Do Angels Have An Earthly Ministry Today?

I've shared this here before but I feel it is appropriate to share again.
I shared a house with a friend several years ago. He was out of town and I was there alone except for my dog who was outside. It was the first cold night of the year and I plugged in a space heater. I was asleep on the living room couch where the outlet for the heater was. About 4:30 am I heard a loud voice say "Steven, wake up!" I was expecting to see someone in the room. Instead I saw a small flame coming from behind the couch going up the wall. We had no smoke alarm. The house was a pile of ashes and rubble within minutes.
I've always given credit to God for this. Was it an angel? Was it the Holy Spirit? Was it Jesus? I don't know exactly. I DO KNOW IT WAS GOD, however He did it, whatever means, He did it.
Up until this point I'd always gone by Steve, not Steven. I think it's important to note that I was awoken when the flame was very small, not a blazing inferno. I chose to fight the fire and was burned severely in the process. God was with me throughout that ordeal as well. I had third degree burns over 40% of my body and second and first degree on another 40%. Infection set up, I shrank from 165 lbs to 94 lbs. My spine was crushing my stomach preventing me from eating or drinking. A month later I walked out of the hospital. A guardian angel? Maybe. God most definitely!

Bless you brother. Whichever it was I am thankful you have recovered.

I shared a house with a friend several years ago. He was out of town and I was there alone except for my dog who was outside. It was the first cold night of the year and I plugged in a space heater. I was asleep on the living room couch where the outlet for the heater was. About 4:30 am I heard a loud voice say "Steven, wake up!" I was expecting to see someone in the room. Instead I saw a small flame coming from behind the couch going up the wall. We had no smoke alarm. The house was a pile of ashes and rubble within minutes.
I've always given credit to God for this. Was it an angel? Was it the Holy Spirit? Was it Jesus? I don't know exactly. I DO KNOW IT WAS GOD, however He did it, whatever means, He did it.
Up until this point I'd always gone by Steve, not Steven. I think it's important to note that I was awoken when the flame was very small, not a blazing inferno. I chose to fight the fire and was burned severely in the process. God was with me throughout that ordeal as well. I had third degree burns over 40% of my body and second and first degree on another 40%. Infection set up, I shrank from 165 lbs to 94 lbs. My spine was crushing my stomach preventing me from eating or drinking. A month later I walked out of the hospital. A guardian angel? Maybe. God most definitely!
That's amazing, Steven! God definitely woke you up (and apparently renamed you!) For you to even survive the burns is another amazing feat of God's! Thanks for sharing about this... I hope you do not still suffer from the scars as my aunt did all her life.

That's amazing, Steven! God definitely woke you up (and apparently renamed you!) For you to even survive the burns is another amazing feat of God's! Thanks for sharing about this... I hope you do not still suffer from the scars as my aunt did all her life.
I don't suffer from them. I have to be mindful of the sun especially on my right arm and hand. When people notice the scars it's a great doorway for me to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them. And it's a daily reminder of God's love for me and His grace. I could have died that night, I was so lost and far from Him at that time, yet He still saved me.

I don't suffer from them. I have to be mindful of the sun especially on my right arm and hand. When people notice the scars it's a great doorway for me to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them. And it's a daily reminder of God's love for me and His grace. I could have died that night, I was so lost and far from Him at that time, yet He still saved me.
Wow! God is so good! When I was lost and far from Him, I remember many times that He kept me safe miraculously as well... Hearing about how you are using your scars as a doorway to share the Gospel, I'm almost envious! I want some visible scars now! LOL

That is a wonderful testimony. Thanks for sharing it with us! I am so glad to here that you are a soul winner.

Oh wow!! :eek: God is so good! :cool:

I believe that God continues to use angels just as he continues to use us. We know from Scripture that angels exist, that they are servants of God, and so are we who choose to be. We don't go over the head of the Holy Spirit, and neither do angels. Angels aren't obsolete because of the Holy Spirit, angels work in partnership with God servants.

We have an assurance that God is our comfort and stronghold, we intercede for one another and help our fellow man when we know we have to. Angels have been given this responsibility as messengers and protectors for God. We know that God doesn't change and neither does his plan for His creation. If anything changes outside of His original plan, it is in regression.

I believe that God continues to use angels just as he continues to use us. We know from Scripture that angels exist, that they are servants of God, and so are we who choose to be. We don't go over the head of the Holy Spirit, and neither do angels. Angels aren't obsolete because of the Holy Spirit, angels work in partnership with God servants.

We have an assurance that God is our comfort and stronghold, we intercede for one another and help our fellow man when we know we have to. Angels have been given this responsibility as messengers and protectors for God. We know that God doesn't change and neither does his plan for His creation. If anything changes outside of His original plan, it is in regression.

No problem Lysander. This is not the first thing we have disagreed on and I am pretty sure it will not be the last. Thank God that disagreeing does not make one an enemy.

Keep up the good work.

I do believe so. Look at all the wonderful miracles that have happened overtime throughout history. I mean, some may be little things but they are still worth noting. I do believe that God is helping us and that he is our Guardian Angel. I do believe in angels but I think that God gives them permission to come down and help certain people. Just as he did with Gabriel and many other angels throughout the Bible. He also sent a Death Angel and it had to follow everything God told him to do. When the Death Angel did the Passover, God stopped him from killing all of Egypt.

So, yes, I do believe there are angles and Guardian Angels.

I do believe so. Look at all the wonderful miracles that have happened overtime throughout history. I mean, some may be little things but they are still worth noting. I do believe that God is helping us and that he is our Guardian Angel. I do believe in angels but I think that God gives them permission to come down and help certain people. Just as he did with Gabriel and many other angels throughout the Bible. He also sent a Death Angel and it had to follow everything God told him to do. When the Death Angel did the Passover, God stopped him from killing all of Egypt.

So, yes, I do believe there are angles and Guardian Angels.

Before you get a flood of people explaining to you that there is a difference between what God is and what His angels are, I will say you are right in saying that God is our guardian -- but of course that's separate also from our own personal guardian angels who are soldiers of God.

Yup they do. We have angels god assigns us ( i member when the Lord allowed my brother to discern for a while ,and he was able to see our angels... some were tall, some my heightlol. . But angels are real there are alot of people whom the lord has gifted with discernment that can see these things)

Anywho: angels guard us, they give us msgs from god, they war in heaven ...they do quite a bit.

Before you get a flood of people explaining to you that there is a difference between what God is and what His angels are, I will say you are right in saying that God is our guardian -- but of course that's separate also from our own personal guardian angels who are soldiers of God.

Yup, its odd how some don't believe we have angels that gaurd us.

Yes. I probably didn't explain that perfectly well. I do agree there is a difference between what God is and what His angels are.

Back