Did Jesus Died On Good Friday And Rose Early Sunday Morning?

Bro Tan,

I am sure you are being sincere but like the Boreans you should search the scriptures daily to see whether these things be true. Don't just presume that things that come to you in the spirit are of the Spirit...the Spirit and the word are one, they would not contradict each other. Being corrected by Scripture and the humility to be so is part of growing more mature in the Spirit. I have been corrected (I was proven to have had a misapplication of Romans 12:3 and it led to a false supposition on my part) at times and rather then try to bear false witness against the brethren I admitted I was incorrect our brother correct and then I just lined up more fully with the truth. The same long ago with my understanding of Ephesians 2:8,9...I was taught it says "faith" is the gift of God but I was shown that to not be accurate from the Greek and now when I read it I can only see what it actually says...being saved is the gift and it is by grace through faith....I was wrong then (although this one I had been taught by my pastor...he was wrong as well but refused to change his opinion) I know the truth now...walk therefore in the truth...

No I am not saying you can not have you understanding (we all have some points here or there where we see something differently) but we all should be growing toward our goal conforming to what the word says not what we or someone else thinks or says it means. By asking for you to demonstrate it from the word of God is not unreasonable nor is it legalistic or Satanic but if the word says something and you say something different why should we believe you without you showing us? You have weighed in and contributed on other threads but on this one I think you are incorrect.

in His love

brother Paul

No I am not saying you can not have you understanding (we all have some points here or there where we see something differently) but we all should be growing toward our goal conforming to what the word says not what we or someone else thinks or says it means. By asking for you to demonstrate it from the word of God is not unreasonable nor is it legalistic or Satanic but if the word says something and you say something different why should we believe you without you showing us? You have weighed in and contributed on other threads but on this one I think you are incorrect.

I believe I do show the scriptures and verses to prove what I say, I agree that we should all do that, with good fruit in our heart. People on this form rely on a doctrine made by men and not God, so I understand the disagreements and the attitude. I am more of a spiritual minded person, so when I teach, I teach on the level where one must ask question or have basic knowledge in the Bible. If a person continue to quote scriptures to support a man made doctrine, and really do not understand or know the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, then I'll pass over you, unless one is interested in the truth. I am here to help people understand the truth. You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. I teach the uncut word of God and if you never heard it before it will shake you up. I understand its hard for one to unlearn what they been taught and learn again, but that's the price we have to pay in these evil times we living in. What I do according to the word of God is considered true love. By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 2 Corinthians 6:6

See here is the problem Bro Tan...

You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law.

You post a doctrinal position that the scriptures themselves deny (He rose ON the third day not after the 3rd night following a 3rd day)...sorry that IS the word of God (Jesus Himself said it)....AFTER the 3rd day and 3rd night would be the 4th day. Please see this...

Then you believe the passages you supplied proved your point but they did not (most were not even related to the topic) and then if someone disagreed with your position you judge them (see your quote above)....I do not have a lifestyle where sin dominates or rules over me (unless you are omniscient and I do not know...if so please tell me)...you are either, being assumptive (bearing false witness), being deceived, or else you are a liar. Now I know the letter is not true, so I, loving you, will give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk it off to your UNINTENTIONALLY bearing false witness (Fear not, grace is given as received and I am not offended).

Matt. 16:21 - From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Matt. 17:23 - And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again.

Matt. 20:19 - And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Matt, 27:64 - Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

Mk. 9:31 - For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

Mk. 10:34 - And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke. 9:22 - Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

Luke 18:33 - And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 24:46 - And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day

Acts 10:40 - Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly

1 Cor 15:4 - And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

So you see I am not MORE CONCERNED WITH FIGHTING YOU...I am following what the scriptures actually say. Now you need to reconcile these with your wooden literal interpretation of the idiom...

