1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Ever Feel The Presence Of Departed Loved Ones?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PeaceLikeaRiver, Jun 19, 2014.

1. The day my mother died there was what seemed almost like poltergeist phenomena going on, bizarre stories too long to relate here. My father's passing was more sedate. But since their passing I don't ever feel them reaching out or making contact and I wonder if that's everyone's experience.
  2. The dead don't make contact, they are dead. My wife said that she could see her mother as a spirit after she died and I told her that ghosts aren't real and that people hunting ghosts or thinking they see loved ones are actually demons. I truly believe this.
  3. That's my belief as well.
    TezriLi likes this.
  4. If your seeing something, it's a demon. You've got to get it out.
  5. #5 CCW95A, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Well, I believe in the Holy Ghost. He is real. :)
    Did Jesus talk to a dead person on the mount of transfiguration?
    Did John in the book of Revelations talk to one the 24 elders? Rev 17:13
    Jesus died and I have fellowship with him.
    DavidG likes this.
  6. I think you know what I'm talking about. So I guess according to you when someone is searching for ghosts like in Ghost Hunters, it is ok?
  7. I do believe that people can see ghosts, but I also believe that they may be demons impersonating that person.

Saul once used a medium to contact Samuel's ghost (1 Samuel 28:7-15). Not something that he was supposed to do, but he did it regardless. The Bible references the medium contacting Samuel, and the Bible states that it was indeed Samuel. Therefore, unless it was an isolated spiritual event, we must conclude that contact with the dead is possible. HOWEVER, the Bible also states that mediums and what they do is unacceptable to God.
  8. This is what I think about the dead:

“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family,28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”
  9. It didn't take long after my first husband died for me to have a "contact." At the time, it seemed sweet. All that happened was that every time I passed a particular place in the living room, without any logical reason, I could smell his favorite fragrance he used. I loved that and passed by that spot every chance I got, all day long. Then it was gone.

Not long later, "he" visited me in a dream, to tell me that what I was doing with my money was all right, although I knew it would not be his choice if he was alive.

It wasn't long after this when I was contacted by "christian" people who were deep into the occult, but they were calling their brand of the occult "spiritual warfare." And they went after me, trying to integrate me into their stuff.

Here's what I think was happening: I was at a weak point in my life -- in deep grief. I had lived with the occult in my childhood home and later rejected it. So I think satan was in a battle for my soul. It used my imagination (my husband's fragrance and the dream ), then it used people who seemed friendly, seemed interested in me, who comforted me in my grief. When I rejected the last attack, it was over. Ended. That's all she wrote.

Thank G-d, He is always the Winner!

While I would love to have actual contact with my first husband, with someone who would tell me that my mother is with the L-rd, with my present husband's first wife, with my first husband's father, etc., etc., etc., I can wait until our Messiah points at me and says, "It's your turn now."
    Heart_for_Christ likes this.
  10. Our minds can be very powerful, and will distort our perceptions of reality to protect us if need be.
    TezriLi likes this.
  11. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
    Once a Christian dies their spirit and soul goes to the Lord. They do not hang out in this world. They have no other reason to be here.
    What about those who are born again and have been translated in the Kingdom of God. Are they not in the same Kingdom as those who have passed away? Does Jesus Christ live in us, and yet at the same time he is sitting on the right hand of God ? 2 Cor 13:5 Are they not also in Jesus Christ along with us? How can this be? It is because Jesus gave unto us His Glory, Why?

Joh 17:21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
    Joh 17:22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
    Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.
    Joh 17:24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

The body of Christ is never alone from each other as we are all one in Christ. We can either believe this and experience it or not believe it and never experience it in this life. The purpose of the five fold ministry is to teach this to the Church. The five fold ministry will never end until.
    Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity (oneness) of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
    The only way to become perfect unto the measure of the fulness of Christ is in his presence where Jesus is sitting in all of His Glory just like he told us in John 17:24

Are any of these things I have posted wrong?

