Diotrephes = The Man Of Sin; Seal Not The Sayings.....

We are to hear the revealed Word of Truth and honor God…glorifying Him for His wisdom and power and majesty. His Word is not like the words spoken by high-ranking, religious-sounding men who wrest the Scriptures to their own destruction in their denominations of envy and strife.

Man’s wisdom teaches natural things….naturally discerned things….but the Holy Spirit teaches God’s wisdom….comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:10-14 KJV
(10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
(11) For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
(13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
(14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

When the brothers come forth in this coming time to speak His knowledge of the Truth to the churches, the men who love to be first (having the “preeminence” among them) will oppose. They will seek to save their own religious thoughts and ways and denominations. They will not want to hear that their deeds are evil. They will not lose their lives to save them as they will reject the Truth. They will not want to hear it.

Instead, they will behave with evil….prating against the brothers with malicious words and will forbid others to receive the brothers and the words of their Lord. They will seek all of their followers to honor them over all that is called “God”. The Word was/ is God.

John 1:1 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

“Diotrephes”….meaning “nourished by Jupiter”….represents all of the men who love to be first among the churches and will oppose the revealing of His knowledge to their congregations. “Jupiter” means “sky father” or “shining father”. They will want all to honor them instead of God who will have revealed His Word of Truth to them.

They will be the revealed “man of sin” who will show himself in every church….every denomination…every gathering done in the name of God. They will use the name of God for their evil activities by saying they are doing these evil things with His authority…..believing that they will be doing God “service” for prating against others with malicious words and casting people out of their assemblies for receiving the Word of Truth.

3 John 1:9-12 KJV
(9) I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
(10) Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

Many will follow their pernicious ways even though we know not to follow that which is evil.

(11) Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

We are to hear the Truth and do good not evil.

(12) Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.

They will fall away from the Truth as they will do evil and not have love for their brothers who will speak the Word of Truth to them. They will oppose and exalt themselves above all that is called “God”( the Word was God) or that is worshipped so that they as God will set in the temple of God showing that they are God. They will behave collectively as one man….the “man of sin”…who will prate with malicious words against those who will speak the Word of Truth to them and their congregations.

They will say that they will be doing these things in His name….His authority (sitting in the temple as God)….but really they will be doing these things (calling them "wonderful works") in their own authority as they exercise their authority over their congregations and demanding that their followers honor and glorify them.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-5 KJV
(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

These are the words of Jesus who had told these things to His disciples when He was yet with them. Compare 2 Thessalonians 2:5 with John 16:4.

(5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Jesus had spoken these things to us all before so that when this time comes that we shall be tripped up. We should expect these things to come for the man of sin shall reveal and exalt himself in every church gathering as they will prate against us with malicious words and cast out the brothers from their assemblies and all the while thinking that they are doing God “service”.

John 16:1-4 KJV
(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

They will do these evil things to us for they will not have known the Father nor His Son.

(3) And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? The man of sin shall exalt himself in every assembly and exercise their authority over their congregations and will say that they are doing these evil deeds in the authority of God (sitting in the temple as God).

(4) But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

They will say that they will be doing these "wonderful works" in His "name"...His authority. They shall see themselves as "gods"....that is, judges...thinking that they will doing God service. They will cast out the brothers out of their congregations calling them "devils"...evil doers.

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

He will not know them....for they will do these things because they do not know the Father nor the Son.

(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The “Diotrephes”….meaning “sky father”…. “heavenly father”… of every church shall reveal himself and demand that all honor him over God. They will say that they are doing "wonderful works" in His name or authority...sitting in the temple as God....as His divinely appointed representative. But we have ONLY ONE Father who is in heaven whom we are to glorify over all men. We are not to call any man on earth by a flattering title for we are all brothers and sisters here.

Matthew 23:5-12 KJV
(5) But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
(6) And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
(7) And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
(8) But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

(9) And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
(10) Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

(11) But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Whoever shall exalt himself shall be abased. “Diotrephes” will seek honor from all of his followers in every church….in the face of hearing the revealed Word of Truth as spoken by the Spirit of God through the brothers that will be sent to speak to them.

(12) And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Blessed is he that keeps the “sayings” of the prophecy of this book. The sayings are to WORSHIP GOD at the revelation of the Word of Truth and not men.

Revelation 22:7-12 KJV
(7) Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

At His revelation, we are to WORSHIP GOD and not men who wrest the Scriptures and exercise their authority over their congregations. We are all brothers here and fellowservants of others as we minister His Word to others. “He that is greatest among you shall be your servant”.

(8) And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

“He that is greatest among you shall be your servant”. Do not worship men but worship God only who will show us the deep things of Him by the Spirit.

(9) Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Seal not the sayings: WORSHIP GOD. Give Him honor and glory. Do not worship the “beast”….men who will behave like animals at the hearing of the Word of Truth. Do not honor men over God.

(10) And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
(11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

He will give to every man according as to what his work shall be. Will it be good or evil towards the hearing of what the Spirit is saying? Will men be righteous and holy or will they be unjust and filthy? Will they honor God or will they honor men who come in their own authority?

(12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

The “sayings” of Revelation are to honor and glorify God. Worship Him and not religious-sounding men who will exalt themselves and oppose what they will hear in every church at the hearing of His revealed Word of Truth.

KEEP THE SAYINGS: Worship God only. He alone is to receive glory and honor and power.

Revelation 4:11 KJV
(11) Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 5:12-13 KJV
(12) Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
(13) And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Revelation 7:12 KJV
(12) Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Keep the sayings. “Seal” not the sayings. Do not keep the mouth shut but give the Lord our God the glory and honor.

Revelation 19:1-7 KJV

(1) And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
(2) For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
(3) And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
(4) And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

Seal not the sayings: PRAISE GOD. Do not keep the mouth shut.

(5) And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

Let us hear His Word of Truth and be glad and rejoice….giving honor to our Lord God who reigns over our own thoughts and ways. His thoughts and ways are HIGHER than ours.

(6) And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Let us honor God. Let us not give honor to church leaders who will exalt themselves at the hearing of His Word of Truth.

Do not receive the “mark” of the beast. Do not give honor to men who are like the beasts that perish. The brothers will come with the name (authority) of the Lord written on their foreheads yet, many will not receive them but will receive those who will exalt themselves and exercise their authority.

If another should come in his own “name” or authority (receiving the mark on his forehead), we are not to receive them (mark on the hand).

John 5:41-44 KJV
(41) I receive not honour from men.
(42) But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
(43) I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
(44) How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Revelation 14:9-10 KJV

(9) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

They will be tormented at the hearing of the true sayings of God (in the presence of the holy angels = true sayings of God). They will behave in evil towards the hearing of the Word of Truth and not be able to receive it and will honor men who come in their own authority. The tongue is a fire.....a world of evil that will set the wheel of life on fire.

(10) The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Psalms 49:20 KJV
(20) Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.

Back