Do you really love God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask you Jim, why as a moderator you are being so accusatory and argumentative????

Why can't we just discuss this and leave out the personal stuff.

But since you brought it up.......Of course you are welcome add things to the list of things I do not personally believe are Biblical. The fact is that there is a lot of things talked about on this site that I do not accept as Biblical because they are not Biblical. And YES you can add the "Prosperity Gospel" that you personally do accept to that list.

But can that not be said of you and everyone else in this world?
Major once again you want to play this card. If a staff member does not agree with you then you turn it into how a staff member should not post and on and on. remember the pms. ??

Personal stuff? You accuse me? Lol so by you continually accusing me of this teaching or that and that I believe that all the NT is for us and bringing this up is ok because your not staff?

Post #65 I said

I also have learned that if I keep replying to this, you will accuse me of pushing my beliefs. So there you go sir. It is what it is. I am done with this.

Once again proof is in your post.
Now I am done!! Lol

Have a great day
Blessings

"Major, post: 452913, member: 4448"]And God bless you and my I use the term you use frequently......"Do you have a Scripture for this comment?"

It's funny how when I first wrote the comment, I was going off what you said about historical fact, and a synopsis of what I have read in the Word. But as I prayed and asked God to speak through me and help me to put forth His Word, He directed me to Acts 4:32-35

Now the company of believers was of one heart and soul, and not one of them claimed that anything which he possessed was [exclusively] his own, but everything they had was in common and for the use of all. And with great strength and ability and power the apostles delivered their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace (loving-kindness and favor and goodwill) rested richly upon them all. Nor was there a destitute or needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses proceeded to sell them, and one by one they brought (gave back) the amount received from the sales And laid it at the feet of the apostles (special messengers). Then distribution was made according as anyone had need.
Acts 4:32‭-‬35 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/act.4.32-35.AMPC

This example above is also in line with the way that king Solomon ran his kingdom when he was king. Not one person lacked anything. And in my opinion in line with many examples in the Word of why God desires for us all to be blessed financially. Because poverty was never supposed to be. The Children of God (Body of Christ) is supposed to have all sufficiency, and have much left over to provide or sow into other people's and ministry's. (2 Corinthians 9:8)

And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]. As it is written, He [the benevolent person] scatters abroad; He gives to the poor; His deeds of justice and goodness and kindness and benevolence will go on and endure forever! [Ps. 112:9.] And [God] Who provides seed for the sower and bread for eating will also provide and multiply your [resources for] sowing and increase the fruits of your righteousness [which manifests itself in active goodness, kindness, and charity]. [Isa. 55:10; Hos. 10:12.] Thus you will be enriched in all things and in every way, so that you can be generous, and [your generosity as it is] administered by us will bring forth thanksgiving to God. For the service that the ministering of this fund renders does not only fully supply what is lacking to the saints (God's people), but it also overflows in many [cries of] thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:8‭-‬12 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/2co.9.8-12.AMPC

Getting people to praise God, and recognize the goodness of God is the main purpose of things... Which is also helping us to store up riches in heaven. For everything is always about bringing Glory to our gracious and loving God.

Instead of being "comfortable" the Scriptures say something else.

Acts 3:6: Then Peter said,
"Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk."

This does not mean they had none on them at the time; they had NO money. These are words out of their own mouths recorded by the Holy Spirit through their hands as Scripture.

I happen to believe that they had none on them at the time, but it was not money that the man needed, He needed healing.

Blessings to you!

="Major, post: 452912, member: 4448"]I am not saying and have not said that Jesus taught that ministers should be poor. IF I came across that way I was in error.

I am not saying that money in and of itself is bad. I am not a poor man. God has blessed me greatly and I am truly thankful for His care and guidance in my life.

What I am saying is that Jesus didn’t die on the cross to be our genie. He knows that while money isn’t bad but an excessive amount of money (or things) often harms us. That is why He commands His Followers to “store up treasures in heaven.”

I can agree that Jesus didn't die on the cross to be our genie. He died to redeem our lives from destruction, and to give us eternal life. But part of our redemption from the curse is to be blessed when we truly, fully, follow and obey all His commands. For even Jesus said to ask whatever we desire and it shall be given to us ( mark 11:24, John 14:13-14).

I believe His desire was and still is to bring the Blessing of Abraham to everyone. This is our heritage as believers.(Romans, Galatians) And Abraham was not a poor man.

However with the Blessing of Abraham comes responsibility. Any believer that has money should be sowing into other believers lives, and ministries, providing For their pastors and churches. For God's way is that we seek first and provide first for His kingdom and the people of His kingdom, and He will add the things that we need and desire back to us. (Mt 6)

Now we can discuss this all day if you want to but the Bible truth is that God never promises His Followers financial wealth.

