Did Jesus Restore Lost Legs Eyes Etc?

Did Jesus restor lost limbs etc

hi,

the answer is absolutely yes he did . Remember the garden of gethsemany,where Peter cut off a soldiers ear,Jesus bent over put it back and it miraculously became one with the body again,

Love

ALAN

Though put to Alan (#13), I think the random/speciicality issue probably involved a mix of factors. Almost without exception faith in him as a thaumaturge was present. When he healed many (not all) we do not know whether 1) he simply tied and needed rest, 2) some lacked faith in him, or 3# whether the day’s preach had been done. Theologically 2) & 3) would be similar, prophetic of the fact that redemptively not all would be redeemed – redemption is one meaning of the word translated ‘heal’. That in turn is linked to individual faith.

I hold that to signify his messiahship, as well as to highlight his deeper level service of redemption, Jesus came with significant yet limited physical healing – hence John’s use of sēmeion. Likewise the earliest apostles had this supporting feature. Occasionally Jesus selected an individual to heal (eg Jhn.9), even as he had selected a few to be indepth disciples. Likewise John & Peter (Ac.3:6).

When it’s taught that miraculous physical healing happens, faith levels rise enabling a greater uptake. In some countries this combines with a ‘time of visitation’, miracles supporting the greater miracle of redemption (Jhn.14:12). Missionaries, whether apostolic or not, sometimes exercise more faith in W3 countries commensurate with the community belief there.

One issue with #21 is that the ear was not created de nova, but was simply picked up and miraculously sewn on – perhaps restoration rather than regrowth. Thus it does not exemplify #1’s line about “regrowing lost body parts”, a line I have taken to quality the Q. Personally I do not have a problem with extra-ordinary miracles in this life including regrowth of limbs, eyes, etc. It is more a case of being in God’s will for the given individual. The resurrection will involve redeemed spirits summoning back atoms for at least the basic human frame, though I suspect that even functions like taste buds will be included – eating for pleasure, not sustenance. To some extent regrowth in this life hints at the greater miracle to come.

Just a thought:
I put no limits on Jesus- all of His acts were not even recorded and He was and is the creator of all.

Old testament Phrophets split rivers with a Word of Faith under the anionting.
2Ki 2:14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.

Off the top of my head I cannot remember them casting out demons in scripture although it was obviously a common practice in Judiasm as witnessed by the seven sons of Sceva (Act 19:14) .

Hi,

I nmy Bible it days you cured the "maimed" Matt. 15 verse 30, reading the dictionary indicates that people "maimed" could have lost limbs in war etc. Anyway Jesus is God and he healed them all, their degree of faith made no difference to him, he is the source of unlimited ifinite power and love, yesterday, tomorrow and forever.

Love

Alan

Old testament Phrophets split rivers with a Word of Faith under the anionting.
2Ki 2:14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.

Off the top of my head I cannot remember them casting out demons in scripture although it was obviously a common practice in Judiasm as witnessed by the seven sons of Sceva (Act 19:14) .
But these were using the Name of Jesus, paul preached, in vs 13

But no problem Bro Larry with you by PM:):D

Boan’s point is valid re. Ac.19:13. It shows exorcism predating Paul. Quite possibly it had some success, but when they tried to take Christianity’s success with taking Christ, they were rightly rebuffed. Lk.11:19 also shows that in Inter-testamental Jewish Religion (strictly speaking Judaism began in ad 70) demons were cast out. Certainly physical divine healing took place in the OT, but like Boan I am scratching my head to think whether the method of speaking a word – either to announce it done or to do it – was used.

I would not wish to relate a word from an elderly translation (eg KJV’s maimed), link it to its current semantic range, and including the full range of meaning (totality transfer fallacy) to cover my point. If I did I might say that he healed the dumb, that today dumb means idiot, and that therefore Jesus healed idiots. Now there was a guy mentioned in Lk.8:27 who fitted the bill, but is that what Mt.15:30 is about?

I’ve even more problems with the idea that Jesus’ works were because he was God (see my post #9). A# many prophets (who were not God) had healed before him, B# he said that it was by the Spirit (would God need any help?), C# those healed didn’t think it was since he was God (no blasphemy charge), D# & he set a pattern for us which he expected us to follow & exceed (exceeding God is difficult).

The way I see it we are not specifically told what their conditions were so we have no real way of knowing. I am convinced no matter what the malady Jesus was the cure. But healing cripples or relacing limbs I cannot say- I can say this- He replaced my heart.

Back