No, no, no...I do not mean merely repeat or re-explain the same illogical explanation which begs a 4th day resurrection...that simply is NOT scriptural...if the idiom is literal in a wooden literalism sense, then Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul, were all in error (see ALL the passages quoted above). Can you see that? If not, then your argument is with Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul, not me...

The Lord bless...

brother Paul

Last edited:
Matt. 16:21 - From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Matt. 17:23 - And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again.

Matt. 20:19 - And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Matt, 27:64 - Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

Mk. 9:31 - For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

Mk. 10:34 - And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke. 9:22 - Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

Luke 18:33 - And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 24:46 - And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day

Acts 10:40 - Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly

1 Cor 15:4 - And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

So you see I am not MORE CONCERNED WITH FIGHTING YOU...I am following what the scriptures actually say. Now you need to reconcile these with your wooden literal interpretation of the idiom...

No, no, no...I do not mean merely repeat or re-explain the same illogical explanation which begs a 4th day resurrection...that simply is NOT scriptural...if the idiom is literal in a wooden literalism sense, then Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul, were all in error (see ALL the passages quoted above). Can you see that? If not, then your argument is with Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul, not me...

The Lord bless...

brother Paul

You copy a lot of verses in the Bible that says the Third day, did the math work for the third day...really Paul. What did you prove? Jesus said he would be in the grave for three days and three nights. Instead of you trying to figure out that you can't get three days and three nights from Good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning you copy a lot of verses that says third day. You are wasting time Paul. Just admit you can't get three days and three nights from Good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning, according to the Bible, and at lease we can more forward. The third day, and you feel when Jesus said three nights, that means nothing...plus when Mary came in the morning Jesus was gone when it was yet dark...just throw verses out the window, even from Jesus mouth.

Pay Attention...Jesus was always being inquired of by the Jews for a sign. He gave them one in reference to His death and resurrection. He told them that just like Jonas, He would be in the earth 3 days and 3 nights. In the Gospel of John Jesus again gave the Jews a sign by telling them if this temple was destroyed He would raise it up in 3 days. Jesus was referring to His body.

(Matthew 12:38) Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

(John 2:18) Then answered the Jews and said unto him, “What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?” (19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (21) But he spake of the temple of his body.

Jesus makes it clear the time between His death and resurrection would be 3 days and 3 nights.

Last edited:
You are wasting time Paul. Just admit you can't get three days and three nights from Good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning

You are correct if we mistake this idiomatic usage for a literal 72 hours (thats the point I have been making over and over but you cannot hear it). After the third day and third night CANNOT equal ON the third day (it equals the 4th day)....so either we have a contradiction, or....one or the other of the phrases are not to be taken literally. God is not the author of confusion and we know He rose ON the third day...All you do as "proof" is you keep repeating the idiom...you clearly do not understand how it is used and are stuck....tell me please HOW after the 3rd day and the 3dr night can be ON the third day....

The so called "Easter" issue you keep pressing is irrelevant to this first point...let's settle this issue and then the other falls into place...

The day later called "Easter" now was always actually the Feast of First Fruits (the day upon which He rose...which was not the focus of the celebration for a whole century) which is always the 1st day following the 7th day Sabbath IN the feast of Unleavened Bread. Whether that 7th day Sabbath in UB is the first, second, third, etc., day of that Feast (UB). It is still the very same (exactly) to this day.

This present year Passover (proper) is on April 14th (beginning on Monday Evening and ending at Sunset on our Tuesday), at Evening Tuesday begins the 7 days of Unleavened Bread (Nisan 15), on the 4th day of the UB feast proper (our Friday evening, is the 7th day Sabbath (until sundown on our Saturday), and the day following (beginning on our Saturday evening) is a 1st day (now called a Sunday) which is the Feast of First fruits (until sundown Sunday) and is the day that Jesus rose from the dead...

