Doctored Up Oatmeal Porridge

Dusty

Inactive
Doctored Up Oatmeal Porridge

Now that the weather is getting colder we think of tummy warming food and what 's better that a bowl of Oatmeal Porridge in the morning.

So I make the porridge the usual way except instead of making it with water , I make it with milk , put a little cinnimon, pinch of salt , hand full of dried cranberries and almonds .

I also add a bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking to the pan .

Then the good part ... when done add maple syrup and more milk if desired and voila your done.eat and enjoy

oatmeal-porridge.jpg

Dusty, what exactly is porridge? I know that the "baby bear" had some in Goldielocks, but here in the south we just have plan ole oatmeal, with cream and sugar and sometimes with a little brown sugar, I don't mean to sound stupid, just wondering.:D

Tavy .... I guess that is the same thing only we call it porridge. Do you cook yours with water ?

You asked if I cook my oatmeal with water, yes I do, but using milk sounds delish and I may try it that way too.

Oatmeal is the devil- yuck.:eek::p:):D:D I looks like it has already been chewed.:eek:

Cream of Wheat yes, grits yes, oatmeal- I just can't get it down.:eek:

Then, no one has fixed it just right for you, Bo. You may have only eaten it like they cook it in restaurants, all starchy and sticky yuk.

You have to wait until the water boils before you put the cereal in, just like you make Mac n Cheese, so it doesn't get starchy.

You keep stirring, until it thickens. Then you add brown sugar, raisins, a little granola or I like it with crackers like soup. Add milk to the right thickness, and a little butter too. It really tastes good when you put a spoonful on top of a buttered piece of toast and crunch into it. Mmmmm, I think I'll have to go fix some.

Bo, just wait until your cholesterol hits the ceiling. Then in addition to the meds they Rx for you, you'll be finding ways to consume oatmeal - and oatmeal/raisin cookies don't count.

I like cream of wheat and grits, too. But I prefer the cooked varieties and not the instant packets.

Back