Actually it's all over the Bible and is one of the definitions of salvation. In Galatians it says that we have been redeemed from the curse. Poverty is part of the curse..its not a blessing. It is something the devil uses to defeat a born again believer, in a lot of different ways.

The Apostle Paul warns us in 1 Tim. 6:10........
“For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs".

This says the love of money, not the possession of money is the root of all evil. Like yourself said in another post.. money in itself is not evil. Money in itself is neutral. For God knows that money is what is necessary to advance His kingdom on this earth. We need money to buy food, to help others, to buy jets, to send ministers (God's anointed men and women of God) all over the world to preach the gospel.

Now that is not one of those things on any list I have but it is either true or it is not true and that is the bottom line. I accept it as it is written.

You will also find this hard to accept...........The stark irony of the prosperity gospel is that it creates poor Christians.!!!! Why do you believe this?

Here is something else hard to accept.........God will never owe us anything just because we packed our heavenly bank account full of faith. That's the silly thing... no one ever said God owes us anything... It's something He has already given us. It's a check He put into our account, we just have to make the decision to cash it.
2 Peter 1:3.....
For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue).
2 Peter 1:3 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/2pe.1.3.AMPC

Instead, God gives us the ultimate gift of eternal life as His children—a gift we could never earn. Glory to God! For the gift of eternal life!

Rather than buying into harmful prosperity theology, where we wait for God to bless us because of our faith, God does not bless us because of our faith (for we cannot earn it) ... He blesses us because He loves us and desires to be a good father... it takes faith to receive what He has already promised though...should cultivate hearts of gratitude for the true Gospel. Thankfulness realigns us toward how God is already blessing us. I agree that thankfulness is hugely important, and is apart of faith, however if a person is in poverty what blessings will they be thanking God for? It also opens new opportunities for other gifts, because it creates hopeful expectations how does one who is in poverty have any hopeful expectation, how can they see past their need, to see how God will prosper them, if many religious people tell them that prosperity is a sin, or not valid for earth? of how God might really want to work in a situation, not what He has to do. No one says God has to do anything. He says He delights to see His children prosper (jeremiah 29:11, ps 35:27)

That is what I believe. I am your servant if you wish to talk about this more.

Tag your it :)
Blessings

Yes, there will be rich church people in the last days that will be judged for their covetedness.
covetous, greedy, acquisitive, grasping, avaricious mean having or showing a strong desire for especially material possessions. covetous implies inordinate desire often for another's possessions (covetous of his brother's country estate).

God does not bless such a person. God does not drop great wealth in the lap of those who do not tithe or give or keep God and His Ways first.

So being a Rich church person as you say does not make them in error.

Once again you claim I follow this or that. I really wiish you stop with the labeling. :) I have said I believe in Biblical Prosperity.
This covers a vast range of areas in a person's life. Finances is but a little piece of true biblical prosperity.

I have said it before and I guess it bears saying again. I don't give 2 cents for all these different theologies and studies of man. They mean nothing to me. They are as Empty as last year's bird nest. I believe in His Word!!

Scripture never said.....test their theology
Or test their doctrines. ....No scripture says test the Spirit.

I mean no disrespect but why must you always bring in some teaching and say that's what your talking about when you disagree? It gets old and wares on people.

Any Way Sir, as Always it's been an honor and privilege discussing God's word with you.
Have a Blessed Day

God Bless
FCJ

covetous, greedy, acquisitive, grasping, avaricious mean having or showing a strong desire for especially material possessions. covetous implies inordinate desire often for another's possessions (covetous of his brother's country estate).

God does not bless such a person. God does not drop great wealth in the lap of those who do not tithe or give or keep God and His Ways first.

So being a Rich church person as you say does not make them in error.

Once again you claim I follow this or that. I really wiish you stop with the labeling. :) I have said I believe in Biblical Prosperity.
This covers a vast range of areas in a person's life. Finances is but a little piece of true biblical prosperity.

I have said it before and I guess it bears saying again. I don't give 2 cents for all these different theologies and studies of man. They mean nothing to me. They are as Empty as last year's bird nest. I believe in His Word!!

Scripture never said.....test their theology
Or test their doctrines. ....No scripture says test the Spirit.

I mean no disrespect but why must you always bring in some teaching and say that's what your talking about when you disagree? It gets old and wares on people.

Any Way Sir, as Always it's been an honor and privilege discussing God's word with you.
Have a Blessed Day

God Bless
FCJ

Just too much drama for me anymore. Be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back