Different Understandings And Branches Of Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just trying to help you understand. The word of God says the traditions of man are wrong, Col 2:8. What do you do with that verse? I'm not saying believe ME and MY way, I'm saying, all "Christian" denominations exist because they started with Christ and their beliefs have become warped over time by man's corruption. I'm only saying go back to the original Source. So because I say use the word of God that makes it "My Religion" or "My Way"? I'm saying let's stick to the word of God so was can communicate, on the same page, but you wish to stick with man's word rather than God's word. So be it. That's your right. I'm just a sign post and I'm telling you the bridge ahead is out and you blaming me for the word God published. You're problem isn't with me or Major. Be at peace.
Your issue is with Catholicism. Not me. Good day.

Your issue is with Catholicism. Not me. Good day.
I guess so. I used to be catholic. Altar boy and all. Then I found the truth after reading the word of God for myself and was chastised because of it. I don't judge catholics, why should I? I respond the same to anyone who comes here and I say use the word of God. If a Baptist came on (which I used to also be one) I'd tell him the same thing, or Methodist, or Jew. All these religions started because they didn't like the church they came from. The history of catholicism came into being when Constantine saw the money the Jews and Christians were bringing in, so he made it official and paid the priests and preachers, creating the catholic church, though it's claimed they come from Peter. Well so do the Baptists. They claim to be from the Ana-baptists who claimed they come from John the Baptist. The TRUTH is they all started after the POWER of God was revealed in men, and other men wanted that power without going to God. Just like today, making merchandise of Him. This is what the word of God says:

2 Peter 2:2-3 (KJV)
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

The Methodist started because the Church of England (Anglicans in America) was snobbish about its members and John Wesley wanted to go out to the poor and beleaguered. There's rhyme and reason for all, but in the end, they all started from the word of God. Let's go back and learn from God and not man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back