Do We Have Free Will After Salvation?

When I think of Heaven I think of church. Sunday mornings are hard on me, I hate getting up, sometimes me and the family argue....but once we get there....it feels so Good. I feel great when I get there its just its so hard to get there. Life is hard, but Heaven will be Great!!!!!!

Free Will After Salvation?

man will become level as angels.seeing how we know satan had free will.this means yes we will have free will.:)

Praise God Smellycat,
The Bible says in Heaven we will have the bodies like those of Angels. Elsewhere people have interpreted it to says we will be like angels. Eventually others conclude without noting the difference, that we will be angels. It is discouraging. Isn't it?
Let us say that 'our bodies like those of angels will not be given to marriage.'
If you consider carefully,
1. Man was created in the image and likeness of God. About Angels, the Bible does say nothing, and none of us knows. Incase you know tell us.
2. No angel has lived to be saved from sin and be tried by the enemy, even to overcome. Incase you know you are welcome. =With these two plus the promises God Has made with us to fulfill through eternity, is man headed to be an angel? What I am sure is this: The Bible uses interchangeably the title of Servants of God,and Sons of God, in the Heavenly regard for us. =Charles.

When I think of Heaven I think of church. Sunday mornings are hard on me, I hate getting up, sometimes me and the family argue....but once we get there....it feels so Good. I feel great when I get there its just its so hard to get there. Life is hard, but Heaven will be Great!!!!!!

Sounds like my Sunday mornings, except I can get up easy enough. :D

God's will, an interesting subject. Is that His perfect will where we follow Him with all our hearts or His permissive will where we walk in less than He has for us or miss Him completely?

God has given man a free will. However, that does not exclude the Sovereignty of God. In God's own plan and design He has allowed (God's Sovereignty) man to exercise a free will in determining his/her own actions. That includes man's entire life. Now it should be hoped and expected that the desire and will of a man who has been redeemed by the precious blood of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, will be to honor God and do God's will. However, man being a sinful being before and after redemption, he will most likely exercise that free will and continue to stride through life doing what pleases himself and does not please God.

I would like to note that the Septuagint is a not as old as other manuscripts, contains some material the others certainly did not and that being the case simply may not be as authoritative.

Wow, seriously? So there are manuscripts older than it? Which ones are it? And all this time I thought...

You know, not all of those texts can be Divinely Inspired. Some say GOD, some says gods, some say angels. Those are not all alike. So who are we lower than? GOD? The Angels? Or gods?

Point 1-

Yes, we still will have free will. But, God being all knowing will only have those in Heaven with Him who have made a "heart decision" to follow, believe in and have faith in the Trinity and want eternal life.

They will gladly live according to God's guidance in order to avoid any evil, which God will not allow in His Kingdom anyways.

2- Of course God has a "free will". But, He chooses only that which is good because He loves and is love. But, look at the time when God was going to destroy the Jews when Moses was leading them, then when God did destroy all of mankind but Noah and his family.

So, God can eventually lose patience too, but, when He does, its always purely rightceous, unlike man's sinful condition now.

Point 3- Do what we want-

Yes, within reason of staying inline with God. What would anyone granted eternal life and Bliss with God want to do anything selfish, when God will provide all things and no more tears as well for all His Children?

If anyone has to ask that, they need to ask themselves, why ask it? Because they want to live in perfection with God and still be free to sin? Think not.

Point 4- Whats Eternity and Heaven like?

Try reading the Scriptures related to Christ's reign on earth first. That is a shadow of the eternal Heaven we will spend with God will be like.

Heres an example- The lion will lay down with the lamb together. A little child will lead these wild beasts. No violence. Animals will eat straw and herbs of the field together. etc, etc. No more death.

Point 5- Will we like what God will give us to do?

Why would we not? If not for God, you, not any others nor I would be here today, or lived our lives as we have. There is nothing n existance that has not been created by God.

Read in Revelation Chap. 20 and on, about how we will live on the new Heaven and new earth. The size of the New Jerusalem and how te Kings of the earth will come to pay homage to and Glorify God at the new City.

God's Children will live all over the earth and will come as they are lead to, to the city, to praise and Worship the Trinity. There will also be those God will choose to serve in this new City under the Trinity.

There will be leaders probably of all levels spread out around the new earth to help answer questions God's children may have.

Theres alot more God declares in prophecies about the eternal existance of us with Him, if people will take the time to read God's Word and study it to learn it.

God Bless!!

WhiteLioness said:
Wow, seriously? So there are manuscripts older than it? Which ones are it? And all this time I thought...

