Do Christians Have To Follow The Old Testament?

Well God created everything, including that tempting snake. So if the snake tempted man, and god made the snake and also made it the only talking animal in the garden and the only think it talked about was tempting man, then yes I would say God tempted man.

So when we're tempted to sin, it's God's fault?

It was our decision. Not God's. We should have resisted the devil, but we didn't. God made us a conscious spirit embodied in flesh, he gave us a lot of freedom, and with that freedom comes our responsibility.
God knew that Eve was too weak to ignore the devil. God knew that Adam was too weak to ignore Eve. God knew that Adam and Eve would both eat from that tree. If God didn't put that snake there they probably would have obeyed God. So God made it impossible for Adam and Eve not to sin, therefore it was God's intention for man to sin.

God knew that Eve was too weak to ignore the devil. God knew that Adam was too weak to ignore Eve. God knew that Adam and Eve would both eat from that tree. If God didn't put that snake there they probably would have obeyed God. So God made it impossible for Adam and Eve not to sin, therefore it was God's intention for man to sin.

It was God's knowledge that man would Sin. This is why Christ came to the world as the New Adam, to do what Adam couldn't do.

I believe that God sent Jesus to make the world a better place, but I still see so much sin I question if Jesus really helped out mankind or not.

I mean what do you believe on the broad spectrum. Who is God? What is God? Who is Jesus? What is Jesus? What is His purpose and what was it on earth? How is mankind to respond to Him? etc. etc. What is your faith?

meth-user41_zps8fba46c7.jpg
This thread is being watched FYI

I mean what do you believe on the broad spectrum. Who is God? What is God? Who is Jesus? What is Jesus? What is His purpose and what was it on earth? How is mankind to respond to Him? etc. etc. What is your faith?
I'm Christian. God is the creator, Jesus is also God. Jesus came to help us. Mankind should follow him.

I'm Christian. God is the creator, Jesus is also God. Jesus came to help us. Mankind should follow him.
Do you believe this:

Statement of Faith
1) The Holy Scriptures, in it's original form, is the inerrant Word of God.
2) There is only one God who reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3) We are separated from God due to sin.
4) God's Son, Jesus Christ, was born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again on the third day.
5) We can only be saved by repenting of sin, and accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior by faith as stated in John 3:16. (The faith mentioned here will produce actions)
6)This salvation is provided by the grace of God. We cannot be saved through our own efforts, our works or by the intervention of man on our behalf.

Some people say God doesn't need us to follow those laws anymore but I don't understand why God would change his mind. Would someone be so kind and enlighten me, thank you in advance.

God hasn't changed His mind. The laws are now inside us, and no longer written on stone. The Law has a definite purpose in the world today, but not in the life of the Christian.

Romans 7:4
So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God.

Romans 8:4
He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.

1 Timothy 1:9
For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders.

Aren't we still supposed to try and keep the Ten Commandments today? The answer to this question is---no.

Romans 3:28; 31
So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law.

31 Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

The ceremonial and civil law were canceled because these applied distinctively to Israel and foreshadowed Christ's person and work.

Colossians 2:16-17
So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.

Believers are now dead to the law's power to punish, condemn, and separate them from God. We are no longer under its curse.

Galatians 3:10-14
But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, “Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God’s Book of the Law.” 11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.” 12 This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, “It is through obeying the law that a person has life.”
13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.” 14 Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.

God's grace is necessary---because the Law continues to be an impossible standard, and because it has no power to change us or produce the love it requires. Only faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ and the power of His word at work in our lives is able to do that.

So you would pick up a rock, and in Gods name throw it at a guy until his skull cracks? That's what God wants you do do? That's how you follow God? I don't know about you but that doesn't sound very Christian...

Come. On. There was some formal judging that had to be done. Israel was not ruled by mobs.

So we have to keep the Sabbath, but the punishment is no longer stoning? So the commandment stays the same but the punishment changed because of Jesus?

Do you not know that all our sin was punished on the body of Jesus---that God's anger was EXHAUSTED on Him???

I heard its hell but I don't know if that's fair because some people get to witness miracles like splitting the red sea which makes God's existence obvious, but people in China for example never get to sees God's miracles so I don't see how God could put the Chinese in hell for not believing.

There are probably more sincere, born again Christians in China than in North America.

Back