quite another to know the truth.

It is one thing to feel that you have the truth and to know the truth.

And they feel they have the truth as well. You're saying that only your beliefs are correct? What about the topics we disagree on? Are you always going to be right because you have the truth?

If their faith is that distorted that the Jesus they extol is not the Jesus declared in scripture, then they still are in need of a Saviour.
Jesus reveals himself to all that open their hearts up to him. Just because they have false doctrine doesn't mean they can't have the one and only Jesus in their heart.

It is our responsibility to tactfully and respectfully show them the false doctrine.

Jesus reveals himself to all that open their hearts up to him. Just because they have false doctrine doesn't mean they can't have the one and only Jesus in their heart.

It is our responsibility to tactfully and respectfully show them the false doctrine.

Absolutely. These people have been misled, but they are not outside of the reach of God. However, the Jesus they believe in doesn't exist. They need to have a revelation of Jesus Christ, the true Jesus.

Yes.

Don't you have the truth in the word of God also?
I don't feel like that's a good question. I believe what I feel is the truth and that is Christianity. But Christians disagree on many things. How can you say that what you feel is the truth is superior to what everyone else believes? Everyone thinks their beliefs are the truth, that's why we believe them.

I admit I could be wrong in some of my beliefs. Just because I have the Holy Spirit in me doesn't mean I am automatically right in all my beliefs.

I don't feel like that's a good question. I believe what I feel is the truth and that is Christianity. But Christians disagree on many things. How can you say that what you feel is the truth is superior to what everyone else believes? Everyone thinks their beliefs are the truth, that's why we believe them.

I admit I could be wrong in some of my beliefs. Just because I have the Holy Spirit in me doesn't mean I am automatically right in all my beliefs.

I don't live by my feelings. I follow what the word of God says about a matter. That is truth.

It's a first-person, third-person thing.

My beliefs are truth, but their beliefs are not.

To paraphrase George Carlin, "Our junk is stuff while their stuff is junk."

So no other view can be valid? Even the Gospels can be interpreted very differently depending on the reader.

I repeat: Christian denominations that agree on salvation in Christ alone, and in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, despite minor differences in some interpretation---and not lies---are not a problem. We can give grace to one another on the small stuff.

Back