You know, not all of those texts can be Divinely Inspired. Some say GOD, some says gods, some say angels. Those are not all alike. So who are we lower than? GOD? The Angels? Or gods?

Divine inspiration doesn't mean that they were written by the hand of God.... a better way to think about it is that Holy men of God wrote the Bible as they were led by the Holy Spirit.

The reason that not all the translations are alike is because they are translations. If you understood what occurs when things are translated from one language to another, and then the complications that arise when further translating it into additional languages, then you would realize how things can be somewhat different depending on the translation. When translating into another language it is common to find words that have no direct translation. Additionally, some words that do translate directly may still have different meanings in the other language. Additionally, words may mean the same thing in two different languages, yet have a different connotation, or feeling (or emotion) behind them. Words can mean different things in various cultural contexts, or historical contexts. All of this is just the tip of the iceberg that occurs when translating a text.

With the Bible, that is partly why people often take a look at the original word, the original meaning, its historical context, what the author may have intended it to say, etc. The passage that you are picking on is no exception. In fact, there have been many scholarly papers exploring the word "elohim" and its original meaning. I read a rather interesting one about a year ago. There really isn't much point in getting into it all here, because I don't want to add more confusion. I don't mean that as an insult, it just seems that you are confused about a lot of things (or else you are just looking to cause confusion..... I won't make a judgment call on the matter...).

I don't want to bring up more things to confuse you. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will your knowledge and understanding be gained in a day. You bring up so many topics that confuse you all over the forum....it's like you are trying to swallow the elephant whole. You can only eat the elephant one bite at a time.

I am starting to think that GOD will not give us a free will after we die. I have enjoyed my freedom here on earth, and I have no regrets about it. But for the past few days I have felt something trying to control my own will and make me a slave, I think it is the Holy Spirit. It has been making me feel very, very bad. One minute I feel anguish in spirit, the next minute I feel nothing but pure love and selflessness. I don't really like this at all. I have prayed for it to stop but it will not, and it makes that worse. I have prayed and prayed and prayed and GOD seems to be telling me no and it makes me angry.

But for the past few days I have felt something trying to control my own will and make me a slave, I think it is the Holy Spirit. It has been making me feel very, very bad

Jesus said thet He came to give us an abundent life. When we yeild to His Spirit it does not make us feel bad. There is no greater joy than a life where God is in control.

I have prayed and prayed and prayed and GOD seems to be telling me no and it makes me angry.

If indeed it is God saying no do not be angry be happy that He loves you enough to only want what is best for you. He knows best. Trust Him

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

I am starting to think that GOD will not give us a free will after we die. I have enjoyed my freedom here on earth, and I have no regrets about it. But for the past few days I have felt something trying to control my own will and make me a slave, I think it is the Holy Spirit. It has been making me feel very, very bad. One minute I feel anguish in spirit, the next minute I feel nothing but pure love and selflessness. I don't really like this at all. I have prayed for it to stop but it will not, and it makes that worse. I have prayed and prayed and prayed and GOD seems to be telling me no and it makes me angry.

Only two things respond to serving God like that my sister- the flesh and demonic influence. Both need to be put down. One is to be led to the cross- this is the place freedom actually starts. The other is to be cast down with all other vain imaginations - do not entertain such thoughts.
Jesus differed from the pharisees in this (amongst other things)- He knew the Father's heart. The very words they used to hold men in bondage were the ones He used to set the free.
God is love. God created you to walk in fellowship and communion with Him. God spared no expense to give you a way into His presence. Began to understand His heart and you will not be afraid.
It has always been one of the devil's favorite tactics to try to separate us from the One thing we really need- our heavenly Father.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is indeed only one power that can separate us form God and that is our own self. Do not be manipulated. Each time this garbage comes up declare " I love You Lord and I will seek You all the more". Then spend an hour or so in worship and this attack will cease. There is no peace like the peace that passes all understanding. There is no joy like the joy of the Lord, there is no freedom like the freedom we find in Christ. In fact if I may be so bold as to say this- you will never really know who you were created to be until you find yourself in Him.
Much love and many blessings in His wonderful Name, your brother Larry.

When God tells us no, that's when our faith and trust in Him is tested. Our human nature is to rebel when God tells us no. We tend to get angry at Him. That's satan trying to drive a wedge between us and God. Keep reading His word and talking to Him. Being told no is tough, but if we can stop to realize that God knows what He's doing, we will be a lot better off. Easier said than done somtimes though.

Back