Do we really have a sinful nature?

Sorry, I was not prompting an answer, I knew the answer. My input was only to state that even in the little ones it can be observed. So we yes, are born in sin.

Exactly . We are all born in sin becase of Adam and Eve.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him.

^Yes.

When Adam and Eve were first created, they were in perfect union with God. When they sinned, they brought this sin into the world (original sin). This sin is washed away at baptism, but what remains is the tendency to sin, called concupiscence. However, Jesus came into the world so we could overcome this and still live in perfect union with Him in heaven.

Our Sinful nature is our inherent ability to Sin. Our desire to go against God's word. Even though we are Saved by His Grace, We still have that desire to Sin, Still tempted, we will always be tempted as long as we are in the lands of the Enemy. God gave us free will, that free will, our ability to choose against God, is our sinful nature. So yes, we do, and will always untill the day we die, have a sinful nature.

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Many miss the boat on this because they forget that man is created in the image of God.
God is tripartate- Father son and Holy Spirit.
Man is tripartate- spirit, soul (mind ,will,intellect, emotions,etc) and body

When we are born again we recieve an New Spiritual life and instantly become a new creature in Christ. This new man is created in God's image and does not sin.
Now we have to be renewed in our minds by the Spirit and the Word.
Our bodies will follow our thoughts in every area wether our minds are renewed in that area or not.
Your spirit receives revelation from God and your soul gladly recieves that revelation- you began to think in aggreement with God in that area and your body goes where your mind tells it. You are renewed in that area and walk according to His Word and will.
But take another area where you are unrenewed- all you old thinking is quite anti-christ. Even the more noble thoughts and actions are corrupt to the core as the old man has his own motivations, desires his own will and seeks glory for himeself (love, recognition etc). The deeds of the flesh can never be acceptable in His sight.
God has called us into death to self- pick up the cross daily- die to the old - each time you die to the old you will find His ressurection power giving life.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Many miss the boat on this because they forget that man is created in the image of God.
God is tripartate- Father son and Holy Spirit.
Man is tripartate- spirit, soul (mind ,will,intellect, emotions,etc) and body

When we are born again we recieve an New Spiritual life and instantly become a new creature in Christ. This new man is created in God's image and does not sin.
Now we have to be renewed in our minds by the Spirit and the Word.
Our bodies will follow our thoughts in every area wether our minds are renewed in that area or not.
Your spirit receives revelation from God and your soul gladly recieves that revelation- you began to think in aggreement with God in that area and your body goes where your mind tells it. You are renewed in that area and walk according to His Word and will.
But take another area where you are unrenewed- all you old thinking is quite anti-christ. Even the more noble thoughts and actions are corrupt to the core as the old man has his own motivations, desires his own will and seeks glory for himeself (love, recognition etc). The deeds of the flesh can never be acceptable in His sight.
God has called us into death to self- pick up the cross daily- die to the old - each time you die to the old you will find His ressurection power giving life.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Bo I think you are saying that we are new creatures at the new birth and have new natures. You are saying that we have to learn to think different? Am I understanding you rightly?:)

Only sin which has been repented of has been washed away! As Christians we are to strive not to sin, but first we are human, and humans most definitely have a sin nature, even after being saved.

I agree that human nature is a sinful nature.. This is why numerous times the Word talks about the difference between the earthly man and the spiritual man. The natural man dies, the spiritual man will have life through Christ. Jesus didn't die for our human life, but for our spiritual life.

Jesus died for all sin. He died for the sins we have committed and sins we will commit. He already paid the price for them all. He did that because God knew that as humans we are not perfect and sinless. :)

^^^^^^^
Ignore that last post of mine... I didn't realize there were 3 pages .. I was replying from the first page LOL .. sorry

Bo I think you are saying that we are new creatures at the new birth and have new natures. You are saying that we have to learn to think different? Am I understanding you rightly?:)
Absolutely. We receive a new spirit but our soul (the part Jesus saves) has to be renewed:

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Until we recieve that revelation in our inner (spirit man) and our minds agree with God by faith our thoughts are no different than a lost or fleshly man.

Absolutely. We receive a new spirit but our soul (the part Jesus saves) has to be renewed:

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Until we recieve that revelation in our inner (spirit man) and our minds agree with God by faith our thoughts are no different than a lost or fleshly man.

Thanks Bo We are in total agreement then.
Sometimes lately I have a hard time understanding things. I'm under major attack in my health.

brother maybe you should exercise during the day a bit so that you may become comfortable and sleepy at night.. and at night drink some camomile tea an hour before bed. read this for information :) i love it Camomile Tea
it's very good also :D

brother maybe you should exercise during the day a bit so that you may become comfortable and sleepy at night.. and at night drink some camomile tea an hour before bed. read this for information :) i love it Camomile Tea
it's very good also :D

LOL I answered this then found it wasn't posted. Here's my second answer.

Activity does not help. I can break rocks all day with a sledge hammer and stay awake all night anyway. I love chamomile tea but it gets me up at night for more exercise. Jogging. LOL So Now its ten o'clock PM and I'll probably end up going to bed around four AM and up again aroung seven thirty. Strange routine hey? In seven days I might get a half dozen restful hours of good sleep. Maybe.:eek::eek:

lol i laughed but i feel bad because of what is happening to you :(
what are you going to do about it ? let's pray :) ask our Lord what He thinks =)

That's one of our christian paradoxes again.

On the one hand we've been wonderfully made in the image of God. On the other hand we have a sin nature.

We haven't been made for this world, Eden was supposed to be our home. But our instincts which would be ok for Eden, are not always trustworthy when it comes to life in this world.

That's why we, for example, feel scared when we see someone with a serious illness. Same goes for death - we don't know what it is and it scares us.

We need Jesus to adapt to the situation, or our instincts will do us in and lead us into evil. The part of us which always wants to follow God is the spirit. When we become born again our spirits become sanctified. Spirit is the place where we have peace with God, so be in the spirit always. The heart is important too - we must live our life from the heart, so that what when we love, revere, adore, enjoy, etc ... it is honest because the heart is in it.

Don't worry, there is no monster in you. But you must have God work on you which means you must stick with God. Man needs God to be complete, always. That's like in Eden, God is everywhere and helps with everything, as our beloved Father. We're nothing without God.

Denadii Cho my friend I will be praying for you.
One question- are you a big thinker at night? If your mind is racing you will not usually sleep very much.
"If that is the case I usually just lift up this prayer Lord I have a lot of things on my mind now but I cannot deal with them now as my body needs rest. I am now choosing to give them all into your hands and rest in you. "
After that I close my eyes and go to sleep.:)

Back