Well, I believe in the Holy Ghost. He is real. :)
    Did Jesus talk to a dead person on the mount of transfiguration?
    Did John in the book of Revelations talk to one the 24 elders? Rev 17:13
    Jesus died and I have fellowship with him.
  12. I would hate to think when I die that I will be moping around on earth looking at the living go about their business.
  13. Greetings:
    The body needs a spirit,and upon death,it's gone.John had to be in the spirit,to check out the souls in heaven.And,without the soul
    truthing is impossible. Ergo,a ghost is a demon,just shout Jesus Christ when eerie times occur.

14. Does walking in the Spirit mean for you to use your two feet? Walking in the Spirit has nothing to do with your feet.
  15. This is a seriously touchy subject because of all the junk people have in their theology. We are spirit beings as sons of God and should have interaction with the spirit realm, but that would entail the cloud of witnesses (James, Peter and John saw Moses and Elijah with Jesus; Saul spoke with Samuel through divination - wrong, but it happened) and while I believe it's possible though not the way the movies portray. Here's why: My wife lost her father and she was distressed because though he said he accepted Christ, my wife just didn't know. The night he died both her and her mother (sleeping in the same bed to comfort one another) had a dream where her father sat on the window sill dressed in white and said he was at peace. That was it. When they both work up, they had the exact same dream.

When my boss was sick (he was raised an orthodox Jew, attended a Catholic college, married a Muslim woman and was a practicing Unitarian!) so we had a lot of conversation but he would not call out to God. He said “If I go before you” – and this was before he knew he was sick – “I’ll tap you on the shoulder and let you know.” Something he always said. I had never toiled in prayer for anything or anyone like I did for him. Even my family was deeply moved to pray for him. It really consumed us for months, day and night. Then one Saturday I woke up and I had peace and the yearning to pray for him was gone. I told my wife and she concurred and the thought came to mind he had died. About 8 hours later we got a notice that he had indeed died around the time we were at peace. As we were discussing he had died, in mid-sentence I saw him in my mind, but it was so clear. He smiled his big cheesy grin and nodded and that was it. I never saw him again.

My mother died when I was 16 (my parents had split when I was 3 so I lived with my dad for high school) and every night I would say “Good night mom” and go to bed. That night I said “Good bye mom” and it scared me. My dad woke me up at 5am and said she had died. I never saw her or anything. So I believe if we are Christians and there is a need, we can have glimpses into heaven. This happened to my wife and me once. I had a dream I saw a guy arrive in heaven with a typical farmer’s look. I saw two men in white put a white robe on him and a gold rope around his waist and I woke up. My wife saw the same thing and said he was a youth pastor that had died that she had been praying for for months. Neither of us even knew him or had anyone tell us about him. It was all done in the spirit. So as with any truth, the devil will take an twist it. That’s my two cents.
  16. There are millions x million of fallen angels on earth. They are all bored and mischievous. Anything freaky = them.

God is good. He will let our loved ones say goodbye. In a nice dream. From mine and others testimonies that seems to be the norm.
  17. You all may find 1 Thessalonians 4:15-20 to be an interesting read. I interpret it as a hint that we may not be in Heaven or with God yet when we die, but instead remain here until we are summoned by God during His return.
    Huntingteckel likes this.
  18. Your interpretation of that verse goes against many scriptures and the current of the whole bible....God's eager reconciliation with man. Why in the universe would He keep us apart from Him when we qualify to be with Him. Lateral thought = zero on your part, no offence.
  19. Your interpretation of that verse goes against many scriptures and the current of the whole bible.

What is your interpretation of that verse, and which ones do my opinion seem to go against?

Lateral thought = zero on your part, no offence.

We just have differing perspectives dude. I am quite curious to hear yours though....
    DavidG and Huntingteckel say Amen and like this.
  20. God died for you, so you that you will qualify to be with Him. But He is going to wait for that.....

It's like you just gave your kidney to pay your wife's air fair to come be with you.... but you don't pick her up at the airport. You leave her there.