Difference In Interpretation, Forgiveness

Ban......you keep challenging me on "Literal interpretation".

I think we have come to an understanding. I"m not meaning to challenge you, just understand. The challenge is only apparent because you are reading these in many cases in a different order than I am. Now that I understand how you reconcile it, I don't see a need to belabor the point. I'm not trying to figure out what your point is, only how you arrive at it since you take a very different path than I do.

I think we have come to an understanding. I"m not meaning to challenge you, just understand. The challenge is only apparent because you are reading these in many cases in a different order than I am. Now that I understand how you reconcile it, I don't see a need to belabor the point. I'm not trying to figure out what your point is, only how you arrive at it since you take a very different path than I do.

You know, sometimes truth is like a diamond with many facets that can be vieweds from independent angles. This is not to say that 'anything goes': far from it, but often seeming contradictions may appear on further analysis to be variances in perspective which do not necessarily render invalid other perspectives. What we need to keep centering on, of course, is the fact of John 14:6, which brings all other aspects of truth into perpective. Blessings.

(My two cents'.)

I'm working in the cabinet shop so I'm home for lunch, ...this will have to be short.

You know, sometimes truth is like a diamond with many facets that can be viewed from independent angles. This is not to say that 'anything goes': far from it, but often seeming contradictions may appear on further analysis to be variances in perspective which do not necessarily render invalid other perspectives.

Far out bro, that is what/how the Lord showed me to respond to the contradiction thread. PTL

Ban, bro, I'm starting to wrap my head around the way you see things, so let me explain my definition of "literal," ...to me literal is every word and letter is inspired, "God breathed," I believe He is the author of the Bible and He just used different men to pen it, I don't believed He gave them a theme and let them run with it because in Is 55 He says My thoughts are not your thoughts so that eliminates them adding any of there own twists, He used their personalities, but gave them what to write.

Interpretation for me is best described in Neh 8:8, which is a description of the gift of teaching spoken about in the New Testament.

SO, you define the term "Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" as the sin of unbelief? I definitely understand the thought you are getting at, but since I know that you believe in reading Scripture literally, I'm curious how you make that jump without interpreting the words in a way that isn't very literal. No "attack" or debate intended. Just trying to see through your eyes here.

No worries mate.

I think we can agree that a unregenerated person can't understand the spiritual truths of the Bible, but only the historical, so looking through my "eyes" there was a moment in time when the Holy Spirit illuminated my state of being lost and going to Hell, at that moment I had the choice of accepting salvation or rejecting it, if I rejected it was like calling the Holy Spirit a liar, now, every true born again child of God has had the same experience in their lives, ...so, I have experienced the opportunity of calling the Holy Spirit a liar (blasphemy), but didn't, ...so from that experience we know the act is "literal" (occupies a point of time in the time-space domain) and we know the signification of what Jesus was saying, ... so, from our knowledge ("ginosko," knowledge that comes from experience) we can use the gift of teaching, reading the text distinctly, giving the sense and help the people to understand, to "interpretate" the verse correctly in the sense that He meant, ...the proof we have that this is correct is in the fact the Word of God is living, but these words were spoken almost two thousand years ago and yet there are people being convicted by them today.

We are growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, I look at it like when I was framing houses, I used the Pythagorean theorem to calculate the rafter lengths, I didn't have to stop and first review the multiplication tables because I had already learned them, so it is with the Truth of God, we keep building on what He has/is teaching us and we are growing in knowledge.

I hope that helps you to understand me some,

Blessings,

Gene

Good stuff.
"Challenge" was probably not the right word to use so forgive me for it. It just felt like we were going over the same ground and I didn't have the words to convey what I was trying to get across. I think Gene said it best and I can not believe I didn't say it as well......
".literal is every word and letter is inspired, "God breathed," I believe He is the author of the Bible and He just used different men to pen it".

God loves us so much that He wanted us to know of His plan of redemption. He would not give us an inaccurate account of such an emportant plan. He wanted to make sure we got the full picture hence..."God breathed" the words to man so that there would be no mistakes and no errors and no conradictions.

Always a blessing to speak with you Ban. Be well and do good!

aha said,,,,,,,,,,"Although am not saying that “rejecting Jesus” means “rejecting salvation”".

I AM because that is exactly what the Scriptures tells us.

Acts 4:12, John 3:16, John 14:6.

There is one and only one way to be saved..........."Believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ."

I agree!
I have no idea why I post such nonsense : )
It is a good thing I always attribute what I say to my own faulty logic….
…and not to divinely guided wisdom…. precisely how i see that teachers are held more accountable…

Back