Difference Between Sin Committed By Believer And Unbeliever

Close... they tried to obtain righteousness through works instead of faith... just like those who call themselves Christians but don't know God just like Job in the beginning.

Romans 9:31-32 (KJV)
But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because [they sought it] not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Job 42:5 (KJV)
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
I see your point.. Don't look myself, rather look at Christ.. But at the same time, what about our personal responsibility.. Paul asks us to work out our salvation (not work the way for salvation). But personal responsibility goes hand in hand with sanctification work of Holy Spirit.. How am I yielding to the conviction of Holy Spirit in my daily walk? How do I measure that? By looking how much I have separated myself from my sinful ways!

I look at it differently.. Any sin is capable of separating us from God.. One simple sin.. Because that is what happened to Adam right? Implication of every sin is the same.. When a person is truly born again, I don't think he can be unborn again.. This would take the thread to different direction though..

That's a very good point, because it only took one sin to disconnect man from God.
My response would be that this sin that Adam and Eve committed was original sin and the foreground of tainting mankind's soul with it. Though we're looking at personal sin. Consider a severely retarded person, so much so that he is in a vegetative state in fact. He cannot sin because his mind is that underdeveloped. But even though he cannot sin, it's still necessary to recognize him as a sinner in that his soul has been tainted with original sin. Where I can and have committed personal sins because of my ability and my development to be able to look at evil in contrast of good.

So the case in defense of the variations of sins--mortal and venial--is in regards to personal sins.

I see your point.. Don't look myself, rather look at Christ.. But at the same time, what about our personal responsibility.. Paul asks us to work out our salvation (not work the way for salvation). But personal responsibility goes hand in hand with sanctification work of Holy Spirit.. How am I yielding to the conviction of Holy Spirit in my daily walk? How do I measure that? By looking how much I have separated myself from my sinful ways!
1 John 1:9 (KJV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So let's discuss this. Working out your own salvation begins with this:

Romans 12:1-2 (KJV)
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 1:9 (KJV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So let's discuss this. Working out your own salvation begins with this:

Romans 12:1-2 (KJV)
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Absolutely agree with this verse from Romans.. But that is exactly we don't do right? That is, not present ourselves to desires of flesh rather than to God. Not always.. But enough number of times!

That's a very good point, because it only took one sin to disconnect man from God.
My response would be that this sin that Adam and Eve committed was original sin and the foreground of tainting mankind's soul with it. Though we're looking at personal sin. Consider a severely retarded person, so much so that he is in a vegetative state in fact. He cannot sin because his mind is that underdeveloped. But even though he cannot sin, it's still necessary to recognize him as a sinner in that his soul has been tainted with original sin. Where I can and have committed personal sins because of my ability and my development to be able to look at evil in contrast of good.

So the case in defense of the variations of sins--mortal and venial--is in regards to personal sins.
I do agree there are different levels of sin.. But the variation would be on what is incurred as wrath of God. As far as implication of sin, they are all same.. Any sin would send us to hell..

Absolutely agree with this verse from Romans.. But that is exactly we don't do right? That is, not present ourselves to desires of flesh rather than to God. Not always.. But enough number of times!
1 Peter 4:1-2 (KJV)
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of [his] time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

2 Peter 2:14 (KJV)
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

1 Peter 4:1-2 (KJV)
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of [his] time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

2 Peter 2:14 (KJV)
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
I hope you would continue being patient with me :) Because this is a genuine personal struggle for me.. I know what I am supposed to do.. When I don't that repeatedly, I start wondering many things..

I hope you would continue being patient with me :) Because this is a genuine personal struggle for me.. I know what I am supposed to do.. When I don't that repeatedly, I start wondering many things..
I understand... I find that when I take 3 hours to answer completely, people don't read what I wrote... so one piece at a time.

Sin must be dealt with. Habitual sin is the hardest to overcome because, well, it's a habit. It's 100% a mental exercise. Habitual sins are executed in milliseconds, so fast, that we don't have time to even recognize the threat of sin before we've done committed it. Sin starts in the mind (our garden - whatsoever we sow we reap). It's up to us to tend to our garden every moment of every day. It's hard work until we come to the point of complete peaceful surrender and die to the flesh. Tons of people run on automatic instead of controlling themselves. We've become a microwave society. Sin can be genetically inherited but we still have to deal with it. Our environment can influence our beliefs to where we sin. Only God can help us find those weeds we can't get to so that we can deal with it. This is why meditating on the word of God is so vital.

Every believer commits sin at some point. There is sinless believer. At the same time, we have lot of self righteous unbelievers as well. Clearly their righteousness does not glorify God. At the same time, the sins they commit might be far less than what believers commit.

A believer tells lies. An unbeliever also tells lies.. How different are they?

Hello Rav, found another one of your threads brother....I'd say the difference is that our righteousness is in Jesus Christ because we have recognised how sinful mankind is and our desperate need for his grace to declare us righteous before God. We are all sinners saved by grace, if any of us say we are without sin we are liars, we absolutely depend on the blood of Christ for our righteousness. Remember faith is the only requirement to have your sins blotted out before God.

We are free from the law therefore the judgement of sin in the eyes of God, now the law is not for the righteous, but the unrighteous, they are being judged by God's Law even today however we live by a new and living way, his love. I know you know all this already, just enjoying sharing the Word of God!

Every believer commits sin at some point. There is sinless believer. At the same time, we have lot of self righteous unbelievers as well. Clearly their righteousness does not glorify God. At the same time, the sins they commit might be far less than what believers commit.

A believer tells lies. An unbeliever also tells lies.. How different are they?

Just another quick point, have you ever considered the verses and what they mean in 1st John - sin unto death and sins NOT unto death?

I look at it differently.. Any sin is capable of separating us from God.. One simple sin.. Because that is what happened to Adam right? Implication of every sin is the same.. When a person is truly born again, I don't think he can be unborn again.. This would take the thread to different direction though..

Adam ate an apple and got '''simply''' removed from God's presence / removed from the garden of Eden. Not sent to hell...or, 'Adam walked away blind'. No 'Adam walked away as a dumb mute'. No 'Adam walked away extremely sick'. God blessed Adam with long life. God blessed Adam with kids. If Adam, killed Abel. If Adam would skin animals alive. If Adam tortured his kids. Would God have blessed him with long life? I know I am using crazy examples, but we must acknowledge the fact that even though Adam sinned, he was NOT a Nero, Hitler, Saddam, Osama etc etc.

There are many sins / sinners that God tolerates and then there are sins / sinners that God does not tolerate. We see this in plenty examples throughout scripture.

Sin = death points simply toward removal from His presence. However, mortal sin points to provoking God's immediate wrath.

Back