Do we really have a sinful nature?

Some scriptures to pnder over.

1Ki 8:46 If they do wrong against you, for no man is without sin, and you are angry with them and give them up into the power of those who are fighting against them, so that they take them away as prisoners into a strange land, far off or near;

Psa 143:2 Let not your servant come before you to be judged; for no man living is upright in your eyes.

Ecc 7:20 There is no man on earth of such righteousness that he does good and is free from sin all his days.

Luk 11:13 If, then, you who are evil are able to give good things to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who make request to him?

Rom 3:10 As it is said in the holy Writings, There is not one who does righteousness;

Rom 3:12 They have all gone out of the way, there is no profit in any of them; there is not one who does good, not so much as one:

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are false to ourselves and there is nothing true in us.

Is man basically corrupt or basically good?

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. And I will remove the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh,

Mat 12:33 Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree corrupt and its fruit corrupt; for the tree is known by its fruit.
Mat 12:34 Offspring of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Mat 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings out good things; and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings out evil things.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sin worked in our members through the law to bring forth fruit to death.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. And these are contrary to one another; lest whatever you may will, these things you do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Is man basically corrupt or basically good?

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. And I will remove the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh,

Mat 12:33 Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree corrupt and its fruit corrupt; for the tree is known by its fruit.
Mat 12:34 Offspring of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Mat 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings out good things; and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings out evil things.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sin worked in our members through the law to bring forth fruit to death.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. And these are contrary to one another; lest whatever you may will, these things you do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Very good scriptures. And all of them prove that the flesh man is sinful in nature. I'm so glad that we are not flesh people but spiritual.:dance::dance:

Very good scriptures. And all of them prove that the flesh man is sinful in nature. I'm so glad that we are not flesh people but spiritual.:dance::dance:
I wish I could say I always walked in the spirit.:p

Thank you Jesus for saving our souls, wiping away our sin, interceding on our behalf, paying the ultimate sacrifice. You alone are worthy, You alone are Holy, without You we are dead! You gave us life in abundance, we where miserable sinners destined for destruction, but You made us clean, You removed our sin from us and made us whole. May we be forever changing into Your image, through Your power, through Your Spirit. Enable us to share this incredible gift with our freinds, family, enemies and strangers. May Your kingdom come, May Your will be done. May You be glorified, May we bring You glory through our lives.

Your humble servants praise Your Holy name.

Amen

Thank you Jesus for saving our souls, wiping away our sin, interceding on our behalf, paying the ultimate sacrifice. You alone are worthy, You alone are Holy, without You we are dead! You gave us life in abundance, we where miserable sinners destined for destruction, but You made us clean, You removed our sin from us and made us whole. May we be forever changing into Your image, through Your power, through Your Spirit. Enable us to share this incredible gift with our freinds, family, enemies and strangers. May Your kingdom come, May Your will be done. May You be glorified, May we bring You glory through our lives.

Your humble servants praise Your Holy name.

Amen
Amen x 100!

Hrt4Christ said:
Jesus said that we are to take up our Cross and follow Him. This means that daily we must sacrifice our flesh and walk in the spirit. If we did not have a sinful nature, we would not have to sacrifice
our flesh daily.

Amen.

Therefore it's logical to say that we have a sinful nature.
I agree, it's absolutely logical Hrt4Christ! :smiley90:

And above all, it's biblical:

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me
Rom 7:15-17

Back