Do you donate to any charities or causes?

I currently donate to Gab.com, People's Party of Canada, Druther's newspaper, Peta, and sometimes BCSPCA.

I am always wanting to make more money, and it's all for donating to these causes of mine.

Matthew 6:3 [3] But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, [4] so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:3 [3] But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, [4] so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Haha, I am not trying to let people know that I do good deeds. I'm just wanting to know if other people donate and if yes, what organization they donate to.

Thanks for the clarification, but don't you think if they said what groups they donate to, it would conflict with Mt 6:1-4?
Well, I think that the spirit behind that passage is to tell people not to brag about their good deeds to others. If other people actually ask, it should be OK to tell them. There is nothing bad about telling other people that you do good deeds.

Haha, I am not trying to let people know that I do good deeds. I'm just wanting to know if other people donate and if yes, what organization they donate to.

Hello Wan;

Your thread, Do you donate to any charities or causes? is not meant to disrespect you as the author and your question is good that you brought it up to reflect our motivation for giving and it's objectives.

There was a time during our 1st year of marriage
I wanted to make more money and succeeded by doing a lot of overtime. My contributions were having an employee stock investment and a personal IRA. My wife didn't work those first two years and I felt pretty good taking care of her.

Speaking personally for my wife and me, later in our years we participate in extreme circumstances of charity but we are conscious to keep it between the two of us.

One of the most unpopular sermons that I have given are from
Matthew 6:1-4.

God bless you, Wan, and thank you for sharing.

The local food banks are always in need of donations, as are the homeless shelters and the local humane society. I try to give locally as much as possible. There are so many people in need. It's very saddening to see the needless suffering in the world.

Personally, I don't see PETA as being worthy of donations since they are anti-Christ, who Himself said that we can eat the meat of the animals for our good. PETA stands absolutely opposed to the hunting and eating of all meat, including the cattle and chicken industries. It seems like every "movement" out there that started out with a more reasonable agenda and missio0n statement eventually moved off into extremes in order to justify their continued existence; not at all being happy with their original charter!

MM

I have adopted a cat from the SPCA, but when it comes to regular monetary donations I can't do it. Its enough I look after the cat I have.
They come round asking for money, but I have already done quite a bit for them, worked and volunteered in their op shop, looked after any strays that come over etc.

If someone is fundraising for something, or it's a school or for children who don't have anything (and children can't work - child labour laws and they need to be in school) I am glad to give what I can. But in no way am I rich enough to be a donor or a sponsor or be a 'stake holder'.

I think if you've made a fortune and philanthropy is your thing, you can give it away like Andrew Carnegie did (he built hundreds of public libraries on proviso the books are free access for all) because you definitely cannot take it with you.

There are lots of local charities I support it would be a big long list if I wrote them all, but it depends on what the current needs are and how you can help. It does not have to be money.

One thing though is I am wary of giving to people who are already rich, for example, people give so much to the Royal Family but they do not need anyones charity. In fact I read that they burn most of their gifts in the incinerator.

Personally, I don't see PETA as being worthy of donations since they are anti-Christ, who Himself said that we can eat the meat of the animals for our good. PETA stands absolutely opposed to the hunting and eating of all meat, including the cattle and chicken industries. It seems like every "movement" out there that started out with a more reasonable agenda and missio0n statement eventually moved off into extremes in order to justify their continued existence; not at all being happy with their original charter!

MM
I wont give to them either.

Animals were made for us by God. That dosen't say we are to abuse or mistreat them. And giving to charities that look after mistreated animals is a blessing. it highlights our need to improve our treatment of them.

When I look at the YouTube cutesy animal videos of animals being pampered a little too much I do cringe and think...hang on a minute we have gone from one end to the other, where is the balance gone?

Cats in the shower with rollers in? šŸ˜¬

whatever next?

I wont give to them either.

Animals were made for us by God. That dosen't say we are to abuse or mistreat them. And giving to charities that look after mistreated animals is a blessing. it highlights our need to improve our treatment of them.

When I look at the YouTube cutesy animal videos of animals being pampered a little too much I do cringe and think...hang on a minute we have gone from one end to the other, where is the balance gone?

Cats in the shower with rollers in? šŸ˜¬

whatever next?

What I have grown to hate with a passion through these latter years is all the humanization of animals that Disney seems to have such a fetish for for many, many decades now, and it's only getting worse.

MM

Here we have Salvation Army, Hospice, St Johns Ambulance, Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity

Others include Women's Refuge, Pet Refuge, SPCA, Barnados, IHC, Blind and Low Vision

I am happy to give to those who make a difference, rather than those who are funding some sort of dubious research. We have groups raising awareness of various things, like RSA, Cancer Society, Heartfoundation etc but they are more associations and societies (that you have to pay in to belong to) than actually charities doing things to help people who cannot help themselves.

We have a lot of conservation and environmental awareness groups like WWF, Greenpeace, SAFE, Rivercare, and there are volunteer clean up days.

There's Samaritan Purse, Angel Tree ministry, World Vision, Childfund, Tearfund etc

Canteen, Variety, etc

I think there's one even for books it was started up by gifting books to those who don't have them.

Gideons, Books for Babies, Room to Read, Scripture Union

so many....

A lot of schools are destitute thanks to little govt funding at all and do need a lot of hands to help and PTAs are a way to help them
Also there's hospitals

Back