Do you see a difference?

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV Notice no New in this......15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
That is the way to find the "real flavour" of ice cream
Yah, it is funny you should quote this verse because I talked to God about this just a bit earlier this evening and He seemed to say....it just means you will need to dig deeper to find the truth, and that way you will need to really study and not just read the word. It will benefit you more that way.

So do we......Just like the kjv.....pure and nothing added :) I usually use the nlt or niv to help me if i don't grasp something right away....but then that takes the fun out of meditating :ROFLMAO:

But now come on you missed my big one that I like to use as well but do not have any more.
Thee Amplified .......

Yah, it is funny you should quote this verse because I talked to God about this just a bit earlier this evening and He seemed to say....it just means you will need to dig deeper to find the truth, and that way you will need to really study and not just read the word. It will benefit you more that way.
See this just proves the old saying..........God can use anyone or anything to speak to you if He wants to get something through to you.........rofl

The two versions say exactly the same things. In the Hebrew, "not in all" means "none of any" or "none of the whole", and "thoughts" is interpreted from the Hebrew which means "intent of evil", or "plan". So, the wicked have only evil, lewd and mischievous thoughts and none of them are of God.

H3605
כּול כּלo
kôl kôl
kole, kole
From H3634; properly the whole; hence all, any or every (in the singular only, but often in a plural sense): - (in) all (manner, [ye]), altogether, any (manner), enough, every (one, place, thing), howsoever, as many as, [no-] thing, ought, whatsoever, (the) whole, whoso (-ever).

H4209
מזמּה
mezimmâh
mez-im-maw'
From H2161; a plan, usually evil (machination), sometimes good (sagacity): - (wicked) device, discretion, intent, witty invention, lewdness, mischievous (device), thought, wickedly.

@Mykuhl
So the truth is in...........God made all these different versions just for you so you would have to dig in deeper and chew on His word more. Eating fast never benefits you any way....
View attachment 1752
LOL! It funny you should mention that too cause I have been a fast eater all my life(I am actually talking about food hear lol) and that is another thing God has been working on me as well.... to chew more and slower!

In all reality, and seriousness....this has really spoken to me to!
Just like when we are told to chew slowly, or eat slowly so as to digest better and get the most nutrients out of your food....so now we have God telling us that by meditating and digging in, taking more time to study.....we get more spiritual nutrients out of our spiritual food...so as to get maximum benefit out of the Word, and our relationship with God.
Thanks for sharing!

In all reality, and seriousness....this has really spoken to me to!
Just like when we are told to chew slowly, or eat slowly so as to digest better and get the most nutrients out of your food....so now we have God telling us that by meditating and digging in, taking more time to study.....we get more spiritual nutrients out of our spiritual food...so as to get maximum benefit out of the Word, and our relationship with God.
Thanks for sharing!
Amen! Isn't it funny how God works sometimes? In ways we don't even expect or realize until we look deeper.
How awesome is our God!!!

The two versions say exactly the same things. In the Hebrew, "not in all" means "none of any" or "none of the whole", and "thoughts" is interpreted from the Hebrew which means "intent of evil", or "plan". So, the wicked have only evil, lewd and mischievous thoughts and none of them are of God.

H3605
כּול כּלo
kôl kôl
kole, kole
From H3634; properly the whole; hence all, any or every (in the singular only, but often in a plural sense): - (in) all (manner, [ye]), altogether, any (manner), enough, every (one, place, thing), howsoever, as many as, [no-] thing, ought, whatsoever, (the) whole, whoso (-ever).

H4209
מזמּה
mezimmâh
mez-im-maw'
From H2161; a plan, usually evil (machination), sometimes good (sagacity): - (wicked) device, discretion, intent, witty invention, lewdness, mischievous (device), thought, wickedly.
Nice! Thank you Euphemia. Again it proves that the scriptures in it's original languages are always the best.

Yes. The kjv seems to me clearer.
The wicked have a choice, they just do not do it.
The nkjv seem to suggest they just dont seek after God, even if they could.

I know the former to be true. I say stick to the kjv. Why is it n(kjv) anyway? One time, someone had an amp version and was reading it out loud. My goodness, it took him ten times longer with much repetition when he could have just been reading straight scripture and getting right to the point.

Yes. The kjv seems to me clearer.
The wicked have a choice, they just do not do it.
The nkjv seem to suggest they just dont seek after God, even if they could.

I know the former to be true. I say stick to the kjv. Why is it n(kjv) anyway? One time, someone had an amp version and was reading it out loud. My goodness, it took him ten times longer with much repetition when he could have just been reading straight scripture and getting right to the point.

I had an issue with the amplified for a long time...so it is still not my main Bible, but i do enjoy reading it because the definitions to certain words are right there in the text...and sometimes it makes things "pop" better

LOL! It funny you should mention that too cause I have been a fast eater all my life(I am actually talking about food hear lol) and that is another thing God has been working on me as well.... to chew more and slower!
Yea well, people have been trying to get me to slow down eating food too but I just sit down and eat.

Back