Do You Believe Atheists "choose" To Go To Hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I clicked this thread earlier then exited it. I first found it using tapatalk under unread. I couldn't find it again because I had read it. I'm replying now so it will go in my participated section. That way I can find it quicker and read it.
I've had that issue. I once had to actually wait until I could sit down at my computer because I couldn't find the darn thread anywhere.

What do you mean, "speak for yourself?"

I didn't say anything about God's word.

They don't see God's creation anymore. Just man made stuff. Did you even read my post?

That is not the truth. God is perfectly capable of revealing Himself in and through nature to those who are caught up in the intellect and the worship of man. why do you appear to make excuses for them?

That is not the truth. God is perfectly capable of revealing Himself in and through nature to those who are caught up in the intellect and the worship of man. why do you appear to make excuses for them?
When science usurps God's role in creation, it become increasingly difficult to see God.

People that live in cities don't see very much nature at all. I don't know what the misunderstanding is here.

Nonsense. It is only complicated to those whose minds are darkened and refuse to see the truth.
That sounds an awful lot like judgement to me, which Jesus says you should not do. If it is not complicated, why are there so many people - Christians and atheists alike - who would disagree with what you're saying? If God were "plainly" saying it there wouldn't be such disagreement on the subject.
God is available to every atheist and I dare say that they have had more than one opportunity to know God---or will in their lifetime yet!
I'm not going to do as you do and speak on behalf of God, or for that matter other Christians and certainly not atheists whose experiences in this life are not my experiences. And I'm not going to presumptuously tell them that I know their own minds better than they do. If an atheists tells me - and many have - that they simply see no evidence for God, I'm not going to assume they are lying and are actually rebelling against a God they don't believe exists.
I trust what God says. Sorry you don't.
I entirely trust what God says. It's your interpretation of what God says that I don't trust.

When science usurps God's role in creation, it become increasingly difficult to see God.

I agree. I live in this world, too and I see how Satan has set himself up as the god of this world---as he always has. That perceived difficulty in this generation is not insurmountable for the powerful Holy Spirit. There are many men and women who have been caught up in the mindsets of today's culture that have wonderful testimonies of how they found Christ. Turns out that in their denial of God, their thirsty, starving souls were actually seeking Him.

An atheist tells you that he has seen no evidence of God. Why do you tell him he is lying to you? Why not take that person at his word?

That sounds an awful lot like judgement to me, which Jesus says you should not do. If it is not complicated, why are there so many people - Christians and atheists alike - who would disagree with what you're saying? If God were "plainly" saying it there wouldn't be such disagreement on the subject.

People's minds have been darkened.

Ephesians 4:17-25 (NLT)
With the Lord’s authority I say this: Live no longer as the Gentiles do, for they are hopelessly confused. 18 Their minds are full of darkness; they wander far from the life God gives because they have closed their minds and hardened their hearts against him. 19 They have no sense of shame. They live for lustful pleasure and eagerly practice every kind of impurity.
20 But that isn’t what you learned about Christ. 21 Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, 22 throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. 23 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. 24 Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy. 25 So stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbors the truth, for we are all parts of the same body.

I'm not going to do as you do and speak on behalf of God, or for that matter other Christians and certainly not atheists whose experiences in this life are not my experiences. And I'm not going to presumptuously tell them that I know their own minds better than they do. If an atheists tells me - and many have - that they simply see no evidence for God, I'm not going to assume they are lying and are actually rebelling against a God they don't believe exists.

I entirely trust what God says. It's your interpretation of what God says that I don't trust.

That is rather discordant. God tells us that He reveals Himself to all, and that they have no excuse to not know Him. So, why do you argue that point if you trust what He says?

Romans 1:19-20 (NLT)
They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

I agree. I live in this world, too and I see how Satan has set himself up as the god of this world---as he always has. That perceived difficulty in this generation is not insurmountable for the powerful Holy Spirit. There are many men and women who have been caught up in the mindsets of today's culture that have wonderful testimonies of how they found Christ. Turns out that in their denial of God, their thirsty, starving souls were actually seeking Him.
Nothing is beyond God. Everyone is given some revelation from God. How God deals with each individual is between God and that person.