Now the early church, like the Jews, celebrated the Paschal feast (Pascha from Pesach or Passover) celebrating His death till He comes but a schism started first with Anicetus (at the time of Polycarp the student of John) and reached a pinnacle with Victor of Rome (around 190 A.D.) and the East and West experienced their first official divide (the East kept the Pascha which ended on the following 1st day, and the West dropped the Pascha proper and only kept the 1st day making it a feasst to celebrate His resurrection)....Paul tells us "Keep the feast till He comes" and he was speaking of the Pascha not what we now call "Easter"

You are wasting time Paul. Just admit you can't get three days and three nights from Good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning

You are correct if we mistake this idiomatic usage for a literal 72 hours (thats the point I have been making over and over but you cannot hear it). After the third day and third night CANNOT equal ON the third day (it equals the 4th day)....so either we have a contradiction, or....one or the other of the phrases are not to be taken literally. God is not the author of confusion and we know He rose ON the third day...All you do as "proof" is you keep repeating the idiom...you clearly do not understand how it is used and are stuck....tell me please HOW after the 3rd day and the 3dr night can be ON the third day....

The so called "Easter" issue you keep pressing is irrelevant to this first point...let's settle this issue and then the other falls into place...

The day later called "Easter" now was always actually the Feast of First Fruits (the day upon which He rose...which was not the focus of the celebration for a whole century) which is always the 1st day following the 7th day Sabbath IN the feast of Unleavened Bread. Whether that 7th day Sabbath in UB is the first, second, third, etc., day of that Feast (UB). It is still the very same (exactly) to this day.

This present year Passover (proper) is on April 14th (beginning on Monday Evening and ending at Sunset on our Tuesday), at Evening Tuesday begins the 7 days of Unleavened Bread (Nisan 15), on the 4th day of the UB feast proper (our Friday evening, is the 7th day Sabbath (until sundown on our Saturday), and the day following (beginning on our Saturday evening) is a 1st day (now called a Sunday) which is the Feast of First fruits (until sundown Sunday) and is the day that Jesus rose from the dead...

Now the early church, like the Jews, celebrated the Paschal feast (Pascha from Pesach or Passover) celebrating His death till He comes but a schism started first with Anicetus (at the time of Polycarp the student of John) and reached a pinnacle with Victor of Rome (around 190 A.D.) and the East and West experienced their first official divide (the East kept the Pascha which ended on the following 1st day, and the West dropped the Pascha proper and only kept the 1st day making it a feasst to celebrate His resurrection)....Paul tells us "Keep the feast till He comes" and he was speaking of the Pascha not what we now call "Easter"

Ok Paul...Lets take this one step at a time. Jesus death Wednesday night is consistent with the comment of the prophet Daniel, stating the Messiah would be cut off (killed) in the midst of the week.

Daniel 9:26-27 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week (Wednesday is the middle of the week) he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, (Remember, Jesus is the sacrificial Passover Lamb).

Jesus had to died on the Passover, this part is very important. Think about how the prophesy lines up with Daniel.

In (John 18:39) But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews? (40) Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber. Remember Mark (15:42) Joseph craved the body of Jesus the evening of the Passover. Now one can see that this was towards the end of the Passover.

This is when you start your count...at the Passover, which started Wednesday evening. Jesus did rise the third day, but you start your count on the Passover at evening. Lets do a little investigating...let's go into Exodus 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.

Note what the verse says, this is the first month, the first month of the Year. This is when the
New Year begins. But that's another lesson for another time...lets continue

Exodus 12:3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house: 4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

Take a look at verse 5. Notice the lamb must be without blemish, a male of the first year, in other words this lamb has to be perfect and be the first born. This lamb represents the Lamb of God, which is Jesus. Jesus did not commit any sin. That would make him without blemish. He also was the first born of Mary, just like the lamb in verse 5 above. Jesus wasn't the only child that Mary had He was simply the first born.

Exodus 12:6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.
They must keep the lamb until the 14th day of the month and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. Jesus death came to pass the same way. All Israel that knew they were Israel had to return to Jerusalem and observe the Passover. And Jesus was killed on the Passover and was taken off the cross at even (sun down).

