Dinosaurs On Noahs Ark

Coincidently, I was watching "Lost Civilizations" on H2 last night and they had a segment on Gobeckli Tepe. Discovered by a farmer, who plowed into a big stone - He spent several days trying to dig the mammoth stone out, when he saw there were engravings - pictures of animals on it. This site attracted lots of archeologists who have dated the site at 11,000 yrs. old. The site was not a burial ground or living habitation, so much as a place/temple of celebration/ritual/religious center. The stones are decorated with animals - many of which are not known or to be "significant" (their word) to the area. Located a few hundred miles from Mt.Arrarat, some have theorized that the place was a center for thanksgiving for the saving of the animals in the ark. It is also believed that the center was used for 2,000 yrs. and then carefully buried (or so it appears.) They didn't mention any pics of dinosaurs but I caught sight of what looked like a triceratops. Could have been a lizard tho.

Jobango says: Wasn't Herod a King?

Well - he was kinda ruling with the backing of Rome. He almost blew it when he backed Marc Antony and Cleo against Octavian. Wait - which Herod are you talking about?

I wasn't saying every king that ever lived... just in general. The idea of 'rulers' and 'kings'... it's like they were imbedded into Human Nature from the get-go... it's an interesting topic, I think.

I'm not convinced many have an inbuilt desire to rule but a desire to be led may be quite common? If so, I guess a question becomes how? I live in a monarchy (UK, classed as a constitutional monarchy). I think the majority support this but there are a fair number who would prefer a republic with an elected president...

The Jews wanted a King...
8 And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel.2 Now the name of his firstborn was Joel; and the name of his second, Abiah: they were judges in Beersheba. 3 And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment. 4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, 5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. 6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord. 7 And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Yeah - Israel wanted to be just like all the other kingdoms. They could also hear God's voice during the exodus but preferred divine news from Moses. (I say what?) Off the OP tho.:)

Anyone have any thoughts in regards to dinosaurs being on Noahs ark? I believe in young earth creationism therefore I believe they were a part of the animal menagerie taken aboard the ark.

It is plausible if you consider this: http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2000/04/03/dinosaurs-on-noahs-ark

Although there are about 668 names of dinosaurs, there are perhaps only 55 different “kinds” of dinosaurs. Furthermore, not all dinosaurs were huge like the brachiosaurus, and even those dinosaurs on the Ark were probably “teenagers” or young adults.

My two cents is that they were extinct before the flood. Adam and those pre-flood were highly intelligent, they could easily hunt them to extinction or dig up fossils of them and draw pictures.

If they were here after the flood...An Apatosaurus would have been conserved by farmers and T-Rexes by Nero.

Or......, we are told all of creation on land were herbivorous Gen 1:30, and then looking at the teeth in the fossils of T-rex, ...after the flood he decided he wanted a burger, I can imagine there was plenty of motivation in man to kill T-rex and eat him before he ate man.

Blessings,

Gene

Back