An atheist tells you that he has seen no evidence of God. Why do you tell him he is lying to you? Why not take that person at his word?

I could sit him down and talk to him and bring out much in the way of how God has revealed Himself and is continuing to reveal Himself. He is not so much a liar as he is spiritually blinded---and in great need of the Saviour.

People's minds have been darkened.
But not yours? No one can disagree with you? That's funny, I don't know anyone at all who is above being disagreed with. And I think it's entirely possible to disagree with you without my mind being "darkened", in fact I think it's very healthy for you to be told and to admit that you are wrong occasionally. Since an overwhelming number of people would flat out disagree with what you're saying, maybe you should consider that rather than accuse so many minds of being "darkened." Who's darkening them, by the way? Satan? Let's just get that on the table sooner than later.

That is rather discordant. God tells us that He reveals Himself to all, and that they have no excuse to not know Him. So, why do you argue that point if you trust what He says?
Because I think you have the verse out of context, and because it's entirely possible that what I've said is true, that you could live an a very remote part of the world and know nothing whatsoever about God, Jesus, or anything contained in the Bible. If you dispute that, I would like you to tell me how - on EARTH - it would be possible in any way. Not a difficult question by the way.

Because I think you have the verse out of context, and because it's entirely possible that what I've said is true, that you could live an a very remote part of the world and know nothing whatsoever about God, Jesus, or anything contained in the Bible. If you dispute that, I would like you to tell me how - on EARTH - it would be possible in any way. Not a difficult question by the way.
Yes, a person may live in a part of the world that has no knowledge of Jesus, BUT God does reveal Himself. What that person does with that revelation is between them and God and God will deal with that person as He sees fit.

But can you conceived of there NOT being a God? And it's OK if you can't, because lots of Christians can't. As a mental exercise and nothing more, it's possible to think there's no God. And for some of these people, that's their natural state of mind. So for them it's not about excuses, it's that they REALLY think there's nothing, so why would they "choose" to go to a hell they don't believe exists?

The mind of any man can convince him of anything. Some of the ugliest people in the world think that they are pretty.

It does not matter what they THINK, believe or want. It is all about what God has said in His Word.

Going to suggest to you that it's not as plain as you are making it out to be.

And yet there are still atheists out there - lots of them, so are you telling me that those atheists had God revealed to them as you did, and chose to reject Him? Is it not much more likely that they received no such revelation, or didn't recognize one?

Honestly.......it is just that simple my friend.

You can come up with excuse after excuse but when the blood dries, it is still the same old story.......

"WHOM DO YOU SAY JESUS THE CHRIST IS"????

It is just that simple. He is either the Christ of God and the Saviour of man........of He was just a man who died one day in Jerusalem.

Well, not all atheists are against God or something like that, some atheists just don't feel God anywhere because they are not born again and they also believe that God is too good to be true, but then there are these mean atheists who call us and even witches delusional. And some atheists are probably just possessed too.

But not yours?

No. We who know Jesus Christ have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:16 (NLT)
For,

“Who can know the Lord’s thoughts?
Who knows enough to teach him?”

But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.

No one can disagree with you? That's funny, I don't know anyone at all who is above being disagreed with.

Sure! You may disagree all you like.

And I think it's entirely possible to disagree with you without my mind being "darkened", in fact I think it's very healthy for you to be told and to admit that you are wrong occasionally. Since an overwhelming number of people would flat out disagree with what you're saying, maybe you should consider that rather than accuse so many minds of being "darkened." Who's darkening them, by the way? Satan? Let's just get that on the table sooner than later.

I do admit that sometimes I am wrong. No one is right all the time. Many people disagree about truthful things. That's OK---people disagreed with Jesus, too.

God's word addresses that, and I have posted the scripture. Do you have any scripture that attests to your POV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back