Do agree or understand thus far...

Ok Paul...Lets take this one step at a time. Jesus death Wednesday night is consistent with the comment of the prophet Daniel, stating the Messiah would be cut off (killed) in the midst of the week.

Sorry, no! The whole context is weeks of years...so Daniel is clearly speaking of 3 1/2 years (the length of His public ministry according to the feasts in John)

This is when you start your count...at the Passover, which started Wednesday evening.

Sorry, no! It was a Thursday evening...

As for the original Passover this was on a 7th day Sabbath in this new 1st of all years...on the 14th day of the first of all months...the counting to the Sabbath began on the new 1st day...otherwise this had little to do with subsequent Passovers which could occur on any day of the week...

The lamb was chosen on the 10th but not slain until the even of the 14th, it took about 20 minutes to bleed out because of the peculiar Kosher slice to the neck and it being hung upside down (see how unlike Jesus death this was)...they roasted it (completely in about 2 hours) and had to eat it all before morning...(see how unlike the Crucifixion?)

The details are not meant to be a match as they are insignificant save that the Lamb was slain on Passover...Jesus and the Apostles slayed their seder lamb in the evening before and had their seder together. But the Pharisees after a tradition (not Torah) held their Temple seder (also not Torah) for the wayfarer who could not be home, and the poorest of the poor who could not afford a lamb on the 15th in the evening (the first day of Unleavened Bread).

Because so many lambs had to be slain to have enough for this customary service they slayed the lambs on the day portion of the actual Passover proper (which would have been Friday afternoon following the Thursday evening seder which all the Pharisees and priests kept IN their own homes)

So no I see you are making assumptions the scriptures do not support and it has nothing to do with ME not believing the scriptures...

How Jesus is the Passover lamb is that because of His blood, the angel off death (judgment) passes us over...

Last edited:
Brother Paul - Brotan does not take counsel - and yours has been excellent. Better to let the thread die (as it should) than to propigate his untruth.

B a C you are wasting your time...he cannot hear or see what you are saying though it is true from the reports given us by the Apostles (who were taught by Christ) and all of the earliest church....he will not accept what they say as true...I have already shown him the Daniel spin he devises is a misinterpretation....it is weeks of years, each day being a year, one week of years being 7 years...thus in the middle of the week is at some 3 1/2 year period (His crucifixion fits this exactly)

Sorry, no! The whole context is weeks of years...so Daniel is clearly speaking of 3 1/2 years (the length of His public ministry according to the feasts in John)

This is when you start your count...at the Passover, which started Wednesday evening.

Sorry, no! It was a Thursday evening...

As for the original Passover this was on a 7th day Sabbath in this new 1st of all years...on the 14th day of the first of all months...the counting to the Sabbath began on the new 1st day...otherwise this had little to do with subsequent Passovers which could occur on any day of the week...

The lamb was chosen on the 10th but not slain until the even of the 14th, it took about 20 minutes to bleed out because of the peculiar Kosher slice to the neck and it being hung upside down (see how unlike Jesus death this was)...they roasted it (completely in about 2 hours) and had to eat it all before morning...(see how unlike the Crucifixion?)

The details are not meant to be a match as they are insignificant save that the Lamb was slain on Passover...Jesus and the Apostles slayed their seder lamb in the evening before and had their seder together. But the Pharisees after a tradition (not Torah) held their Temple seder (also not Torah) for the wayfarer who could not be home, and the poorest of the poor who could not afford a lamb on the 15th in the evening (the first day of Unleavened Bread).

Because so many lambs had to be slain to have enough for this customary service they slayed the lambs on the day portion of the actual Passover proper (which would have been Friday afternoon following the Thursday evening seder which all the Pharisees and priests kept IN their own homes)

So no I see you are making assumptions the scriptures do not support and it has nothing to do with ME not believing the scriptures...

How Jesus is the Passover lamb is that because of His blood, the angel off death (judgment) passes us over...

That makes no sense Paul...you are looking at this right. If you start Thursday evening you will not get the third day of all of the quotes you posted, according to the Bible. You are not allowing thing to line up. Remember Mary did not come to the Grave site until the first day of the week which is Sunday. (John 20:1) "The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher", And it was early in the morning and it was still dark. But Jesus had already risen.

If you do three days and three nights starting at Thursday evening you will call the previous verses a lie. So Jesus would Have been in the Grave your way starting...Thursday night, Friday daytime, Friday night, Saturday daytime, Saturday night, Sunday daytime. This would be a lie, because the previous verse just inform us Jesus was gone way before Sunday morning, when it was yet dark (still dark).

Now my way according to the Bible lines up perfectly...So Jesus would Have been in the Grave Wednesday night, Thursday daytime and Thursday night, Friday daytime, Friday night, Saturday daytime and Jesus rose right before the sun went down on Saturday. Hence one has the 3 days and 3 nights which Jesus prophesied.
His death Wednesday night is consistent with the comment of the prophet Daniel, stating the Messiah would be cut off (killed) in the midst of the week.

Done here. Believe what you will bro tan....
Don't let him off the hook Bro Paul, it only adds air to his puffed up doctrines. Keep poking holes in his errors and eventually he will see that he has been uncovered.

Its not a issue that I have studied out, but I am reading your post and gaining in understanding from you.:)

AB...not trying to insult your intelligence because I know what a scholar or lay scholar you are...but your chart is totally unreliable and adds nothing to this discussion. It follows the premise that a full 72 hours (3 days and 3 nights) had to pass before the Resurrection...please go back and re-read this thread...that is NOT possible for a "third day" resurrection which all of scripture confirms....it supports an "on the 4th day" (following three full days and three full nights) resurrection. You have written some really good stuff on your site but your counting of time is just sketchy at best as you yourself admit certain things we cannot know and IMO just plain off. The Bishop Usher method of determining time by counting the generations is off from the beginning because we cannot know FOR SURE exactly what constitutes a generation in time (some say 20 years, others 35, others 40, others 70)...and ancients often blotted out the names of some "generations" (which could have been the case in the books of the generation of Adam or Noah...a year could have been measured differently before the flood as opposed to after....a revolution around the Sun may have taken more or less days...the year could be lunar not solar...and much much more...

So we can only focus on this issue...if this obscure phrase used only a few times MUST BE taken to be a literal 72 hour period (three sets of 24 hours) then the Bible is in error in every other reference (to which I say, God forbid)...then in light of what the Hebrew people themselves (as well as what Scripture demonstrates for which I gave ample support) tell us about the inclusive reckoning of time...we can only conclude since this phrase would contradict so many other scriptures that it cannot be taken literally.

Until that is understood and this one issue settled the other issues Bro Tan has addressed cannot be dealt with conclusively.

Sincerely

Brother Paul

@Brother Paul See I take the scriptures at face value... Adam was 130 years and begat Seth... the study is based on that alone. There's no "guessing" involved here and the chart shows 80 hours in the grave at most. If I've learned anything from the scriptures is it doesn't exaggerate and when an exact number isn't given it's ALWAYS 100% of the time underestimated. You can't say the scriptures are in error because they are not. The study proves Jesus' own words to be true. What in the chart makes you not believe it? Evening and morning were the first day... it's still the same today. BTW the chart has every verse in it on the topic... I've never seen that in any study. You're making up assumptions that have no basis in scripture. Amazing! And you call my stuff unreliable. At least I've got a solid example of the truth, you've only stuck to dogma.

Finally if Jesus died Friday afternoon at 3pm, and rose before the sunrise on Sunday (in Western time counting - which is wrong) you have only 36 hours at most, now who's making a contradiction!? How can a sign be a sign when it is not accurate? 36 hours equals an exaggeration and 80 hours an underestimate. Like Noah having Ham Shem and Japheth at 500 years old when the scriptures show he had Shem at 502! Dogma, why don't people believe ALL the scriptures is beyond me.

@Belief a CHOICE Yes, it shows all the scriptures and how they can be understood without a contradiction. But just like the Jews, for some, TRADITION rules...

Sorry AB, scripture not dogma, if ten plus scriptures (and all of the testimonies of all those taught by the Apostles and the men they appointed) say one thing and one scripture says something different we must see the one in light of the whole counsel of God not deny the plenary wording of all the other scriptures in light of the one. The understanding of the 10, passed down since the early second century, centuries before any RCC (as accused by some), is not "DOGMA"...neither is it "wrong"

He died Friday afternoon (the 14th Nisan day portion) which is day one, He laid in the tomb from just before sundown (still day one), and then all day 7th day Sabbath which is day 2, and rose during the evening (near morning) on the 1st day following the 7th day Sabbath (which means before He rose during this time He had still been in the tomb on the third day upon which He also rose) which is the third day (hours are irrelevant...thats the point...72 hours makes a 4th day resurrection, only those who hold this non-supportable position focus on numbers of hours...we must resort to this also in order to show the argument erroneous)....no third night follows, because it is not necessary to fit perfectly into the idiomatic usage.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, but your logic is not scriptural it's dogma and tradition. God counts from evening to morning since day one of creation and you're using logic from 1752 when the calendar changed for English speaking countries because of the RCC which is why our calendar is call Gregorian, for Pope Gregory, and why you cannot take scripture literally as I do. Furthermore, the Essences say that the last supper was on Tuesday night, just as the Scriptures say and I have shown. I've also shown definitively that Jesus died in 27AD in fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy of 483 years after the command to rebuild the city, of which Jesus died exactly 483 years and 13 days later. Ezra left on 1 Nisan. Passover only falls on Monday, like this year, Friday, Saturday and Wednesdays only - that is by the Law which is why 1 Tishri cannot be known in advance, it's the only day with a chance of 2-day declaration. Everything about Jesus in the OT points to Him. The first Passover occurred on Wednesday. That's a nice touch, but 27 AD is the only day that fits Scripture, all of them, not just three days and three nights, to have Jesus raised from the dead on the first day of the week. Jesus was "about" 30 when He started His ministry and John records 3 more Passovers, with Jesus dying on the third. Here are all the 14 Nisans for the timeframe in question.

Nisan 14, 26 AD = Friday
Nisan 14, 27 AD = Wednesday
Nisan 14, 28 AD = Monday
Nisan 14, 29 AD = Saturday
Nisan 14, 30 AD = Wednesday
Nisan 14, 31 AD = Monday
Nisan 14, 32 AD = Monday
Nisan 14, 33 AD = Friday
Nisan 14, 34 AD = Monday
Nisan 14, 35 AD = Monday
Nisan 14, 36 AD = Friday

Which now requires us to bring in His birthdate. Herod was dead in 4BC. Adding 30 years to the year Herod died (which we know was at least 3 years after Jesus' birth because the Magi came and found Jesus in His home and Herod killed all children under 2 years of age) and you have Jesus in 33 AD at 36 years old (Jan 1 BC to Jan 1 AD is one year, no year zero), too old. See BC/AD didn't come into being until ~350 AD and the monk got it wrong. Even Pope John Paul said so... So the next Friday is 26 AD at 30 years old, too young, since that's the age He started His ministry. So that alone shows it wasn't a Friday crucifixion. The Friday crucifixion just doesn't hold up to the facts of Scriptures.

I don't care you don't believe me, but when you attack the facts of Scripture to fit some dogma, I have to say something. Now do your own homework and stop living off someone else's mistakes. Are you bold and honest enough to do that? It's not as easy. God made it this way so man's work would be undone because man doesn't think. We're lazy and find math too hard. These pitfalls are there on purpose so you either choose the word of God or history books. You cannot have it both ways.

Last edited:
Back